Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.73 shipping
BLACK+DECKER Brew 'n Go Personal Coffeemaker with Travel Mug, Black/White, DCM18
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $7.75. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.00 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Personal Coffeemaker - The fast, no-hassle way to get your morning coffee! This single-serve coffeemaker brews directly into the included travel mug so you can get started with your day
- Permanent Grounds Filter - No need to buy wasteful paper filters, the mesh metal filter works with grounds or soft pods, and is easy to rinse clean
- Automatic Shutoff - The coffeemaker turns off immediately after brewing, giving you peace of mind as you head out the door
- Travel Mug Included - The 15-oz. travel mug is perfect for taking your daily cup of joe on the run, it fits snugly in most car cup holders
- Space-Saving Design - The compact design is perfect for small kitchens, apartments, and dorm rooms
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black/White||Black||Silver||Black/Silver||Black and Stainless Steel||Black|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 10.3 x 6.1 in||5.47 x 6.14 x 9.41 in||7.6 x 9.8 x 13.5 in||5 x 10.35 x 7.68 in||10.31 x 8.5 x 5.12 in||5.4 x 9 x 9.4 in|
|Item Weight||1.61 lbs||2.26 lbs||—||2.49 lbs||1.9 lbs||2 lbs|
|Material Type||Plastic||Plastic||Stainless Steel||Not Applicable||Plastic||Plastic|
An ideal coffeemaker for an active, on-the-go lifestyle! Your coffee brews directly into a 15-oz. thermal mug that fits most car cup holders. Convenient one-touch operation and useful features like a removable filter basket with included permanent filter will make your morning coffee ritual a breeze.
From the Manufacturer
Introducing a personal coffeemaker that brews fresh, hot coffee into a thermal 15-ounce travel mug in minutes. The insulated mug is tapered; has a contoured, easy-grip handle; fits most vehicle cup holders; and the brew-thru lid is easy to drink through. The travel mug also fits all Black & Decker-brand Brew 'N Go coffeemakers. A reusable, permanent filter is included--no need for paper disposables. Conveniently, this item also heats water for tea, hot chocolate, or instant foods like soup, noodles, or oatmeal. And for peace of mind, this coffeemaker features a power "on" light with automatic shut-off. Measures 10-1/4 by 6-3/4 by 7 inches; weighs less than 2-1/2 pounds.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Lower Cost per use - use your own bulk coffee
2. More customization - add enough coffee to your liking
3. Larger cup size - this thing will pump out about 16oz; the size depends on how much water you pour into the machine
4. Use of filter - I found cutting filters to size works out best for me. The re-useable filter allowed too much coffee to flow through and I had grounds at the bottom of my coffee cup. I use a fine Kirkland brand coffee.
5. Pretty fast, it starts to operate within a few seconds of hitting the start button
6. Reduces packaging waste
7. Pours into my own cup usually a large traveler or mug
8. Easy clean up, I simply throw away (dump out) the paper filter and rinse out the plastic retainer
9. Low cost of coffee maker - this thing costs about the same as the additional do-it-yourself filter adaptor for the Keurig
1. Water reservoir could be a little larger (but, it's already pretty large)
2. Space between maker could be larger to accommodate a taller travel mug - I pour my large coffee mug into a Nissan travel mug
3. Grounds sometime hit the water dispenser at the top of the maker making cleaning necessary (when using my own fine filter)
I feel that the coffee tastes better than the Keurig (plus I like my coffee strong - so I probably use a little more than the single serve size), I think this is because the coffee is allowed to float in the hot water paper filter absorbing more coffee flavor. I will post some pictures of the filter. This coffee maker offers a great cost benefit ratio - to all the cost conscience, this is a no brainer - unless the time and convenience factor start to weigh in a LITTLE more. I will adjust the review if reliability becomes an issue.
Also, after a month of use, I realized that I had purchased at least a pound of coffee LESS than when I was using my older "2-4" cup maker, as there were many days when I'd only drink 1 to 1 1/2 large mugs, with the rest going to waste. (Yes, I'd tried brewing less, but that would invariably be the morning when I wanted more coffee!) So, I saved about half the Brew 'n Go's price in a month, and will continue to do so! (If I DO want a second cup, it's ready in minutes.)
One more important point: even though the Brew 'n Go does have a permanent, paperless filter, I prefer to remove it and use the smaller unbleached paper filters -- easy to push in and press to sides of basket -- because I've read that filtering coffee through paper removes oily substances called diterpenes, which, when ingested, hamper cholesterol regulation in the body (please google it for more information). Also, I happen to distill my own drinking water at home, and using it to make coffee prevents the usual crusty mineral buildup you get in coffee makers (and the coffee tastes better, too).
So, all in all, an excellent and money-saving purchase!
I've also used it to make tea. The water is very hot - I keep burning my tongue.
The other problem I have is that it leaks after it is done brewing. When I remove the filter, there is still water/coffee in it and it makes a mess everywhere. Water seems to drip out of the unit all of the time.
The brewing cup is very short and I can't use any of my other travel mugs in the unit because they are all too tall. I would like it much more if I could use any of my many travel mugs - all of which I prefer to the one that came with the coffee maker. It would have been nice if it was built for a more standard size travel mug.
Overall, I would not purchase this again. I'm considering ordering something else...