|Item Weight||87 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||30.8 x 20.4 x 30.2 inches|
|Item model number||DWE7490X|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number of Handles||1|
|Teeth Per Inch||24 TPI|
|Cutting Diameter||10 inches|
|Warranty Description||3 year limited manufacturer warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Job Site Table Saw with Scissor Stand
|You Save:||$30.00 (6%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The product is 10" HD 15A Table Saw
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- 28" of rip capacity easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim material
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Job Site Table Saw with Scissor Stand
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.38 x 30.75 x 30.25 in||26.5 x 25.75 x 13.87 in||26.5 x 25.75 x 13.88 in||—|
DEWALT Job Site Table Saw with Stand
This DEWALT Job Site Table saw offers convenience and flexibility with the added value of the Scissor Stand which allows you to set this up anywhere on your work site.
Combining Power with Portability
The DEWALT DWE7490X 10-inch Job Site Table saw with Scissor Stand features rack and pinion telescoping fence rails that make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate. Patented material support, can be used for narrow rip cuts, with 28 inches of rip capacity that easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim material. It also has a flip over fence which allows for narrow rip cuts and telescoping fence rails retract to create a small, portable package.
This saw features a 15.0 amp high-torque motor with the power to cut pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods. It offers 3-1/8 inch depth of cut at 90 degrees,and 2-1/4 inch at 45 degrees. The Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application. This unit also includes a 2 inch Dust Collection Port that easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction. This saw/stand combo has board storage that provides easy access to the Site Pro Guarding components and push stick when not in use. A 26-1/4 inch X 22 inch table provides superior material support. This unit also comes with a compact folding stand for easy stand-alone job site usage. This is all covered by DEWALT'S 3 year manufacturers warranty.
DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America.
What's in the Box
- Miter Gauge
- Push Stick
- 10-inch 24 tooth carbide blade
- Folding Stand
- Cabinet Installers: ripping filler boards.
- Hardwood Floor Installers; ripping floor boards.
- Trim Carpenters: ripping moldings, wainscoting, ripping and cross cutting 1X material for framing book shelves and entertainment centers, and ripping framing lumber.
- Deck Builders: ripping deck boards, rail cap, railing.
- Remodelers: ripping framing lumber, sheet material (4 feet x 8 feet).
- Serious Wood workers: home hobbyists, ripping sheet material (4 feet x 8 feet), framing lumber, 2-inch x 12-inch, sizing material up to 3 inches thick, ripping and cross cutting 1x material used for dados, rabbets, mortise and tenons.
Top Customer Reviews
Things I like about this saw:
1. The rubber feet. I had to transport the saw up a narrow flight of stairs on my first job with this saw and I encountered an unforeseen obstacle in my path. I adjusted to avoid the obstacle and consequently the bottom corner of the saw bumped into the wall. No damage was done because of the large cushioned feet. The rubber feet also serve to protect any surface the saw might be sitting on. They also steady the saw by providing grip while also reducing vibration during use.
2. Rip capacity. 28-1/2"
3. On-board out-of-the-way storage of everything.
4. Storage orientation. The saw can be transported or stored horizontally or vertically.
5. Carrying handle. The side handle for transporting is well placed, comfortably padded and balanced. Carrying this saw with one hand is very comfortable. It is easier to carry this larger DeWalt saw than it is to carry it's little brother the DeWalt DW745 which is a real hand-pincher to carry.
6. Tool-less removal of riving knife and guard.
7. Cord storage. I like that there is a place to wrap the cord out of the way for storage.
8. Dado blade capable. This saw will take up to a 13/16" dado blade stack according to spec.
9. Soft-start motor.
10. Steel roll-cage design. This eliminates a lot of the plastic of previous designs.
11. Dust port for a vacuum attachment on back of the saw (not to be confused with the dust port built into the blade gaurd mentioned below under things that could be improved.)
11. Price-point. Paid $499 at Lowes complete with the cross-buck stand. This saw has a lot of features for the $$.
Things that could be improved:
1. The place to wrap the cord should be moved over 1 or 2" to make more clearance for winding the cord. (I might just modify this myself)
2. Out-of-the-box accuracy. The owners manual states that the saw is set up accurately at the factory. The blade was 1/16" out of parallel to the miter slot, the fence needed to be adjusted for parallel and the bevel also needed to be adjusted. The adjustments were easy enough to make but the saw was not ready for use out of the box and it did take some time to get it adjusted.
3. Out-feed (or lack thereof). Attaching an out-feed table looks like it will be a challenge. I am going to attempt to build something today but I suspect that the rack-and-pinion fence mechanism is going to make it difficult. If I come up with something elegant I will post a photo of it. Wish me luck!
4. The fence is lightweight. It will be an adjustment to get used to after 20+ years using the bomber and reliable Rousseau fence. I hope that this fence holds up to job-site abuse.
5. Bevel adjustment. It would be great to have a separate wheel to adjust the bevel. Also, the adjustable cam stops for 0 and 45 degrees seem a bit awkward, under-built and unreliable. We'll see how they hold up.
6. Dust port on blade gaurd. Really? On top of the saw? For a job-site saw this is a real head-scratcher. I'm not sure how a vacuum hose will stay out of the way during a cut. I envision some dangerous hang-ups with the hose if it were to be used.
In summary, I am very happy that DeWalt has taken the best features of the DW744, DW745, and the Bosch GTS1031 and incorporated them into this one new saw.
I bought Dewalt because it used to be a higher end product with good customer service but it appears to be as bad as the low end junk now. I'll take the table saw apart and modify the fence lock so it will work for more than a month, but I shouldn't have to do this. Other than this I think the saw is great, but a table saw without a reliable fence is pretty useless.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I couldn't be happier with this purchase! I researched for weeks to find the best and I did!