Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
D'Addario EXP16 with NY Steel Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings, Coated, Light, 12-53
|Price:||$10.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- D'Addario's most popular acoustic guitar string gauge, known for its superb, long-lasting tone and comfortable playability
- EXP Coated phosphor bronze for warm, bright, well balanced acoustic tone and 4 times more life
- Includes D'Addario's exclusive NY Steel, the same high carbon steel found in the NYXL series for unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant packaging for strings that are always fresh
- String Gauges: Plain Steel .012, .016, Phosphor Bronze Wound .024, .032, .042, .053
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
EXP NY Steel String Strength
D'Addario EXP strings are created using advanced proprietary machinery. Starting with a micro-coated wrap wire that is precision drawn, EXP strings with NY Steel are then wound normally to maintain feel and tone. The only difference a player will notice is that the string lifespan is a minimum of 4 times longer.
EXP NY Steel Pitch Stability
D'Addario EXP strings with NY Steel deliver the natural, vibrant sound of regular phosphor bronze and 80/20 bronze acoustic strings with an unparalleled pitch stability. EXP strings not only last substantially longer, but they hold their tune better than any competitor strings.
Top Customer Reviews
Depending on the style of play, I prefer brighter or warmer strings, but I'd rank the EXP16s somewhere in the middle. It's a good balance for both strumming and fingerstyle. Even though they don't project as well as the Elixir 80/20s, they have a very agreeable tone without some of the harsh overtones. For live use with a pickup I'd be more inclined to use the Elixirs, but for unplugged or mic'ed use I like the tone of these.
1. They have a longer life than other coated strings I've tried.
2. They have better sustain throughout that lifetime.
3. The price is great compared to other coated strings.
4. The brass ends are painted different colors to differentiate them. I use these on my Ovation, which strings tail-forward through the bridge, so the colored ends are visible and it looks cool. Vanity, all is vanity.
Having tried a LOT of strings over the past 40 years of playing,these are my favorite by far.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
At first I did not like these strings. So much so that I returned a set to Amazon (no problems there). Read morePublished 26 days ago by LA Polo Player
This string set was on the latest guitar I bought and came that way from the factory. I have had excellent results with the tone and how they keep that tone over a longer period... Read morePublished 1 month ago by RT
A bit more character than Elixir strings. The feel is not has smooth as the Elixir counterpart but the sound and playability in terms of bending strings make up for it.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer