Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 76 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on February 8, 2011
I got this heat gun to replace a still functional 30 year old Sears heat gun that the cord was too short on plus the cord was getting really stiff so I got this slick heat gun.

I am really impressed with the digital display and the ease that setting and seeing the temperature. It has two speeds and heat setting could not be easier an up and a down button just below the LCD display that you set to the desired temp and then it shows the actual temp so you can wait until you are up to the desired temperature, no guess work. With the gun set at 150F and on low speed you can get something just toasty warm, not flaming it like a blowtorch, really a nice tool.

There is a fold out stand on the handle that allows you to set the gun down like a steam iron while still running to free your hands for a moment and still have the gun up to heat and ready to go.

Bottom line: I am totally satisfied with this heat gun, how I worked with that old all on all the time old gun is beyond me. Hard to justify the expanse of replacing a tool that still works but this time I only can kick myself for not getting this sooner. There is a cheaper model without the digital display feature, just pay the man, and get the good one with the LCD you will not be sorry.
on February 22, 2014
I have used this heat gun for multiple projects. I found out that the wide range of heat settings really helps with certain projects. For example I was heating up the ends of a thick rubber garden hose to put in a coupling where it had been cut. If you got the ends too hot, they would catch on fire, too cool and they wouldn't stretch enough. I was able to set this gun to where it provided just the right level of heat. I leave it out all the time as I use it more than I ever thought I would. The fold out arms that allow it to stand on its own while in use work well. This is a top of the line product.

I use Amazon for most of my purchases and update my reviews if anything changes with the products. I do this so other Amazon users can get a real feel for the life of the product. You can look at my review which will be close to my purchase date and tell how the product is doing as time passes. I am not associated with any company and all opinions are my very own.
on September 24, 2011
So my old heat gun finally bit the dust after 10 good years. Heat guns are so expensive these days... so I did some research since I always wanted to upgrade to a digital temp controlled heat gun.

Well... these designer / upholstery style heat guns out there are well over $250 and you can pretty much find them online unless your local specialty paint supplier happens to have one in stock.

I took a chance buying this Dewalt Heat Gun... and I do everything from construction & electrical work to electronics repairs. Well, I mainly use it in the automotive repairs and electronics repairs. I usually have to heat adhesive pads to remove components glued to boards or panels for repairs and such...

For a little under $80 - this heat gun almost compares to the $250 heat guns. For the average person wanting true digital temp control - this is the tool to buy !!!! Its the best you will find.

I've used the $250 heat guns and the only advantage to spending the big dollars is that they blow more heat further away when you do heat activated upholstery work.... that's pretty much it....

Plus this dewalt has a HIGH / Low fan switch and it heats up in about 10-15 seconds to your desired temp. It blows every heat gun out of the water or sun i should say !!!! when working with heat shrinks on inch plus wide cables and even the thinner ones.
on May 11, 2016
The design of this heat gun is really great. The digital readout gives you fine control over the heat output, for anything from drying off a damp newspaper to melting solder. I like the built-in legs that let you safely set down the gun while it's still running or hot. The gun comes up to temp in 30-45 seconds, and can change temp in about 15.

It's helpful to realize that the temperature setting is stored separately for the low and high fan speeds. I used to think I could let the tool come up to temp at low speed, and then turn the fan speed up when the tool was hot — but that doesn't work so well because the temperature changes when you switch fan speeds. Not a big deal, but it's helpful to know. The max temp on low is 750°F, while the max temp on high is 1100°F.

My only reason for dropping one star is that the tool stopped working after 4 years of light use. The LCD screen is blank and the gun won't heat up, even though the fan runs. It was a great tool while it lasted, but since the warranty is 3 years I now have to buy another one. The Factory Service Center in Westwood, MA says it's "too intricate" to repair.

Even so, I might take a gamble on another one because I liked it so much while it worked.
on April 21, 2014
At first I thought the LCD might be a gimmick, but being able to know the specific temperature has been very helpful. While using it for melting embossing powder, a setting of about 700 degrees matches the output of the guns specifically made for embossing powder. The temp for Heat shrink tubing will vary depending on the thickness. Just use a piece of scrap as a test piece and make a note of the optimal temp.

The legs that swing out to form a tripod stand is effective. This works well for hands-free heading of heat shrink, or to let the gun cool after use. The temp readout is still visible when in tripod mode.

Comes with two tips, a concentrator, and a fan-out. The fan-out works for heat shrink, but I wish they had one with a half-pipe to hit the backside of the heat shrink so I didn't have to rotate the tubing. I'm going to get an extra fan-out to create a half-pipe tip.
on September 27, 2011
Works perfect. Very durable and solid feeling gun. I really like the variable heat settings.
I've burned out a few of the cheap guns and this one is so nice, I kick myself for wasting my money on anything else.
Expensive, but will pay for itself in the long run. Wish they had the delux version available when I bought mine. Pay only $10 extra and get all the attachments plus case!
on May 30, 2015
I know it's just a heat gun. A pricey heat gun at that, but it's the best one I've ever used and it gets used many times a day. The digital temp gauge makes sure it's right where you need it for any type of application.
Yeah, I'm a girl and I love my power tools.
The only thing I would change on this design is the kickstand. It would be much better if it were bigger and on the front guard part of the handle to make it easy to set down safely on any flat surface, but even then I give it 5 stars because I like it so much.
on January 4, 2017
I am already partial to Dewalt products. I thought about going with a cheaper product as Dewalt are generally more expensive than other brands. Overall, I am very satisfied. There are two fan speeds, with independent heat settings. It has pop-outs near the base of the handle to let it securely stand on a workbench or table for hands-free use. Quality is second to none. This is probably the best choice if you are planning to use it frequently and are looking for a long-lasting tool.
on January 14, 2014
What a wonderful heat gun this is. I had a no frills Wagner and it only had 3 settings, high and low. I never knew the temperature so often my shrink wrap didn't shrink up enough or if too hot burn right through it. It also comes with 2 nozzle attachments to assist in your heating needs.

This gun allows me to control the temperature up to 1100 degrees. It also lets me know when the gun reaches the correct temperature. It looks quire large, but is really rather light weight.

I really enjoy using the heat gun and it keeps things simple and professional.

Cheers an Vidimo Se!
on February 5, 2014
Great heat gun. I got it for its precision and needed it for a few projects around the house. I use it all the time now, from building kydex holders, to stripping paint, to my girlfriend using it for crafts. Its that easy to use and control. I'm not an expert on these things, so if you're a pro looking for a professional tool, this is not the review for you. But as a homeowner and general DIY guy, this thing has been great. I love the ability to see and control the temp on the LCD, and I love the feet that help stand it up when not in use. And boy does it get hot.

If you need a heat gun for around the house, I'd suggest spending the extra on this over a cheap harbor freight gun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.