DCI Matte Black Powder Coated Metal Mathematics Blackboard Pop Quiz Clock, 11-1/2" Diameter
|Price:||$15.97 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$16.02 (50%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Each hour is marked by a simple math problem
- Matte black powder coated metal
- Requires 1 AA battery
- 11-1/2" Diameter
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
If you can read this clock, you are without a doubt a geek. Each hour is marked by a simple math problem. Solve it and solve the riddle of time. Matte black powder coated metal. Requires 1 AA battery (not included). 11-1/2" Diameter.
Compare to similar items
This item DCI Matte Black Powder Coated Metal Mathematics Blackboard Pop Quiz Clock, 11-1/2" Diameter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$2.99||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||HealthyLifeStyle!||Gifts and Gadgets Online||RoboLife US||Katomel_Store||CafePress||VinylShopUS|
|Material Type||Plastic||Wood||Plastic||Wood||100% plastic||Vinyl|
Top customer reviews
***Update*** 4/1/2013 SO i did a little tinkering because I was bored on saturday and had nothing better to do... Turns out this whole thing is an undersized gear problem for the second hand... The gear is just way to small for the size and weight distribution of the second hand... So a simple fix for this, if your clock does what mine did, is to simple trim down the second hand to a size of abotu 3 inches from the base point tot he tip. Seems to be working just fine now. Still only going to give it two stars, as I had to take it apart to make it work
The only things keeping it from 5 stars:
* Somewhat loud, though 95% of the time I don't hear it. It's no louder than any other analog clock, but the distraction is up to how much you can tune that ticking sound out.
* One time it stopped working apparently due to the seconds hand getting stuck behind the minutes hand. I re-bent the seconds hand to be straighter, and then it started up again. No issues since
* Technically the 9 hand is incorrect since pi-.14 is not exactly 3. Since I work at a computer company with all engineers, some people actually point this out and "care". For what it's worth, if you're making a nerd clock, you have to realize there are nerd sensibilities around it.
Update: After a year, it has stopped working. The seconds hand gets stuck and won't move when the clock is upright. Changing batteries had no effect. Disappointed it only lasted a year as other wall clocks I have are going strong after 8 years. Knocked off a star for it, and getting another math clock as a replacement.
It keeps great time and the pricing was reasonable.