Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 11, 2016
 We bought this projector for digital decorating for Halloween for the first time. It was the 2nd mini projector we bought - the first wouldn't work for the project I was doing. I didn't quite know what to expect ordering another small projector. When I received this one I was pleased with the sturdier "feel" and quality of it. Right out of the box it felt like a much better projector. When I plugged in the flash drive with the digital images I wanted to run - it worked perfectly right off the bat. Another GREAT feature was that it has a headphone jack which allowed me to plug in external speakers. Even though the speakers on the projector are quite susfficient - this was outside and I needed the extra volume. I really like the small size - I had bought 2 other projectors because we were told to get 1800+ lumens but they're full size and very bulky. However, this small, easy-to-operate, 1500 lumen projector was more than bright enough for what I was doing. Instead of putting this away for a year to only use on Halloween (as I'll be doing with the other two bigger ones), I'm keeping this out to use for movie watching!! :D

I've included two very short video that shows the projection of the digital files onto uncarved pumpkins - as you can see - this projector did a wonderful job! Would recommend it highly.
2020 comments| 979 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 7, 2017
Bought this projector for an outdoor movie screening event in my backyard. I couldn't have been more pleased with the picture quality, brightness and the sound (although I did decide to hook up my in-home surround sound system/blu ray player to it, which was super easy). I've since connected my Ruko stick with the provided HDMI cable and streamed Netflix through the projector, attached my JBL bluetooth speaker with an AUX cable, and even used the HDMI to connect my MacBook so we could watch old home movies and flip through photos through the projector. One of the best purchases I've made in years. Love this DBPOWER mini projector.
review image
11 comment| 413 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 6, 2017
Its okay for an inexpensive LED projector. Don't expect a big bright, beautiful, clear image. If you are use to a powerful vivid HD quality projector you will be disappointed. I purchased it for a little travel around presentation projector. It gets the job done. The video review on it makes it seem a lot better than what you actually get. From that video I was a little disappointed.

------ end of original review -------

Added 2/9/2017:

One More Thing... they have excellent customer service. When they saw my original "Three Star" review they immediately reached out to me via e-mail and wanted to know if they could do anything for me to fix my issue, they even offered me a discount to the price I paid to make it up to me or return the unit for a full refund.

The following is my response to their e-mail, sent on 2/8/2017

------------

2/8/2017

"Thank you for your e-mail and your concern. I appreciate the gesture.

As for the unit, I can work with it, as I stated "it gets the job done". I use it for a basic video presentation.

I think my expectations were high as to the quality of the picture. The demo video that is linked to the Amazon page for your projector is what sold me on the product. The unit in the video looked like it gave off a clear vivid, crisp powerful picture in the video. According to my perception I was not able to get that same quality image that I saw in that video, hence my review. I tried to express my experience in my review that my expectations might have been too high, beyond the units performance level, which directly lead to my disappointment.

I appreciate your gesture of the XX% discount. I don't feel right about returning a product that I have opened and used. I made the purchase, I opened the product and I used it therefore I will keep it. Respectfully, your willingness to give me a XX% discount is a kind gesture. I don't think is necessary, I willingly and fairly paid for your product at the listed price, opened it and used it, that's business. There appears to be nothing operationally wrong with the product, its new, it works, nothing appears to be defective and nothing appears to be broken. I am just disappointed in the picture quality that's all, the video review said you can "expect to have a good picture" and that its "gonna look really, really good" so that's what I was expecting.

Thank you for your customer service and your managers gesture."

------------ End of e-mail response dated 2/8/2017 ------------

My experience with their customer service department was exceptional which in turn I came back and willingly change my review rating to a strong "Four Stars"
55 comments| 500 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 15, 2017
I want start by saying my living room is just over 12 feet wall to wall. We have the projector on a shelf, on the wall, throwing at just over 11 feet, wall to lens. The "screen" size is exactly 10 feet from upper left corner to lower right corner and is just over 8 feet wide.

I know you get what you pay for. I want to be clear I am not saying this projector is on part with a $400 Epson, but it gave me exactly what I wanted. We have always lived in smaller apartments, and it just seemed a projector was a better idea then a TV, even though TVs are getting thinner every day. I didn't want to spend a lot of money just yet, partly because we were still testing the waters on the idea of a projector instead of a tv and partly because we don't watch a lot of tv. Originally we had grabbed a cheap Black Friday special at Kohl's, paying around 40 bucks. That projector was ok at best, but the screen was not sharp or clear no matter how we adjusted it. You could not read the little discription box on Netflix. So as I shopped around I kept reading good reviews about the picture quality, but have to admit I have never heard of the brand and was a little skeptical, because none of the review said how far they were throwing the picture.

