|Item Weight||4.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8.4 x 17.7 x 6.4 inches|
|Item model number||DC515B|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||90 Day Money Back Guarantee|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT Bare-Tool DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum (Tool Only, No Battery)
|Price:||$74.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual clean-up modes allow for debris clean up with either the front utility nozzle or extendable rubber hose
- 1/2 gallon tank with heavy-duty latch is easy to empty and clean
- Gore HEPA wet/dry filter traps 99.97% of dust at 0.3 microns
- Washable filter- tap or water rinse to clean
- Heavy-duty rubber hose provides durability and flexibility; Large on/off switch that is easy to access with one hand
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: DEWALT Bare-Tool DC515B 18-Volt Cordless 1/2 Gallon Wet/Dry Portable Vacuum (Tool Only, No Battery)
|Price||$74.99||$105.99||See price in cart||$34.87|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Find it at the Bay||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Special Features||Information not provided||Information not provided||Cordless||Information not provided|
|Warranty Description||90 Day Money Back Guarantee||3yr Limited Warranty||3 year limited manufacturers warranty||24 months limited parts / No labor|
|Dimensions||6.38 inches x 8.44 inches x 17.69 inches||13.13 inches x 17.25 inches x 12.31 inches||13.12 inches x 17.25 inches x 12.31 inches||14.4 inches x 10.6 inches x 14.2 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
The DEWALT DC515B 18-volt cordless 1/2-gallon wet/dry portable vac makes your shop or jobsite cleanups quick and easy. Powered by DEWALT exclusive extended run time batteries, this wet/dry vac features a durable tank that's suitable for both wet and dry messes. For added convenience the wet/dry vac features a flexible hose, a front utility nozzle, and a washable Gore filter. It's powered by DEWALT's 18-volt cordless batteries (not included).
Dual Clean-Up Modes and Flexible 2-1/2-Foot Hose
Built to make clean up quick and easy, the DEWALT 18-Volt Wet/Dry Vac goes wherever your work takes you with its cordless design and 1/2-gallon tank. Contributing to its portability, the entire wet/dry vacuum weighs just 6 pounds. A heavy-duty latch secures the tank when the vacuum is in use, and is easy to release when it's time to empty and clean out the tank.The DC515B also features a large on/off switch that is easy to access with one hand, and dual clean-up modes that allow you to choose between removing debris with the vacuum's front utility nozzle or an extendable rubber hose. The hose option utilizes a heavy-duty rubber hose that is both durable and flexible. And at 2-1/2 feet long and 1-1/4 inches in diameter, it provides the size and reach you need to get under work tables or in other tight spaces.
Washable 0.3-Micron Filter
At the heart of the DC515B's performance is a Gore HEPA wet/dry filter that's rated at 0.3 microns and traps 99.97 percent of dust particles. This capture rate helps to keep work sites looking their best and helps to keep the air you breathe cleaner and safer.
This washable filter is incredibly easy to clean. You can either tap the filter clean or rinse it clean with water--no big mess or complicated cleanup.
This DEWALT cordless tool does not come with a battery or charger. It's compatible with the DC9096 18-volt XRP battery pack and DW9117 15-minute charger.
This DEWALT tool is backed by three-year limited warranty covering any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship (from the date of purchase). It's also covered by DEWALT's one-year free service contract, where DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use--for free.
What's in the Box
One DEWALT DC515B 18-volt cordless 1/2-gallon wet/dry portable vac and operating instructions (batteries and charger sold separately).
Debris clean up with either the front utility nozzle or extendable rubber hose (view larger).
Top Customer Reviews
1) Yes, it is a bit on the loud side. The motor has virtually no sound insulation with the obvious reason of keeping the weight and size minimal. This really is not a big deal as you are probably only using it for a couple minutes at a time. I'm actually a bit shocked that so many people seem to have such a problem with the noise. From the reviews you'd think that they are holding a jet engine in their hand. If you have any experience with power tools or shop vacs, the noise is a non-issue, just don't use it next to someone napping on the couch!!
2) The suction power for its size and weight is exceptionally good. It is SO much better than a traditional hand vacuum that it's really not comparable. My Hoover wet-dry hand vac was instantly rendered pointless and offered to my neighbor as a gift.
3) No, the capacity is not terribly large, but it is not designed for picking up a great deal of material. If you're concerned about this, know that opening the container and emptying it is extremely simple and quick. If it's still not big enough, you obviously need a shop vac, not this.
4) Yes, if you are vacuuming up fine particles such as drywall dust or fine sawdust, the filter clogs fairly quickly and you will start to lose suction. The filter is probably actually a bit TOO good for very fine particles. Nothing gets through it. Both a positive and negative really. My recommendation is to simply remove the cylinder type filter after EVERY use with fine material and clean it by smacking it a few times on your palm over a garbage can, preferably outside.Read more ›
DeWalt makes it very easy to get up and running with this hand vac almost immediately after you open the box. It's pretty easy: I opened up the shipping box, spent a minute unpacking the vacuum, popped in a charged up 18v battery, and I was ready to go. Just note this package does not include the battery - you should have one or purchase one with the charging unit.
The noise level is acceptable, too, and is not annoying at all to me. I especially like the hose attachment that allows you to get in the hard-to-reach places.
One thing I don't like is the filter cartridge in the unit, but then again I hate the filter cartridge in my shop vac - vacuuming up lots of sawdust just covers the filtration cartridge with crud. To help combat that for this unit as well as your shop vac, I recommend getting a length of the foot section of an old pair of your wife's panty hose and place it over the filter held together with a rubber band. You will still have to clean it just as frequently, but it is a lot easier and less expensive to take off the old hose and shake it out vs. buying a lot of the filter cartridges over time.
This is not a toy like every useless rechargeable dustbuster. It's a real shopvac, just smaller. It has enough suction to replace a low-end shop vac, but be warned, it is about as loud as a full size vac too.
The bare tool is a great way to get the vac at a reasonable price if you already have an 18v drill or whatever. You'll toss out the crappy little dust buster and never look back. Just be careful cleaning up really fine dusty messes, it is difficult to clean stuff like drywall dust out of the filter.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My wife loves it so far. Personally, I'm not super impressed with is suction power, but my wife is happy so...Published 7 days ago by John M. George
I do a lot of work in a lot of small bathrooms and this little shop vac has been a godsend! Compact and powerful. Works great for vacuuming broken tile debris and drywall dust. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Miluzzu
Needed a vacuum to use while working on cars and aircraft. Having two DeWalt 18 volt kits, I decided on this. Suction is moderate and does well for such a small unit. Read morePublished 2 months ago by SkiBob
This tool is very convenient and outstanding as a quick cordless vacuum. The suction is great for sawdust, metal shavings, drywall dust, and even cat puke. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Robert Boerjan