|Item Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 3.1 x 8.9 inches|
|Item model number||DC820KB|
|Batteries||1 Nonstandard Battery batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Warranty Description||3 year limited manufacturer warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.49 shipping
+ $8.99 shipping
DEWALT DCF680N2 8V Max Gyroscopic Screwdriver 2 Battery Kit
- Low Return Rate: 11% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 85% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "dewalt screwdriver"
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Motion-activated Variable Speed & Reversing Control For Precise Fastening Control
- 0rpm-430rpm For Fastening Into Wood, Plastic & Light-gauge Metal
- Adjustable 2-position Handle Allows For Operation In Either In-line Or Pistol-grip
- ¼ inch hex allows for quick screwdriver bit change and holds 1 inch bit tips
- Motion Activation Variable Speed and Reversing Control
- Motion Activated Variable Speed 0 - 430 RPM
- Adjustable two-position handle; straight or pistol grip
Buy this product as Certified Refurbished and save $20.00.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
- Drive 1/4" Hex
- No Load Speed 0-430 rpm
- Power Tool Type Cordless
- System 8V MAX
- Tool Weight 1.1 lbs
DEWALT 8V Max Gyroscopic Screwdriver Kit
- Motion activation variable speed and reversing control for precise fastening control
- Motion activated variable speed 0-430 rpm for fastening into wood, plastic, and light-gauge metal.Motion activated variable speed 0-430 rpm for fastening into wood, plastic, and light-gauge metal
- Adjustable two-position handle allows for operation in either in-line or pistol-grip
- Allows control when completing light fastening applications
- LED provides illumination in confined areas without shadowing
- Battery charge status on tool notifies when to charge packs
- 1/4" hex allows for quick screwdriver bit change and holds 1" bit tips
- 8V MAX battery pack allows for longer run-time and charges in one hour
Compare with similar items
DEWALT DW920K-2 1/4-Inch 7.2-Volt Cordless Two-Position Screwdriver Kit
DEWALT DCF682N1 8V MAX Gyroscopic Inline Screwdriver
DEWALT DCF681N2 8V Max Gyroscopic Screwdriver with Conduit Reamer
DEWALT DCF682N1R 8V MAX Gyroscopic Inline Screwdriver (Certified Refurbished)
Makita DF010DSE 7.2-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Driver-Drill Kit with Auto-Stop Clutch (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$7.09|
|Included Components||battery||battery||battery-charger, bare-tool, battery, case||battery-charger, attachments, bare-tool, battery, case||—||case|
|Item Dimensions||3.12 x 12.5 x 8.88 in||11.88 x 14.81 x 4.63 in||2.06 x 9.5 x 7.88 in||8.86 x 12.4 x 3.07 in||2.06 x 9.5 x 7.88 in||1.69 x 8.82 x 5.55 in|
DEWALT(R) continues its tradition of quality professional tools with this 8V screwdriver kit. The motion activation makes it easier to drive screws comfortably - just turn your wrist to engage the drive. The adjustable 2-position handle lets you stay comfortable wherever you're working. In addition, the included light lets you see in confined spaces. When you want a great deal of torque in a small package, this 8V kit is what you need.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Lets face it. The hammering and noise from a construction site impact driver is not the way your spouse wants you to hang things in the house. This is the perfect solution when an impact driver isn't required or necessary. I use it for PC repairs, picture frame screws, outlet covers, etc. I no longer hear "The baby is sleeping, can you wait!" (Super Quiet). Everyone's first instinct is to have fun with the gyro flipping the driver back and fourth to feel and see the driver following your motions. Works well with normal and light duty tasks (e.g., 2" wood screws and watch battery screws).
Add 2 Standard Screws spaced 2-3/8" apart and 1 (one) NM Staple and you've just mounted the charger to a stud somewhere in your shop (See Photo).
Press the button and the motor starts, rotate the driver slightly and it rotates in the same direction slowly. Rotate the driver faster and it rotates faster, no forward or reverse switch to deal with (Yea!). Rotate back and forth and the driver follows in both directions! It feels natural in the unbent or straight position. Using this driver is like turning a manual screw driver without the effort and constant cranking on your wrist. I only use the bent position when I have a limited space.
The clutch in this device will not rip your arm off should the screw stop for any reason. Quiet compared to an impact driver, no hearing protection needed. Compatible flashlight (not included) and my screw bits kit fit neatly into the bag. There's no need to lug the charger around, the batteries last a long time with normal non-construction site use. The bag is small enough to hide under the bathroom sink or a small cabinet.
I would never pretend that this would replace the impact driver for job sites and difficult screws that require an impact driver.
This screwdriver looks and feels great in the hand, plus the gyro switch is certainly a cool factor. HOWEVER, it has very little torque for an 8V battery. If you look at the specifications, the 7.2V DEWALT DW920K has TWICE as much torque. We are talking 80 vs 40. I went to use DEWALT DCF680 to put a screw into the wooden beam and it would not turn at all - flash light would go out and that's it. Maybe I had a defective unit but this is not what you'd expect from an $80 DEWALT tool.... Anyway, just sent mine back and bought DEWALT DW920K instead (thank you, Amazon, for making the exchange so painless!)
Also, I found the gyroscopic switch to be very awkward to use - you try to get into a tight space with the tool and now you have to worry about turning it, which is often not easy at all. So, I won't miss this feature in my DW920K...
This is a must have tool for most people.