Lyft Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Alexa on Mobile GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,612 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,815 reviews
on April 5, 2017
I'm a little disappointed because I thought this had a light when you push the trigger and that the bit would be magnetic, but both of these are things I got confused about. They are not included in this item, but they are on other models.
So far, it works great and charges fast. The bag is perfect, so much better than trying to fit everything perfectly into those clunky plastic cases
on October 3, 2015
This is a quality product at a decent price. This model probably falls into the category of a little overkill for home use, but not what a professional would buy, if they were going to use it every day.We wanted to buy our daughter something that would last a long time, taking into consideration how often SHE will use it. She is 40 with 4 children, ranging from 5 to 19. Daddies are not around. This tool complimented a large selection of tools that we bought for her a couple months earlier. We also bought a nice kit of drill bits and screwdriver bits, etc. to go with the drill/driver. She has had it for about a year and no problems. She said, "It is a little heavy." but since she is a massage therapist, we figured she could handle it. She has strong hands and arms.
Jim A.
on August 17, 2017
I purchased this drill as a gift for my husband back in 2012 and he was very excited to be surprised with a powerful drill to use for household projects.He had a cheaper brand previously that he used for projects but it never had enough power and jobs took much longer than they do now. We have owned this drill for 5 years now and it has held up extremely well. It certainly lives up to the DeWalt name and I highly recommend it. This thing has helped us hang mini blinds throughout our home, changed out all of the screws in our doors, hung countless wall hangings, and the list goes on.

I love that this drill has so many additional add-on components you can also purchase to turn the drill into an electric saw, etc.
on April 18, 2016
UPDATE: 8/22/17 - I've had this drill over a year now. Keep in mind I don't use tools often, just occasional household things. I've probably used this 4-6 times since buying it. I took it out to use it a couple of weeks ago and the chuck will not open at all to remove the bit and put a different one in. I thought perhaps it was tightened too tightly, and had someone else with stronger hands try - he owns the same drill and was baffled at what the problem could be. So I now have a drill that has a Philip's head in it, so can continue to use it for that, but if I need to change to a regular bit I'm out of luck. Awfully expensive for a half dozen or less uses!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED! I thought that DeWalt was supposed to be a great brand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Only used once so far, but so far so good! I've been told this is the better brand to go with - I've always had Craftsman and Black & Decker drills. The B&D battery charger died and was far too expensive to bother replacing, so decided to upgrade to this one. I hope it lasts me a long while as I've been assured it will!
on August 3, 2017
Historically, I have loved DeWalt tools. They are a cut above, and seem to last forever. My wife was strapped for my gift one Christmas, and Lowes was happy to guide her to the famous, yellow shop radio that has a DeWalt charger. When time came to get a new drill I chose this one because my prize radio charger has an 18 volt max. So Ladies, take heed and buy your man an 18 volt DeWalt tool. Oh, by the way, this is a great drill!
on June 8, 2016
We need a little more battery life but work great. Great tools
review image
on July 26, 2017
I love, love, LOVE my new DeWalt DC970K-2 drill!! After the first full charge three weeks ago, I began using the drill around the house I moved into. You know: mounting towel rings, fixing odds and ends, putting up various racks and rings to hang things on, etc., etc. I have been constantly switching out drill bits with Phillips head screwdriver bits. My DeWalt behaves like a true work horse, keeping up with the pace and loving every minute of it! And I am still using the battery from the first charge!
on June 19, 2017
Basic drill/driver that works - cheap, too. If you are a professional cabinetry maker, this isn't for you. If you're an idiot homeowner like me who has no clue what they are doing around the house, enjoys thinking that he is achieving constructive home repairs despite the fact he has to call a professional in about 75% of the time to repair his repairs, and if you genuinely enjoy the sounds of drills and holes being drilled for no good reason at all, then this baby is your ticket.
on May 19, 2017
My Hubby seems to like his new Tool by DEWALT. he needed to purchase a new drill/driver quickly because his went out right in the middle of a project so I got him this one. He said it has enough power for all of his around the house needs.

*I paid FULL PRICE for this item and I am under no obligation to leave a review, positive or negative* I hope you found this information helpful*
on June 9, 2014
I just bought my first home 2 months ago and this thing has already paid for itself 10 times over. I bought this to replace a $20 Black and Decker drill that wasn't cutting it. This is perfect for DIY projects around the house. Powerful yet lightweight enough that an average 30-something female can use with ease. I have used it a few times per week for 2 months and have not needed to charge the battery yet. I use it with Dewalt drill bits and screwdriver set also bought on amazon. It does make a very small squeaking noise which is mildly annoying and I'm sure I could fix it if I cared enough to investigate but the awesomeness of the rest of the drill makes up for it.