|Item Weight||2.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 3 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||285250066|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Watercolor Set|
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Primary Watercolor Set, 3 Tubes, 15ml
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DANIEL SMITH is the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide, and makes the largest range of watercolors of any manufacturer, more than 240 colors. The 240+ color collection includes the exciting PrimaTek watercolors made from minerals (like Amethyst) plus other unique colors (like Moonglow) not available elsewhere, and Luminescent Watercolors which allow artists to capture the luminescent colors that exist in nature that regular watercolors cannot capture!
- An important set for students and new watercolorists, the Primary Watercolor Set lets you customize basic colors when you mix these 3 bright primary colors together to make secondary oranges, greens and purples. Set includes a 15ml tube of the following colors:
- Perylene Red: Excellent Lightfastness, Semi-transparent, Non-granulating, and Medium Staining.
- Hansa Yellow Medium: Excellent Lightfastness, Semi-transparent, Non-granulating, and Low staining.
- French Ultramarine: Excellent Lightfastness, Transparent, Granulating, and Medium staining.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Primary Watercolor Set, 3 Tubes, 15ml
DANIEL SMITH is the Innovative Manufacturer of Beautiful Watercolors for Artists Worldwide- and makes the largest range of watercolors of any manufacturer- more than 240 colors.
Brush on bright primary colors that multitask as foundations for other hues. An important set for students and new watercolorists, the Primary Color Set lets you customize basic colors. The set also collaborates with the Secondary Color Set to complete an entire colorwheel, multiplying possible shade combinations.
An important set for students and new watercolorists- the Primary Watercolor Set lets you customize basic colors when you mix these 3 bright primary colors together to make secondary oranges- greens and purples.
- Primary Watercolor Set - This watercolor set includes bright primary colors that are foundations for other hues. Ideal for students and new watercolorists, the Primary Watercolor.
Primary Watercolor Set
With Daniel Smith Watercolor Sets, pigments are key. Featuring 247 stunning colors—the widest color range of professional watercolors—this line offers unrivaled quality and versatility.
This color range offers 13 Quinacridone colors, 37 Primatek genuine (naturally occurring) pigments and an astonishing selection of 207 single pigment colors.
Of these 247 colors, 244 have a lightfast rating of LR I or LR II.
Experience the quality of color with Daniel Smith—manufactured in the Unites States in Seattle.
A medium staining and semi-transparent. It creates vivid, dark washes with a clean brilliant orange hue. This sedimentary pigment offers an additional health plus, as it is made from a metal-free red. Clean modern pigments such as this will put accidental mud-making in the past.
Hansa Yellow Medium
A high-tinting, semi-transparent organic pigment. Considered the ‘perfect yellow’, Hansa Yellow Medium offers more control when mixing. Painters admire the purity of this primary pigment and adjust its temperature while avoiding a gray from a hidden complement. Think of a yellow pepper.
This medium-to-dark warm reddish-blue is highly lightfast and of medium tinting strength. Its sedimentary quality increases its versatility. Mixed with various portions of other blues, French Ultramarine is a wonderful sky pigment. Modify it with Quinacridone Gold for delightful greens that remain color-coordinated. Mix French Ultramarine with Quinacridone Burnt Orange and be rewarded with an amazing range of blue to brown grays. Mixed with either Quinacridone Rose or Pink, a range of purples result. For another important mix, see Hooker’s and Sap Green.
DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors - classic watercolors of unsurpassed purity and permanence. The vision in the formulation of DANIEL SMITH watercolors was twofold;
● First and foremost, to produce watercolors that are the best in lightfastness and permanence.
● Second, to offer a selection of truly unique colors.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are formulated to meet and exceed the highest industry standards for the manufacture of artist’s paints, and every batch made is tested and analyzed for its performance qualities.
DANIEL SMITH is truly the worldwide leader of watercolors for artists with 240+ beautiful colors in the 15ml watercolors, the most of any manufacturer. Many are traditional colors relied upon by all artists, and there are many “truly unique” colors made only by DANIEL SMITH that have become so important to watercolor artists.
