|Item Weight||207 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||56 x 22.5 x 10.7 inches|
|Item model number||17-950L|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Two Year Warranty|
DELTA 17-950L 16.5-Inch TwinLaser Crosshair Drill Press
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Flexible lamp provides extra light to the work surface
- Adjustable-position, locking depth stop for accurate depth measurement and repetitive drilling
- Bright laser crosshairs clearly indicate the drill point
- 9v battery needed for crosshair lasers (battery not included)
- 14-inch by 18-inch woodworker-friendly table
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
- Smooth running with little vibration. It's not glass smooth, but it certainly is not rough. It runs just fine at 3000rpm
- Runout is very good, thanks to the larger 2" quill
- The table is finished nicely and is large. I installed a 68 pound Palmgren 6" cross sliding vise (take my advice and get a 4" for this size drill press) and the table assembly holds it fine. It makes it a bit more difficult to raise the table, but it's much better than I thought it would be.
- Assembly was easy and all of the parts were there.
- Laser assembly is very easy to adjust and aim.
- Allen wrenches and chuck removal tool are all included. All you need is a metric socket set or wrenches to assemble.
- Power seems to be good and I did not bog the unit down doing some wood and metal boring.
- Quill lock in the down position for using sanding drums, etc.
- Depth stop adjustment is on the spoked handle and doesn't exactly come across as high quality
- A little bit of vibration, but nothing out of the ordinary really.
- 3-7/8" quill stroke is a little on the shallow side, but still better than a lot of the drill presses out there.
Overall this is a nice drill press. I still have a 20-959LX on order which is Delta's new and yet to be released 20" variable speed drill press with digital readouts.Read more ›
The shipping package was beat to heck (torn and buckled). Some minor damage to take up with the shipper, but everything works fine. I had to replace a few small parts due to damage (shipper paid for them), and found that the Delta Supply on the web has all the parts and quick service.
I got mine from Amazon, but check local Lowes prices for latest deals.
The "woodworkers" table works well. The T-slots are handy for fixturing or mounting guides. The quill stop is the dial on the right side, and works fine. The whole unit runs smooth. If only they would have incorporated the light wiring into the unit instead of adding another cord to plug in.
The laser works good and is handy for instant centering. Make sure your adjust it per the directions.
Tilting the table is awkward, but I never had to tilt one before. I always had a vise to adjust.
I began using a digital angle reader (like Wixie) to set the table. It makes angles easy to set. Also, if you use a drum sander in this drill press, the removable table insert allows you (when it is removed) to adjust the height of the sanding drum to utilize different areas (like an oscillating sander would do, but without the automatic movement). Just sand a while at the bottom of the drum, then raise the table and sand at the top of the drum. Handy feature.
Some of the highlights for me are:
-It adjusts easily and is solid
-The work surface is huge and has lots of options for clamping material to it.
-The laser guides were easy to adjust and really work well
-The included light is a real plus
I bought the Delta 17-924 Mortising Attachment kit, even though it doesn't list this drill as being compatible, but I was told by someone that it would work with it. Well it does and doesn't work with it... The chisel holding attachment actually fits very well, not needing any of the spacers provided. However, the fence will not attach to the work surface as supplied, unless you are drilling into a 6 inch wide piece of stock. It is designed for different work surfaces that have slots in them that come closer to the center of the surface, while this drill has the large wooden insert. So, what I did was to attach the fence to another work surface and used the attaching hardware supplied to slide this new surface in and out using the T tracks. After doing this I have been able to make the mortises just great, which I think would be difficult with a smaller drill press due to the force required.
I am definitely glad that I bought this one and I would highly recommend it to others...
Note: I will be getting an end-mill this spring. I may try to do some mod to it to add a tightening function for the quill.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I own this product and had the same problem; furthermore, several parts are either crumbling or falling apart. Read morePublished 15 months ago by J. montero
Good price. However, The motor failed in little over a year with moderate use. Delta doesn't carry the replacement which I found strange, but it is a standard motor mount so I... Read morePublished 19 months ago by T. ARHEIT
What's not to like about this drill press? It's designed and built for woodworking with key features like a large table that tilts in two directions. Read morePublished on December 8, 2013 by Lari
I'll keep this brief. This drill press is a reasonably solidly built drill press. The laser guides could be made to adjust far more easily and precisely than they do. Read morePublished on December 11, 2012 by Richard L. Mitchell
Just got my new drill press from Amazon, great deal hard to beat the price free shipping awesome deal, Its a good thing I know what im doing, i can put this tool together no... Read morePublished on March 15, 2011 by Harrison
Fortunately, I received this as a Christmas gift but was extremely disappointed at the Delta 'quality'. Read morePublished on December 29, 2010 by Michael C
This drill press fits my every need. I like the drill press wide base and table but I do not see the value in the TwinLaser Crosshare. Read morePublished on December 27, 2010 by Rich
For it's price, this is a good heavy duty drill press with features only found on much more expensive equipment. Read morePublished on October 12, 2010 by DOUBLE EAGLE