DALSTRONG Honing Steel - 10" Rod - Gladiator Series - Full Tang - Pakkawood Handle
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$20.32 (34%)|
|Color||Black pakkawood handle, triple riveted with engraving|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The Dalstrong Gladiator Series 10” honing steel is the professional solution to keeping your edge perfectly aligned and in peak form. Ensure your blades are always ready to operate at maximum performance with zero compromises.
- Carefully hand crafted using high-quality stain-resistant carbon steel, the rod is triple riveted for strength and beautifully finished with an ergonomic and solid-grip handle formed of contoured pakkwood imported from Spain.
- With 10” of length, the steel is ideal for most sized knives without getting cumbersome or poking too far out of your knife bag or wood block. Tiny grooves along the steel’s surface work to bring back and straighten the edge.
- An attractively formed bolster ensures your hand is protected, allowing you to use the full length of the steel. Ultra-durable and with a solid heft, this tool is built for a lifetime in professional kitchens.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why over 75,000 chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Dalstrong luxury packaging. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Battle Ready Cutlery.
Battle Ready Cutlery
The Dalstrong Gladiator Series 10” honing steel is the professional solution to keeping your edge perfectly aligned and in peak form. Ensure your blades are always ready to operate at maximum performance with zero compromises.
Carefully handcrafted using high-quality stain-resistant carbon steel, the rod is triple riveted for strength and beautifully finished with an ergonomic and solid-grip handle formed of contoured pakkwood imported from Spain. With 10” of length, the steel is ideal for most sized knives without getting cumbersome or poking too far out of your knife bag or wood block. Tiny grooves along the steel’s surface work to bring back and straighten the edge. An attractively formed bolster ensures your hand is protected, allowing you to use the full length of the steel. Ultra-durable and with a solid heft, this tool is built for a lifetime in professional kitchens.
- 10” Gladiator Series Honing Rod
- Neatly Packed with Dalstrong’s Renowned Packaging
- Dalstrong Support
The Art of Steel.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Precision forged, ultra sharp, wear resistant, single-piece, high carbon ThyssenKrupp German steel at 55 Rockwell
- Added chromium for stain resistance
- Precisely tempered for added durability
- Full tang for incredible robustness & quality
- Premium quality laminated pakkawood handles imported from Spain, for superior strength, refinement, and beauty. Sanitary build perfect for busy kitchens
- Triple riveted for even more durability
- Mirror polished, finger protective bolster provides for a perfectly engineered balance
- Ergonomic handle shape for maximum comfort, grip and maneuverability
- Stainless steel second bolster (end cap) adds counter balance and distinction
- Engraved Dalstrong center rivet
- Cleans easily for low maintenance
Knives To Build A Career On. A Community Of Chefs To Belong To.
Over Seventy-Five Thousand Chefs Have Switched to Dalstrong
From executive chefs to home chefs and everyone in between, Dalstrong Chefs are treated like family. Over seventy-five thousand chefs have switched to Dalstrong for our superior quality, unconditional support, and loyal community. It may be cliche, but we truly care about you and the blades and products we painstakingly design and develop. From the tinest packaging detail, to hundreds of hours of design and testing, each knife is a work of love, dedication and expert craftsmanship.
Dalstrong supports you, our chefs, everyday and in every way we can. Your Dalstrong knives work alongside you, day in and day out, making you more effective, creative, and precise in the kitchen; delivering plates you can feel proud to present. These are knives to build a career on, and tens of thousands of professional chefs have done just that.
From cooking competitions (Dalstrong supports chefs across the country building their reputation), to charitable events (we donate knives to those in need with culinary aspirations), Dalstrong loves the community, loves chefs, and the men and women who prepare food for us all each and everyday. From the heat of the professional kitchen to a simple meal for one, Dalstrong stands beside you every step of the way.
Dalstrong Is Out To Turn An Old Industry On Its Head
We love cooking. We love design and craftsmanship. Most of all though, we love bringing a feeling of pure satisfaction to chefs around the world who use our tools day in and day out.
Whether you’re a hobbyist or pro, our aim is to enhance the experience of your culinary creation.
Dalstrong is the new guy on the block. From a foundation of love and respect for an ancient craft, we layer on modern thinking and methods to create beautiful and innovative knives at far greater value than traditional brands. Don’t just take our word for it; look what others are saying, across the web, social media and in professional kitchens around the country. Our goal is to stir up a stodgy old industry with tools chefs love and trust, with innovative design and improvements. And as a company, we’re out to build life-long relationships with exceptional products and exceptional attention to your individual needs as a chef and customer. Come cook with us. Like you, we strive for greatness every day.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While I was initially not happy with the piece that I received, I have to give a lot of credit to the customer service department. They promptly responded to me and resolved the issue. I truly believe that this piece just slipped through quality control (which happens to every single business out there) and is not representative of all of their products. The steel itself works flawlessly and has brought a renewed razor sharp edge to every blade I’ve used it on. I’d definitely recommend Dalstrong.
I opened this piece after I opened the Shogun series knife that I also ordered from Dalstrong. I gave the knife a 5 star review. It was really a remarkable piece. However, this honing steel seems to have skipped the quality control step.
The steel is nice, but it feels unfinished. The metal tang hangs out over the wooden grip just enough to be sharp, rough, and uncomfortable. I don’t know if this one skipped a step in sanding or finishing, but it was a really big disappointment after seeing the quality of the knife I ordered from them. I don’t know if this is a lemon, or just the difference in product line. Either way, it doesn’t seem like quality control is up to par. I’m glad I got lucky with the knife, but I’ll probably send this piece back.
Edit: customer service was great to work with. They assured me that the knives were built from solid metal and not filled with pot metal like the honing steel. They have refunded the purchase price as well as sent me their sharpening stone set. It is very nice! I will continue to collect the knives.
For those curious, honing steel doesn't sharpen the blade or remove material, it straightens an already sharp edge back out for better performance and maintains the blade for a longer period between actual sharpening sessions with a whetstone.
I've been told it is NOT recommended for the shogun series by Dalstrong because of the steel hardness of that particular series.
If you know what this product is supposed to do, it will not let you down. But you NEED to buy a 1000/6000 grit whetstone and learn how to properly sharpen your blades.
Dalstrong cutlery appears well made, and with good sale prices, an excellent choice for a budding Chef if choosing the Gladiator series.
I am seeing this brand and series in several of my cooking how to videos on my Facebook pages.
The packaging is impressive, the knifeguards thoughtful given the investment, the quality appears to be right up there with my Wustoffs given the feel. Ordered a set of the three paring knives for several friends, and one for myself.
The chefs 10” does a great job of cutting.
I almost forgot to order the honing steel, but German steel is a bit softer than Japanese steel. Good news, German steel takes to sharpening at home much better.
It’s been a pleasure to deal with this company, good job Amazon with finding an excellent partner!
Bye the way...........the Gladiator sandwich knife! Ridiculously fun. I have never had one quite as unique.