PrimaTek Watercolors are made from minerals, often semi precious minerals, that have been ground into pigments, mixed with gum arabic (the binder) and milled into PrimaTek Watercolors. The first was Lapis Lazuli Genuine in 1998, since then, many more have been added such as Amethyst Genuine, Piemontite Genuine and Serpentine Genuine. Most of these colors have wonderful granulating effects that some artists have called “magical”.
Luminescent Watercolors have special optical effects perfect for subjects that have a sparkle, sheen, or reflective glow like the iridescence of hummingbird feathers or the sheen of metals.
Cadmium Hues, DANIEL SMITH has developed safe and vibrant Cadmium Hues with the density and richness of cadmium colors without the cadmium pigment. Virtually identical in color to their namesakes, they are cleaner in mixtures and much stronger in tints. The working properties – staining power, semi-transparency and excellent lightfastness – are nearly identical to those of the low-soluble cadmium colors DANIEL SMITH previously manufactured.
Some unique colors are created exclusively by DANIEL SMITH like Cascade Green, Green Gold and Moonglow. DANIEL SMITH also finds unusual pigments to make colors like Mayan Red, Lunar Blue and Enviro-Friendly Red Iron Oxide to provide more choices for artists. Other colors are from pigments DANIEL SMITH has sourced, often from very specific locations, colors like Burgundy Yellow Ochre, Monte Amiata Natural Sienna and Roasted French Ochre.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are a favorite of artists all over the world, from professional artists to the beginning watercolorists because of the beautiful colors, consistent performance and lasting color or lightfastness.
DANIEL SMITH Watercolors are packed with high quality pigments using pure gum arabic as the binder – no fillers. For each color, DANIEL SMITH selects the perfect grind to yield particle sizes that maximize the qualities inherent in the pigment, balancing maximum pigment load with minimum vehicle content.
DANIEL SMITH offers many ways to experience their Watercolors as well as providing extra creative means for artists with their Watercolor Grounds, Masking Fluid and Walnut Ink.
● 15ml Watercolors, available in more than 240 colors, the most of any manufacturer.
● 5ml Watercolors, available in 88 of the most popular colors DANIEL SMITH makes.
● Watercolor Sticks, 51 popular DANIEL SMITH Watercolors shaped into stick form to draw and paint with, a new way to expressively use watercolors.
● Watercolor Dot Cards, a great way to try DANIEL SMITH Watercolors without buying whole tubes of paint. These are dots of pure DANIEL SMITH Watercolors that reactivate into paint with the touch of a wet brush, allowing artists to easily and cost effectively, try many colors. Two sizes: 238 Dot Card to try nearly the entire line of DANIEL SMITH Watercolors and the 66 Dot Card to try many DANIEL SMITH Watercolors.
● PrimaTek Watercolors, 37 PrimaTek Watercolors, made from minerals, many semi-precious, that are ground into pigments and made into unique watercolors.
● Luminescent Watercolors, 48 Luminescent Watercolors with optical effects.
● Watercolor Sets: Essentials Set, PrimaTek Set, Alvaro Castagnet’s Master Set, Primary and Secondary Sets.
● Watercolor Ground, Paint watercolors on any surface when prepared with DANIEL SMITH Watercolor Ground, available in 4 colors; Titanium White, Buff Titanium, Mars Black and Transparent.Watercolor Ground can help “rescue” a watercolor painting when applied over a mistake, giving an artist a second chance with a new surface to paint on.
When you choose DANIEL SMITH Watercolors and other DANIEL SMITH products, you are choosing the best materials to create with. DANIEL SMITH products are made in the USA, in Seattle, Washington for artists worldwide.
Showing 1-8 of 36 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Hansa Yellow Medium is Excellent Lightfast and a series 2 color
The Perylene Red is Excellent Lightfast and a series 3 color
The French Ultramarine Blue is Excellent Lightfast and a series 2 color
All 3 of these colors for a terrific price. So many colors can be mixed from these 3 tubes. The variations are almost endless! Not only is this a great deal on the paints, they came VERY VERY QUICKLY!! I totally recommend this item. A bargain is an understatement. Well-worth the cost!