Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
DC Comics: The New 52 Zero Omnibus (The New 52) Hardcover – December 18, 2012
Comic-Con Deal: Up to 50% off select Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Comic books
Featured titles are up to 50% off for a limited time. See all titles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Let's start with content: Now there are 55 titles in this omnibus and each are about 30-40 pages, and about 80 percent are pure winners, the other 20 percent, not so much. It depends on the fan really. If you've read the origins to these heroes countless times, and are looking for something new, you might find about 50 percent of these origins a waste of time, because for some issues, not a lot is new. But if you're a new reader, then you'll fall in love with this book. While some are rushed, it's impressive that most of these stories can stand alone with only 30-40 pages at its disposal.
Stand outs are: Justice League, Batman and Robin, Batgirl, Superman, Talon, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Swamp Thing (from my perspective)
In all content is a B+ to A depending on your fan type.
Now we have presentation: So if you got the other New 52 omnibus last year and your main problem was the binding was too tight, the issue still lies but not as much as last time. It's more comfortable to read this time, as you don't need to push down on a page to see that speech bubble that's hidden down near the middle. This time it's easier. There might be a few issues once and a while, but that thing isnt really an issue anymore. The only problem I have is when you close the omnibus it gets a bit unwieldy. Other than that this omnibus is an A!
The Verdict: IN the end I had a blast with this omnibus. It's got great content, and is easier and more comfortable to read. I definetly recommend for any new DC fans, and old fans should give it a whirl when it goes on sale. I think you'll be pleasently suprised!
I got this thinking that the book would have 1/4 good comics and the rest I wouldn't care about. I got this to get a feel for what The New 52 were about, and to see what DC was going to do with their characters. Lucky for me, I found this omnibus to have way more comics that I enjoyed and only a few I didn't care for.
Because of this book I've found comics I never thought I would get into, like Justice League Dark, Aquaman, and Flash. It also gave me a preview into some comics I now avoid like Earth 2, Animal Man, and Swampthing. Nothing against those last two, but they are way to dark for me.
This is well worth the money, and I have no complaints.
Terrific collectors item for any DC fan
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Even a man of my mental prowess needs to read some fun fiction every now and again.Published 19 months ago by Professor Xavier
Summary: comics are pretty good, and neat collection but very frustrated by lack of table of contents to go strait to specific character origin stories. Read morePublished on June 28, 2014 by nostaw
The book is far larger than I anticipated, I mean I read the size specifications but you get the package and it's like BOOM!! Read morePublished on February 9, 2014 by Harry Traber
I bought this for my boyfriend for his birthday. He could not stop smiling and said it was the perfect gift.Published on September 27, 2013 by Brittany