When we took it out of the box and threw up a quick test shot, my son and I both said "wow" at the same time. Shipping was quick and it was packed very well. I knew the dimensions but when we took it out of the box, I have to admit I thought this thing is so small, and is not going to work. The you get what you pay for ringing in my head. But right after we turned it on, my son and I were both impressed. The picture quality is very good, clear and sharp. However the room does need to be dark. The pictures below, the first ones are at 5 o'clock, with my see through curtains drawn. You can tell it is hard to see especially a night scene ( Beverly Hills Cop). However in a dark room the picture comes through very nice, even a dark/night scene (Money Train). Action scenes seem to be a bit blurry, but I am willing to bet it is a combination of 80/90s movies and sitting a little over 10 feet away from a 10 foot screen (like sitting in the front row at a movie theater) more then it is the little projector. However if you stare at some pictures (there was a commercial on Crackle) you can see jagged edges, not noticeable if you are just casually watching; honestly you will only notice if you are trying to find something. The Roku home screen is easy to read, so is the small description box on Netflix. (We did this through HDMI)

There is no left and right key correction, only up and down, however for us this isn't a problem for us as we are shooting straight on to the wall ahead. The controls are a little stiff. Seems like I am pushing a button a couple times every so often to get it to work, but this also could be user error too. There is a way to adjust the size of the picture too, with a couple zoom options. The fan noise is fine. If you think about it, you will hear it, if you are not thinking about it, it will drift into the background. However if the volume is high enough, you won't hear it at all. The very far edges do seem to be just slightly out of focus, the center is very sharp, but again you only really notice it if you are looking for it. The speaker is what I expected, tinny or hollow and very one dimensional. I have yet to add my own, but for our first night/movie it did just fine. The colors are dark and like some reviews I read, out of the box the picture is not very bright, however, besides a couple built in settings, there is a manual setting for picture and color, some small adjustments and you can get the brightness, warmth, color, tones, etc, to where you want them or comfortable with. The pictures of the movie Money Train, we adjusted the settings to where we were happy. The only real concern I have is the bulb can not be replaced. It says the current bulb will last 50,000 hours, which would mean you would watch movies for 24 hours a day for a little over 5 years. It also comes with a warranty. But when we talked about it, we thought if we get a full year out of the bulb we would be happy.

If you are looking for some super high-end projector I would not tell you to save your money and buy this, get your high end projector. However if you are looking for a projector for movies in the backyard, or like me for watching a movie or tv show here an there and don't want to spend a lot, I would definitely recommend the DBPOWER T20 to anyone.
11 comment| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 12, 2017
This started out as a great buy! My first review was a 5 star.

But, beware. On the 4th time using the projector (approximately 6 hours of use playing movies), there was suddenly white vertical lines all over the screen. I disconnected the video source (my laptop) and restarted the projector. The vertical lines remained.

My displeasure began when it had been 6 days since I contacted the service department at DBpower. It says they will get back to you in 24 hours. I waited patiently because I thought I had a good product.

Tonight I went through the amazon trouble shooting. They had me start it up, that is when the menu print went backwards and fuzzy, then the case got very warm (in under 60 seconds). Thank you Amazon for helping me return a faulty product that the manufacturer cannot be bothered with supporting.
review image
0Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 24, 2017
This is an excellent product. I got compliments on it whenever I have guests over. You can adjust the focus, as well as the angle of the lens and the projector itself to make sure you're getting the best picture possible. It's a great alternative to spending a bunch of money on a tv, and you get a much bigger picture! Super fun for video games. Only issue I've had so far is dust collecting behind the lens and showing up on the screen, but that's an easy fix. Definitely recommend buying blackout curtains if you are using it in a room with windows. Overall I would definitely recommend to my friends.
0Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 24, 2017
Just received this item and it is disappointing. The picture is not crisp at any distance and it has to be COMPLETELY dark for the image to be seen clearly. The focus is horrible -- it seems to be crystal clear in the middle but fuzzy around the edges and looks "pixelated". Not sure if we have a dud but this is getting returned today. Our old projector died but guess we'll have to revive it until we order a new one. Shipping was super quick though.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 15, 2017
I ordered two based on the reviews in comparison. This is a handy multimedia player projector. it reads MP4, MKV, RMVB and AVI. My only problem was avi clip. I get image, but no sound. Im not sure if is the audio encoding issue.
This 1500 Lumens is really not that bright. It is great for night time use because it will not bright the whole room as my other DLP projector (I find that over bright is bad).
When using during the day time, the colors would looks washed out. This is my first LCD with LED projector and I can see the LCD pixels during different movies. Both of my order are the same, so I dont think its defective.
I really like the speed when it loads the video (not sure about photos). The only drawback is the fan noise, its a high pitch noise, it only goes away when vol is up and speak is acceptable.
Im using it with Amazon fire TV stick, this projector became my streaming TV.
on December 14, 2017
So excited to have this, now we just have to wait for summer to really utilize it!! For now my husband has it set up in our basement connected to our fire stick or laptop to watch movies while he waits for laundry to come out :) I do suggest connecting to some external speakers to help with volume (if using in a larger space and with big groups). I have always wanted a projector but never saw the need since we don’t have a roomy media room but I can see us using this one in my brothers backyard with a sheet spread on the garage wall. It’s compact enough to put out of sight when not in use which I also love. Easy to use and set up, definitely recommend this for first time projector buyers like myself!
on December 14, 2017
Good product for the price! I received this package today and couldnt wait to get off work to try it out. I connected a small DVD player to this system via HDMI cord as well as, a small speaker to add more volume. I set this up in my kids play room to test it out and I was pleased, of course like many others, I had to turn the lights off. After turning the lights off I felt that the picture was clear enough to watch a movie, play a game etc.. on. No, this is not the projector to purchase if you want a top of the line projector for a large business, but for home use, this is perfect! But for the price for this projector I am overall pleased with this purchase!