Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2007
I installed this extension wing on the right side of my Delta Unisaw and it fit perfectly.

DESCRIPTION:
One of the short edges of this extension has a countersunk hole for the pan-head screw that holds the ON-OFF switch bracket (This edge faces forward if you mount the extension on the left). The other edge has a hole for attaching the fence rail (this edge faces forward if you attach the extension on the right.

The long edge that mates with the saw has three holes (three bolts + washers are included).

The long edge facing away from the saw has three threaded holes that have plastic cosmetic plugs in them. You remove these plugs to attach an extension table.

INSTALLATION:
I cleaned all the mating surfaces with paint thinner to remove dirt and wax build up.

The extension bolted right up to my Delta Unisaw with no problem. Once installed, I checked it for flatness using my best four-foot level and a set of automotive feeler gauges.

First I checked the joint between the saw and the extension. It was perfect at the front, perfect at the middle, but the extension was about 6 thousandths high at the rear. So I loosened the rear bolt and pressed down on the extension with the palm of my hand as I re-tightened the bolt. Cast iron is somewhat flexible and now it mates up with my saw perfectly.

Finally, I checked the entire surface for flatness and found that the corner of the extension furthest from the operator was 5 thousandths lower than the rest of the top. I consider this within tolerance for woodworking.
If the error had been worse, I could have loosened the bolts and added shims between the saw and the extension, to raise the outer edge up.

Overall, I'm quite happy with this product. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because it doesn't come with instructions.
on January 17, 2007
It took me 15 minutes to install and properly align the extension table. I used shims cut from a soda can and easily brought the overall table top to a degree of flatness that exceeds any piece of wood I will run over it. One can't expect perfection from pieces of cast iron manufactured in different facilities often years apart. I was very please with the quality. Anyone who has a few mechanical skills and a good straight edge can get acceptable results.
on April 28, 2008
I purchased a used Delta contractor saw recently. It is the platinum edition with the 30" unifence, and it was a great deal for a good intermediate saw, but even when new, it only came with the left cast iron wing. on the right is just a melamine table, and I wanted something more substantial being that most of the stock being cut would be on that side.
This is a great addition to my saw. It is a MUCH heavier casting than the left wing (deeper casting ridges, thicker casting, higher quality looking machining), and is even heavier duty than the main part of the table. It was easier to align with the table than the left side, and unlike the left wing, it allows for attaching an additional item further outside the saw: my melamine table, your old stamped steel wings, etc.
It was not perfectly flat or square, but I've never gotten anything cast that was square or flat (except from Starrett, and Lie Nielson). Two out of three bolt positions needed one beer can shim on the bottom, and the top is flatter than the whole rest of the saw (I don't yet have a dial indicator, so I can't say how far off it is). In summation, it's great, it made my saw better, and it was a decent price with free shipping on a 45lb item- it's all that I wanted, so I guess the one I got was better than the others negative reviews suggested.
on March 1, 2009
First, this is a factory correct part. It is the only cast iron wing Delta ships now and yes it is a left wing. The right wing is discontinued by Delta. However it has a universal bolt pattern now so you just flip it around and it bolts right up. Was it flat to the .001, of the table top? No. Maybe all that cast iron bolted off the side of the saw has something to do with the sag. I got lucky, I took a sheet of paper, the same one I used to shim and flatten the other wing and extensions and trued it right up.
What is wrong with you guys slamming this factory part as cheap and poor quality. It's exactly the same part that came on my Unisaw I purchased last month. I think the only thing that keeps this extension wing from being perfect is some reviewers may have Incra fever.
I would buy it again but I'm strange like that, I know what shim stock is and how to use it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2008
I added the 10" square-cornered cast iron extension wing to the left side my 30-year old Rockwell (now delta) Unisaw to then attach a new Bench Dog ProMax cast iron router table outboard of the new wing. These are supported by my old Biesmeyer fence rails (8 feet long with a 12" left extension). The entire combination works quite well. The new Delta part fit perfectly on the old saw thanks to Eli Whitney and Delta's quality control. The original 8" round cornered wing is now on the shaper.

Support for all of this cast iron is very necessary, so the old Biesmeyer works well. Without the Biesmeyer you would need to provide other support.

My first order from Amazon and all went as promised including the free shipping and the delivery date. Thanks Amazon.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2008
I bought this for my Delta 36-675 10" Contractor Saw that I bought through Amazon two years ago. I wasn't satisfied with the steel wings that came with the saw. The dimensions that Amazon has listed for this item are wrong. The actual dimensions are 27" x 10". I called Delta to make sure that this part number would work with my saw before I ordered it.
It bolted on very quickly and was very flat. I was concerned about that after reading one of the other reviews, but I'm very satisfied with mine. I'm considering another one for the right side of the table
on November 16, 2008
This extension only took a few short minutes to bolt on, and one thickness of heavy paper was all it took to shim it to perfect flatness.