|Item Weight||3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||14.8 x 13.5 x 4.7 inches|
|Item model number||DC970K2|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
|Battery Cell Type||NiCAD|
|Warranty Description||90 Day Money Back Guarantee|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $8.52 shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$90.00 (48%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Constructed to minimize user fatigue. Dual speed range, 0-450/0-1,500 rpm, delivers optimal performance
- Includes two batteries, one hour charger, double ended screwdriver bit and kit box. Contractor bag
- Compact size fits into the tightest conditions.1/2-inch single sleeve key-less ratcheting chuck for tighter bit grip
- Lightweight design (5.2 pounds) minimizes user fatigue
- High performance motor delivers maximum power of 380 unit watts out. Battery Amp hours - 1.2.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit
Makita XPH012 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill Kit with One Battery B00N9ULIAE
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Voltage||18 Volts||20 Volts||20 Volts||18 Volts|
|Battery Cell Composition||NiCAD||lithium ion||lithium ion||lithium ion|
|Item Weight||3 pounds||3.64 pounds||3.85 pounds||9.7 pounds|
|Dimensions||4.7 inches x 14.75 inches x 13.5 inches||4.25 inches x 13.88 inches x 9.88 inches||8.5 inches x 10.63 inches x 3.69 inches||10 inches x 17 inches x 5 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
DEWALT’s DC970K-2 18-volt drill-driver kit packs a big punch in a small package, with a powerful high-performance motor tucked away inside a compact design that improves user comfort, especially when working in tight spaces over long run times. Ideal for drilling and fastening with a variety of materials such as wood, metal, and plastic for applications like framing, cabinet installation, and HVAC work, the DC970K-2 kit is a great foundation for any professional contractor or DIYer’s power-tool collection.
Cordless and Compact
DEWALT’s DC970K-2 cordless 18-volt drill-driver kit maximizes performance while minimizing user fatigue. Its high-output motor (380 unit watts out) and dual-speed capability (0-450/0-1,500 RPM) maximizes efficiency for drilling and fastening applications, while its 9-inch length and 5.2-pound weight make it ideal for working in tight spaces and at awkward angles. The plastic 1/2-inch single-sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck provides a tighter bit grip for better bit retention and increased precision and accuracy. Two 18-volt NiCAD batteries are included with the kit, as well as a one-hour charger and a contractor bag for easy transport from one rugged job site to the next.
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America.
What's in the Box
One DEWALT DC970K-2 18-volt drill/driver kit, including one 1/2-inch compact drill-driver, two 18-volt NiCAD batteries, one one-hour charger, and one contractor bag.
- Lightweight yet powerful cordless drill-driver is compact to fit into tight spaces
- Ideal for drilling and fastening applications in a variety of materials
- Motor delivers 380 unit watts out and 0-450/0-1,500 RPM
- 1/2-inch single-sleeve keyless ratcheting chuck for tighter bit grip
- Backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee, a one-year free service contract, and a three-year limited warranty
Top Customer Reviews
The two batteries that come with this kit are great. I've been able to go a full day without swapping. The only time I need to swap more often is if I'm using a 1" wood drill bit going through very dry fir beams/joists. I've been able to use an 18" long 1" wood drill bit without so much as a slowdown. Very impressive for a drill this size. It's my general use drill that I use for pretty much anything.
It has treated me well for household jobs and carpentry jobs around the house, but it has its limits. Example: I wanted to get rid of a stump in the yard and the directions for the "stump out" required drilling 10" deep by 1/2" wide holes. The drill could not handle it. The motor started smoking. To be fair I knew this was asking a lot.
The reason I still give it 5 starts is that it finished the job with a lot of coaxing and still works despite melting something internally. Solid drill but if you want to do some heavy drilling then upgrade to the XRP model.
This drill does not have a LED work light which is standard on all drills made in the past few years. Weight is about average at 5.2 Lbs. with battery. All-in-all for 89 bucks this is still a good deal especially for the home owner market. If you think about it, the batteries alone are worth $89...so in a sense, you're getting the drill, charger and case for free.
1. CHEAPLY MADE: This drill/driver's molded-plastic body feels much less durable than the DeWalt tools I've had for several years. The same goes for the charger, which I'm afraid to store it in the same case as the drill and batteries lest the slightest knock bust it to smithereens.
2. PITIFUL BATTERIES: The batteries are NiCd, which I prefer to lithium ion. While lithium ion has a greater storage capacity than NiCds, I prefer NiCds because they have a longer lifespan. The downside to these NiCds is that they're very small, and therefore have that much less power-storing capacity.
3. NOT MADE IN USA: The box I received states that it was manufactured in any of a number of places, including Mexico, China, South Korea and Malaysia, among others.
Update: February 24, 2014 Not a bad drill other than the fact that the clutch slips more often than expected given the previous model NEVER did on over 12 years. This means you are drilling or screwing something and the bit does not turn at all and the drill makes high pitched squeal. Also miss having the driver bits attach to the drill body. Dewalts quality control, design or choice for manufacturing is slipping as well. I'll contact Dewalt for a remedy and return with posting of that exchange.
Update: February 24, 2014 After contacting Dewalt the contact online form does not allow the request to complete for support through posting the problems to continue with the submission to Dewalt. When you go back on the web site, it constantly checks a box to get promotions and emailing for them to sell more stuff. Don't know how to get support if they don't want to hear about the problems with their products. No one likes to get bad news about what you make but how do you know what to improve?
Update: Jan 9, 2015 All the previous complaints still stand with a new one regarding the batteries. The original thick battery pack was so much better than these thinner packs that DO NOT hold a charge very long and peter out way to soon. Junk batteries if you only knew what the better battery does. It explains why they offer 2 batteries in this kit.
Update: March 30, 2015 A new undesirable problem adding to all the previous.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Like buying two batteries and getting drill and charger for freePublished 3 hours ago by Cynthia Miller
The drill performs to my expectations, the batteries are old they do not hold a charge.
Previous New batteries have 3x more life. Read more
Just tried it had not been fully charge yet, but it started and did the job.Published 3 days ago by C. Fernan