4 Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one for portable products only.
- Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
DEWALT Air Compressor, Twin Stack, 4 Gallon, 125 PSI Max (D55153)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
Specifications for this item
|Ean||0028877355146 , 0885911241748 , 0022228497646 , 0787721800583|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00028877355146|
|Item Weight||66.0 pounds|
|Number of Items||1|
|Power Source Type||gas-powered|
|UPC||885911241748 , 022228497646 , 028877355146 , 787721800583|
|Warranty Description||One year warranty, one year service agreement and 30 day no-risk trial|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
The DEWALT D55153 Hot Dog Compressor has all the power of a large compressor, but constructed as a smaller, lighter unit. It delivers 3.8 cubic feet per minute at 100 psi and is durably built with oil-lubricated cast-iron cylinder. Included with the Hot Dog Compressor is the regulator and an initial fill of DEWALT synthetic air compressor oil.
From the Manufacturer
The D55153 1.1-horsepower electric compressor packs all the air you'll need plus high-quality features into a small, lightweight unit. Delivering 4.5 cubic feet per minute at 100 psi, this stacked tank unit with U.S. fittings and an overload-protected motor is designed to exceed any contractor's expectations. The D55153 is oil-lubricated with a cast-iron cylinder to ensure that it is built for long life. Regulator is included. The compressor includes the initial fill of DeWalt synthetic air compressor oil.
- 4.5 cubic feet per minute delivered at 100 psi, enables speedy recovery
- Oil-lubricated pump improves durability
- Dual soft-start valves assist in cold weather startup
- 4-gallon twin-stack tank design offers proven acceptance in the market
- Cast-iron cylinder enhances pump life
- Drive: direct drive
- Horsepower: 2-3/4 max hp
- Tank size: 4 gallons
- Power supply: 120-volt AC, 15 amps, 60 Hz, 2-pole induction motor
- Cubic feet per minute at 100 psi: 4.5 cfm
- Pump speed: 3,400 rpm
- Tool length: 18 inches
- Tool width: 18.5 inches
- Tool height: 16.75 inches
- Tool weight: 56.5 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 60 lbs.
- DeWalt synthetic compressor oil
- Pressure regulator
This DeWalt high-performance industrial tool comes with a warranty package that includes:
30-day, no-risk satisfaction guarantee
One-year free service contract
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Although I don't use it on a daily basis, I'm pleasantly surprised it still works great and looks like new.
I use mine for:
- small roof jobs like a barn or porch, running a Paslode shingle staple gun (will run 2 guns easily)
- wood repair jobs like replacing 30ft long eave (soffit, fascia, molding) running a Porter-Cable palm nailer
- jobs around the house like keeping tires inflated, blowing dust out of computer, fans, even the garage floor
And I'm really bad at:
- draining the water
- changing the oil (original oil is still inside!)
Naturally, with this Dewalt still working great after 8 years, I certainly have no complaints.
Some people complain about: "not easy to start" OR "keep having to hit the reset button"
I've had the same things happen, not very frequent, but it's always unexpected.
I'll hit the reset button and often it'll restart but usually die soon afterwards. (during "refill the tanks" stage)
THE PROBLEM IS ALWAYS: related to the electrical outlet that I plugged the compressor into. For me, its usually at a customer's house where I'm doing a roof or wood repair job. In most cases, it rarely trips a circuit breaker in the customer's house.
THE SIMPLE FIX: plug it into a different electrical outlet. (and you might need to hit the reset button one last time)
I would easily recommend this compressor to any contractor or homeowner.
Compressor is great with my nailer. I don't have a single issue with it. Probably the only thing I would say is that it's quite heavy. Now, I know I'm no athlete but I found carrying this thing around to be a bit of a strain. The handle is positioned in the center of the unit (obviously for equal weight distribution) but becomes a problem when you can't really hold it out since it weighs 50 lbs. For those that may have problem lifting, I would recommend a similar model that has wheels (saw one at Sears the other day). Otherwise, I would recommend this compressor.
Cons: Fairly heavy for it's apparent size, and it doesn't come with any accessories, or even an air coupler past the regulator.
Bottom line: It works reliably, for a decent price. It drives a small air hammer intermittently or a nail gun constantly. A good choice.