DAFA Professional 36" x 24" Self-Healing, Double-Sided Cutting Mat, Rotary Blade Compatible, (36x24), (24x18), (18x12), (12x9) Sizes, for Sewing, Quilting, Arts & Crafts
- Professional-quality, double-sided self-healing cutting mat has easy to read metric gridlines & angles on one side and imperial (inches) gridlines & angles on the opposite side. Double-sided mats offer greater flexibility and twice the useful lifetime of single sided mats
- Ideal for quilting, sewing, scrapbooking, arts and crafts, DIY projects or use as a desktop mat or protector
- Durable 3mm, 3-ply construction for heavy duty cutting, compatible with rotary cutters and straight blades. Super tough core layer is made to resist the toughest of cuts - protect your work surface!
- Non-slip, non-glare, self-healing finish reseals surface cuts, providing a continually smooth surface for all cutting projects. Ships flat, stays flat. Our mats resist curling and warping
- Please note: for ease of comparison, mat sizes are rounded to the nearest inch. Exact sizes (edge to edge) are as follows: A1(35.5in x 23.6in, 900mm x 600mm), A2(23.6in x 17.7in, 600mm x 450mm), A3(17.7in x 11.8in, 450mm x 300mm), A4(11.8in x 8.7in, 300mm x 220mm).
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Please note: for ease of comparison, mat sizes are rounded to the nearest inch. Exact sizes are as follows: A1(35.5in x 23.6in, 900mm x 600mm), A2(23.6in x 17.7in, 600mm x 450mm), A3(17.7in x 11.8in, 450mm x 300mm), A4(11.8in x 8.7in, 300mm x 220mm)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Alas, I was in need of a cutting mat since I use it often. So I began to research cutting mats both on Amazon and on manufacturers websites. I eventually landed on the DAFA mat because of it's specifications, positive reviews, and price.
I opted to upgrade to a larger 18"x24" size because I regularly cut or trim 12"x18" sheets of paper, so wanted some extra room. Speaking of cutting, I only cut with sharp utility knives. (I do not cut with a rotary cutter, so I can't speak to that.) But what I can tell you, I just finished a day of cutting using a new utility blade and the mat still looks brand new. I cut both cardstock and cardboard (which required different pressure) and not a cut. The reviews that say this mat does not self-heal must be doing some extreme pressure cutting - as I don't see how it's possible with normal use to wear this cutting mat. I expect many years of use out of this mat.
Regarding dimensions, the actual mat size is 17 11/16" x 24 7/16". One side has markings in inches, while the other side is in centimeters. The inch markings are every inch for a combined area of lines 17"x23". The centimeter markings are every 10 centimeters for a combined area of lines 430cm x 580cm. And the bonus, you really are getting two cutting surfaces in one which essentially doubles the life out of this cutting mat.
This DAFA cutting mat was shipped flat in a big, thin box. After unwrapping, I did NOT notice a strong odor as the 1-star reviews have mentioned. Yes, there is a slight smell, kind of like how a new car has a new smell to it. After a day of laying open on a table, I no longer notice any odor when walking into the room.
This DAFA cutting mat performs how I expect a mat twice the price should perform. Whether you are a light hobby user, or a full-time professional, I fully expect this cutting mat to perform equally in both environments. Very pleased with my purchase and it comes highly recommended. If my experience ever changes, I will update this review.
Only regret: I didn't buy a bigger mat! I don't really NEED a bigger mat, 12x9 was kind of perfect, I just want to cover my whole desk in this stuff now.
2/4/19 EDIT: Still looks brand new. Highly recommended :)
The odor from this thing is truly nauseating. It would be somewhat forgiven if it dissipated with time but after a week outside in the sun it still stinks up my garage. Avoid like Brazilian yoga instructors!
Update: I bumped the rating up a bit because the smell did diminish to “good enough for the garage” level. It took 10 days in the sun to do so however. If you put it out in the sun be sure it’s on a level surface. I ended up with a small kink in one side that I can’t get rid of. That was my fault.
The only drawback is, yes, there is a rather potent chemically-rubber smell that takes a long time to dissipate after arrival. Took about a month for the smell to finally clear out of my craft room/lab with the door left open.
Top reviews from other countries
Thciker than some with good markings.