Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on September 6, 2015
my purchase will also be used professionally. I've had it at work over a week and so far I'm liking the gun. For it's smaller size it packs quite a punch. I've also "over-used" its intended purpose and have actually removed some lug nuts on passenger cars, along with bellhousing bolts and driveline related hardware that I felt were "above and beyond" it's intended usage. I'll mainly be using it for interior work and some light fastners. One thing I didn't see mentioned was that when you touch the trigger, the LED lighting stays on for 15 seconds which comes in handy. This will be the third 3/8 cordless impact I've had, in 15 years and the first DeWalt. I would have given it five stars.... but it needs to earn it and time will tell. I'm already considering purchasing the 1/2" drive impact that shares the same battery.
on April 26, 2016
Love it...very snappy and has more torque than I anticipated. This is my first venture into the Dewalt 20v tools. I have pretty much everything in 18v Dewalt, but never had the 3/8 impact. I will start moving into the 20v world and won't look back. The only downside, and it's petty, is that the charger won't mount vertically to the wall. I researched the dual charger and it doesn't either...I will live with it and adapt.
on October 8, 2014
I work in collision repair industry. Most of my mechanical tools are air powered. I've accumulated 10s of thousands of dollars in tools over my 37 seven years in the industry. I have to say, this is the best tool I have bought in years. I wanted an impact that was airless, light wait, cordless, and had enough power to break large bolts. This one has it! Even removes wheel lugs on most passenger vehicles, and light trucks! I use it on seatbelt and seat bolts, inside vehicles, without having to drag airline inside vehicle. It has done EVERYTHING I expected, and more. The 20 volt MAX lithium batteries last literally months between charges. I have to lock it up, because my co-workers all want to use it. Ha ha. Very happy consumer!
on July 16, 2016
I'm a professional mechanic that works on heavy equipment (bulldozers). Bough this tool with some Christmas money I received in 2015 so I've been using it for about 7 months. It has great power for the weight/size of the tool and has remarkable battery life. It's the first electric impact I have owned so I have no other comparison to a similar electric tool to offer. I would say it is easier to maneuver than my pneumatic Snap-On 3/8 drive impact and probably about the same weight with the battery installed. I regularly use for fasteners up to 3/8" diameter and 10mm diameter with no problem. My helper unintentionally broke several 5/16" bolts by hammering too long with it. I completely recommend it and would definitely purchase it again.
on June 3, 2017
This is a great impact! Especially for the price, im a mechanic at midas an i use it everyday and love it. DO NOT use this repeatedly and or consistently removing lugs on tires, it is a 3/8's drive, its possible after so long of doing that you can burn it up. Get the 1/2 inch drive if thats what you want it strickly for. They offer a set this one and the 1/2 inch together that is a great deal! My co workers Snap On 3/8's is a little more powerful and compact but like $800 more it's ridiculous. If you do want a great quality affordable 3/8's with a little more power get the Milwaukee one, still a really good price on that one as well. But this one will do everything you need
on March 19, 2017
Love it. Replaced my $700 Snap-On impact with it. Every bit as good if not better. Add to that its almost 1/4 the price, its a no brainer.

Update 3-25-17. It's been several months now and I could not be happier. It's worked out way better than my Snap-On ever did. I highly recommend this product.
on September 10, 2016
Met and exceeded, my expectations. It's just as strong if not stronger,than the snap-on, matco, or Mac cordless impacts, for half the price. Highly recommended purchase, you will not be disappointed.it does come with 2 lithium ion batteries.I have been using mine every day, all day for weeks, and still haven't needed to recharge the battery yet, I'm sure that will change with age, but that is to be expected. I may even purchase the dewalt 20v. 1/2in drive next.
on July 1, 2014
I am a Chrysler LLC Technician. I use this for just about every light job where up to 13 - 14MM sockets are used. I really like the triple LED lights and the delay time. I know this is not new but this one is actually useful, unlike some other brands. I would NOT advise trying to use this to take off big fasteners like lug nuts, unless you want to kill your tool prematurely. This tool is NOT meant for that. If you want to take off lug nuts and suspension parts, get the 1/2" drive !

This is just as good if not a better 3/8" than the ones on the tool trucks for 500-700. New technicians...stop buying that overpriced stuff!!! This one is fine!
on March 23, 2017
I love Dewalt products and have had their drills and other products without any issue for many years. I understand the limitation of each product but after watching many videos and reading reviews online about this 3/8" version I took the chance and was pleasantly surprised at the lightweight design yet felt very professional and the weight was beautifully balanced.

I LOVE the LED lights on these as they stay on and can be used as a quick flashlight. It's compact enough for many uses and the battery seem to last forever as long as you're not torquing things in or out each time (more info on that below). It does have a very nice grip that never seem to slip and isn't big at all so it's comfortable to hold all day long.

Now the disappointing part and was wondering if I had a defective unit. My main use was to use them on my Subaru. I did consider the 1/2" XR 20V Max but thought it would be too big and reading the reviews it sounded like it would be sufficient to take off most bolts including the lug nuts. I already have both 3/8" & 1/2" impact ready 6-point sockets so I thought why not go with the compact. I should've really considered the actual torque rating on this.

Going around the engine bay to unscrew some of the 12mm bolts I noticed it takes few seconds to unscrew and thought okay that's odd. I couldn't get the 14mm bolt out of the exhaust area which I ended up using a regular wrench. It was seized a bit so figured it wasn't the drill. Then I wanted to take the lug nuts off and see how long it would take. My WRX is rated up to 89 ft lbs for safe torque which I use with my Tekton torque wrench every time. This impact wrench either took 7-8 seconds to unscrew if not it wouldn't budge. 89 ft lbs isn't a lot. So as long as this tool was in fact in good order it's not meant to take off lug nuts was my conclusion unlike what other reviews and online videos say about it being able to take them off.

I was more disappointed honestly it couldn't take off simple bolts in the engine bay that holds the intercooler & turbo in place. I did end up buying the 1/2" 20V Max XR version instead. It's not much more and it's a night and day difference.

Personally if you're working on cars I would go with the 1/2" 20V Max XR. Other tools can be used where the space is tight as I found even this compact design didn't exactly save me much time in the engine bay and found myself using regular wrenches.
on April 22, 2017
Very Powerful! Now the only thing you have to do is order the 1/2 Dewalt and the set is complete! I did and the interchangeable batteries are fantastic!