Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

D.O.A. - How Brown Craps on another Pre-Order...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 6, 2012, 6:13:02 PM PST
UPS bungles another delivery. And this was ordered for a birthday gift for a birthday that happened in September. What a disappointment.

First cringe: Top of Amazon Box crushed. I shuddered when I saw this. The monkeys at UPS apparently thought it was okay to set heavy objects on the top of boxes that are marked 'FRAGILE'. But, having hope that Amazon put extra packaging around a game system, let me open box.

Second cringe: Found deflated, pillow type packaging. That's how heavy the object was that crushed the box. And what an awesome choice for inner packaging, Amazon. Relying on Microsoft to pack a system with a clear plastic shell was an awesome choice. Microsoft is the same company that <# insert one of the million degrading Microsoft stories here #>. So, the quick fill, expanding packaging fairies were not around? Or how about six pieces of 1/4in. high impact foam on the inside of the box?

Third cringe: Pulled out Xbox Box from Amazon Box. We now have a Halo 4 maraca. Salsa music anyone? *sigh*

Fourth cringe: Pulled Xbox System from Xbox Box. Spider cracks...spider cracks...unfriendly neighborhood spider cracks...all across...the whole shell...makes me see...five shades of hell.

So, went through the return system. Don't know if it will pan out. Last return to Amazon of a flat panel, LED, television did not go well.

No Halo 4 for us. Very disappointed in the whole Amazon pre-order thing. Should have just gone to Best Buy or Micro Center and done it. Would be playing right now with The Boy and the rest of the die-hard Halo fans. Amazon should have packed this unit a LOT better, especially of the kind of contents and it being a pre-order.

SO...

Check out your deliveries very carefully. We may be able to complete an official set of licensed, Halo 4, techno-primitive musical instruments.

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 12:13:56 PM PST
P. Granneman says:
Same here. I was waiting by my door all day, constantly looking out of peep hole for the UPS driver to show. Sat down on my couch right next to front door...knock, knock, knock! Ran up to door and hear, THUMP!!!! Opened door to see my brown amazon package on sidewalk and UPS driver said, "OH, I thought you were not home...couldn't see your lights on" I opened box, took out xbox 360 and it was cracked all the way across the beautiful...I mean BEAUTIFUL caseing.

Oh well, amazon is amazing and shipped me a new one out and gave me a shipping lable for the return of the broken xbox....please GOD! DO NOT LET IT BE DELIVERED BY THE SAME GUY...I swear if I hear a THUMP again, i will freak!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 5:28:02 PM PST
1UP says:
A lot of people reporting the console's shell cracked because of the shipping. I suggest to buy it from the retailer store. Bestbuy and Target still have plenty in stock and both give you a $20 gift card.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012, 5:13:49 AM PST
My RMA is supposed to arrive today. If it is cracked as well, I will take the refund and go to one of the Big Box retailers. It is very difficult for me to get out of the house with my disability but, if I have to, I have to.

But, something has to change with Amazon's packaging of electronics. This is not the first time I have ordered something electronic from them and it has arrived damaged. I wish they would change their ways and just add better packaging with electronics.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about