Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on June 3, 2015
This is one serious tool. When it first arrived, I tried to use it without a fully charged battery and a regular 7/8" socket on one of my truck's lug nuts. Not a good idea! The combination of a 3" extension and shallow socket not only didn't remove the nut, but the extension dented the top of it. Oops....mental note - deep sockets for lug nuts! A couple hours of patience for the impact sockets I ordered to arrive and a fully charged battery, and I was in business. WOW! This tool has serious torque! It zipped off every lug nut after no more than a second or so of ratcheting. As a test, I replaced the nuts and torqued them down with a wrench to 135 lb-ft as specified by the manufacturer. Once again, not a problem, the DCF889HM2 took them off without breaking a sweat. I really like the hog ring feature and it seems to me the sockets and extensions are held quite firmly. The LED light and dual batteries with "fuel gauge" to indicate the charge level are icing on the cake. If you're considering an impact wrench, I don't see how you can go wrong with this one.
on June 18, 2015
The most expensive tool I have ever purchased but I have to say it is the best and most life saving tool I have every purchased also. I work on my Jeep Wrangler and this thing will remove pretty much any nut/bolt. Very high quality and comes with 2 batteries and a charger. Battery has an indicator light showing how much battery left.

Lugnuts??? Comes off like you had hand tightened it.

Do not use this to tighten things, it will destroy what ever you are tightening, be careful.
on February 19, 2015
Fast and quiet. It took the lugs of the car with ease. It also can be easily used to seat the lug nuts without over tightening them, thus allowing a proper torque wrench to be used for the remaining turns.

Also, for most automotive purposes, very few fasteners need higher torque than the lug nuts (axle nuts and crank pulley fasteners usually need higher torque). Even though an air powered wrench may come cheaper, the cost of an air compressor, hoses, and fittings make the Dewalt an excellent option for casual brake and chassis work. The noise an air compressor makes is bad for home personal use, this nullifies that problem for me as well.

Lastly, I have a lot of friends that want me to check out their brakes before they have them fixed, fearing getting ripped off. I can easily take my floor jack and this tool out, zip the tires off and on in about 5 minutes total turn around time to have a look at the brakes. It is also portable when I need to go help a friend out with changing their tires and such.

In short, great buy. If I still had my auto shop, I would use this far more than my air powered tools.
on December 21, 2015
I love this thing! Have been upgrading all of my older 18v Dewalt tools and this has been a serious and welcome upgrade over Dewalt's similar 18v model. I much prefer the forward/reverse activation on the 20v, it's a more traditional thumb button (like every other Dewalt drill or impact driver) vs. the rocker trigger that the 18v model had. I also HATED the detent pin of 18v - serious PIA to get sockets on/off though honestly, not sure if they had a hog-ring style on the 18v and I simply wasn't an informed consumer when I purchased that one.

Pay attention which model you order, the hog-ring uses a compression ring around the 1/2" nub to receive the socket. This makes it easy to get sockets on/off but still more than snug enough to prevent accidental release of socket. The detent model (same as my older 18v) is designed such that you need a tool (I would use a torx-screwdriver) to push the pin in to remove socket which for me was simply overkill for what I needed for my application (mostly working on the Jeep but also when my impact driver isn't strong enough on a building application).
on December 30, 2013
Just what I needed. Plenty of power to take wheels off my trucks and tractors. Very handy to have around. Only complaint would be the bag isn't very big. Would be nice if it was large enough to hold a set of sockets as well as the batteries and charger. Still a great tool though!
on March 2, 2017
This is a blessing but I wish I had known that this was less powerful than another choice the same Dewalt line. But it works great for my application and I expect it to last for years to come.
on September 23, 2013
So far works great. Used it for 3-4 hours straight first time I used it and then randomly throughout the rest of tje week and it still had juice in the battery without switching to the second battery or recharging. The 4.0 amp/hour batteries are great.
on March 12, 2016
I'm a professional automotive technician who uses tools everyday. I have the 12 volt lithium-ion 3/8 drive for around 5 years, it's been very dependable. I purchased this 1/2 impact last week and has definitely proven itself reliable. If I need anything with more torque I can use my pneumatic 1/2 or 3/4 impacts. I also have their 1/2 20 volt lithium-ion drill. I would definitely recommend this or any Dewalt lithium-ion tools to anyone.
on February 18, 2014
I bought this wrench cause I had many large rusted nuts to remove on an old dozer I was working on. The tractor was not near a power source so I needed battery power. My main concern was that the wrench would drain the batteries quickly and would not be worth it. Boy was I wrong......I tired out before the batteries did! These are the first lithium batteries I have used and all I can say is that they last a long time...they are great.
on March 9, 2017
Perfect for keeping in my vehicle if I need to change a flat on my truck or a trailer on the side of the interstate. Fast, powerful, and long lasting, quick charging batteries!