|Item Weight||39.8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||24 x 18.5 x 15.5 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||DW703|
|Discontinued by manufacturer||Yes|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||One year warranty, one year service agreement, 30 day no-risk guarantee|
DEWALT DW703 Heavy Duty 10-Inch Compound Miter saw
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
- Tall sliding fence supports crown molding vertically up to 4-1/2 inches and easily slides out of the way for bevel cuts
- 0- to 50-degree miter ability for greater capacity in all cutting applications
- 11 positive miter stops allow for quick settings and improved accuracy
- Steel-on-steel detent plate and pin offers repeatable accuracy and worksite durability
- 0- to 48-degree bevel delivers increased capacity for out-of-square corners
- 33-pound weight, head lock-down pin, and built-in carrying handle for increased portability
- 15 amp motor, 5,000 rpm provides enough power for all cutting applications
- Works great with the DW723 miter saw stand
- Amps: 15 amps
- No-load speed: 5,000 rpm
- Blade diameter: 10 inches
- Arbor size: 5/8 inch
- Vertical capacity, baseboard against fence: 3-1/2 inches
- Vertical capacity, crown molding vertically nested: 4-1/2 inches
- Horizontal capacity, baseboard lying flat: 6 inches
- Horizontal capacity, crown molding lying flat: 5-1/4 inches
- 45-degree bevel cut capacity (dimensional lumber): 2-by-6 inches
- 90-degree crosscut capacity (dimensional lumber): 4-by-4 inches
- 90-degree crosscut capacity (max width): 2-by-6 inches, dimensional lumber
- 45-degree miter cut capacity (max height): 2-by-4 inches, dimensional lumber
- 45-degree miter cut capacity (max width): 2-by-4 inches, dimensional lumber
- Tool weight: 33 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 37 lbs.
- 40-tooth Series 20 carbide blade
- Dust bag
- Blade wrench
This DeWalt high-performance industrial tool comes with a warranty package that includes:
30-day, no-risk satisfaction guarantee
One-year free service contract
Top Customer Reviews
The DW 703 is great for my immediate needs. It's lightweight but sturdier than the Hitachi 10-inch saw, something one can carry from worktable to pickup tailgate with the easy-carry handle, simple to use, is accurate, and changing the saw blade relatively uncomplicated, unlike the least expensive 10-inch Delta model I tried. In addition, the blade that comes with it cuts moulding like a knife slicing cold butter....clean and smooth without any splinters. I used tape on the moulding at first to eliminate any splinters, but realized that wasn't necessary, as there were no splinters without it.
The bevel clamp knob on the back is accessible, easy to work, and very stable, adding to the feeling of security when making bevel cuts. Both miter and bevel scales are easy to read and accurate. Although some reviewers have commented that the markings are only painted on and will wear off in time, I plan to take the added step of coating the markings with a clear sealant for added life.
Probably the best feature I've found is the light grip required on the operating handle. I can't see getting carpal tunnel syndrome from overuse of the handle, for it is truly comfortable to use, unlike some of the ones i tried that required both a hard grip on a safety device as well as a tough pull-down on the handle.
It's too bad that Hoover didn't buy out Black and Decker/Dewalt, for then this saw might have had a decently engineered dust spout and bag. For this reason, I am giving the saw only four stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First understand from every aspect save the one I'll explain, this saw is terrific. I have had my DW703 for years and years (getting old so memory is lousy but I think 9 or so... Read morePublished 16 months ago by F. Douglas Williams
I debated a long time between a 10" or 12" miter saw, but when I stumbled across a refurbished DeWalt DW703 10" I simply couldn't pass it up. Read morePublished on November 26, 2008 by Craig Warrington
I purchased this item for my husband, for his Birthday, he had been telling me for a year or so that this is the Miter Saw he really would like to have. Read morePublished on January 2, 2008 by Tina Lykens
I purchased this saw for my husband after much research and plenty of recommendation. He was very happy with it as a gift and upon using it said - this is one slick tool! Read morePublished on December 30, 2007 by V. Ryan
This 10 in miter saw was the perfect addition to the small but growing shop we have in the garage. It came quickly, in great shape, and at an amazing price off amazon. Read morePublished on December 5, 2007 by R. Johnson
Great little saw to transport around. I bought the Ryobi saw stand for 99.00 and the two combined are a great duo. Read morePublished on October 3, 2007 by Lambert J. Louviere Jr.
I bought this saw approx. 5 years ago for doing all the trim in my house. It has also been used for many woodworking projects. No power tool has saved me more time than this one. Read morePublished on August 26, 2007 by Omega