|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||19.25 x 10.25 x 6.7 inches|
|Item model number||DWP611PK|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty||3 Year Limited Warranty|
DEWALT Router Fixed/Plunge Base Kit, Variable Speed, 1.25-HP Max Torque (DWP611PK)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Durable 1.25 horsepower motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications. No Load Speed range 16,000-27,000rpm
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch (fixed base only)
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
The DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's has a 1.25 HP motor to deliver power for the toughest applications, and variable speed control for optimal bit speed in each application. Features precise depth adjustments and fast, easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes. LED light and clear plastic fixed base provide superior bit visibility.
- Amps: 7.0 Amps
- Collet Diameter: 1/4 in
- Horsepower: 1.25 HP
- Plunge Stroke: 2 in
- Router Base: Combo Kit
- Spindle Lock: 12 Position
- Base Dimension: 4" (standard),4 3/8" x 5 3/4" (plunge) in
- Depth Stop: 5
- No Load Speed: 16,000-27,000 rpm
- Power Tool Type: Corded
- Router Type: Compact Router
- Tool Weight: 4.6 (fixed) , 6.2 (plunge) lbs
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications.
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications.
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut.
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation.
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only).
- Plunge base incorporates fine-tune adjustment rod for precise depth setting.
- Large, low-pressure spindle lock button allows for comfortable, single wrench bit changes.
- Multiple shaft-lock detents enable quick and simple bit changes.
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position (fixed base only).
- Spring-loaded release tabs allow for quick base removal (fixed base only).
- Motor can be transitioned quickly and easily between fixed and plunge bases.
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip (plunge base only).
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.
- Aluminum motor housing and base construction provides long term durability.
- Extended sub-base provides greater work surface contact for improved user control (fixed base).
- Large plunge base platform provides added stability for heavier applications and sub-base accepts universal template guides.
- Extended 8-slot 1/4" collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip.
Compare with similar items
DEWALT Router, Fixed Base, Variable Speed, 1-1/4-HP Max Torque (DWP611)
DEWALT 20V Max XR Cordless Router, Brushless, Tool Only (DCW600B)
DEWALT Router, Fixed/Plunge Base Kit, Variable Speed, Soft Start, 2-1/4-HP (DW618PKB)
DEWALT Router Edge Guide for Fixed Base Compact Router (DNP618)
Makita RT0701CX7 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit
|Sold By||CPO Outlets||Amazon.com||Toolup||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||19.25 x 10.25 x 6.70 inches||5.60 x 11.50 x 7.30 inches||8.38 x 5.82 x 5.75 inches||21.88 x 6.88 x 12.56 inches||10.30 x 6.60 x 3.00 inches||17.00 x 10.00 x 7.00 inches|
Includes Premium Compact Router Fixed/Plunge Combo Kit - DWP611PK
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Dewalt DWP611PK is the absolute BEST router you can buy. I have owned several, including the Bosch Colt which is no comparison. That is coming from a Bosch loyalist. But no more will I be brand loyal. Dewalt has made the best trim router available. I bought mine during the Dewalt sale this Christmas and got the Combo(plunge base and fixed base), the Edge guide, and the Round sub base for less than $150 shipped. The Bosch Colt only came with the fixed base and edge guide for ~$115 YMMV. The plunge base for it was an additional ~$90.
1) The LED lights. They are positioned perfectly to light you path. Why haven't they made these sooner.
2) The Plunge base adjusts with ease. Press the lever to adjust and release to hold with confidence that it will not slip.
3) Changeover from the fixed base to the plunge base takes literally seconds.
4) Micro depth adjustment just simply WORKS! You couldn't ask for anything easier.
5) Amazon had the lowest price I found. The big box houses couldn't come close. Good Job Amazon!
1) Where was this router 10 years ago?!?
2) I couldn't find anymore. Sorry.
For all those negative reviews, all that can be said is A) you're not truthful, B) you got a dud, send it back or call Dewalt Customer Service, or C)you're a competitor writing false reviews.
I will definitely look at Dewalt more seriously.
Good Job Dewalt!!!
I don't see much use for the original half-squared base the fixed base has besides that some could appreciated to finger-press on to square side while let the round one glide against the guide, so I bought a round base DNP613, put it on and probably won't take it off, ever. Besides the advantage of not to think which side to ride along the guide, this one has a smaller opening to fit standard template guides perfectly (the square one is useless for that". Wish that the round one was included in the kit as standard but that probably would make DW less money, shame.
So far I used the fixed base for rounding over edges and the plunge base for carving design/inlay with the help of, bought at the same time, Milescraft 1207 Router Design Inlay Kit and Whiteside 9500 Solid Brass Inlay Kit.
At the beginning the plunge base gave me a little scare, appear like sticking/jamming a couple of times, maybe my getting use to it, but looks working smoothly now.
Happy overall with this guy, no need to pull out heavier Bosch B1450 for lighter jobs.
Top international reviews
This was my first router I was buying, so I did a lot of research before I bought it, read all the reviews, watched youtube videos about it and was still wondering if it was the right one to go for - is it too small, is it going to be powerful enough?
Having bought this amazing little machine, I'm wondering why the heck I was worried about any of that - I needn't have worried, it's actually a really nice size and has plenty enough power for my basic edge shaping/hole/channel cutting needs. Pine and softer woods you can go full speed and with a good sharp bit this router will just munch through it like butter - for harder woods you can start on a slower speed and just go at a slower pace over the material - but again, with a good sharp bit no problems at all.
I'm only a hobbyist woodworker/diy-er, so my router doesn't get heavy or daily use. All I can say is I'm really glad I went for this compact router instead of a full sized one - this Dewalt is more than enough for my needs, and being compact it's a good price considering you get the fixed and plunge bases included. Don't forget this router only takes 1/4" bits, you can't change the collet like on full sized units.
In the box you get the 611 router, and the plunge and fixed bases, and a good meaty wrench for the collet. Oh, and a bag/instruction leaflet. Nothing else. The power cord is wired right into the motor unit. I've uploaded a few unboxing pictures.
Things I like about this router:
- the way the collet works and you insert a bit with the 'lock' button is nice - like a giant version of how a dremel tool works
- the locator slots on the sides of the router make locating it into the right place in the bases super easy
- the micro adjustment on the fixed base - 1/64" increments - makes depth adjustment very precise
- compact size and relatively light weight
- variable speed control so you can cope with different hardness of wood easily
- relatively quiet (compared to full size)
- plunge base is nice quality, smooth operating and well thought out, solid feeling
- handles are nice size and placement
- the soft start is good, as you have to take a hand off the router to flip the on/off switch, this makes it easier/safer
- good visibility of your work thanks to good sized transparent bases (and the LED lights)
- depth adjustment is easy/nice to use - the 1/4" incremented depth-stop on the plunge base is great
- very quick/easy to switch between bases, no tools needed
- LED's to light the way are better and more useful than I thought they'd be - not a 'must have' but certainly useful in my dimly lit garage
- plenty of power, at least for my basic routing needs it's great on MDF, 1x pine no regrets on going compact at all
Minor 'cons' list (and these are minor, nothing wrong with the router and nothing big enough to take a star off):
- comes with dewalt handbag, I'd have preferred a plastic case for safe storage/keeping my tool-curious kids out
- the on/off switch could be bigger or better shaped - it's under a dust cover so it's a bit tricky to feel it without looking at it, also a bit difficult to see it through a dusty cover, could have been colour coded as well.
- for dust collection (and there's plenty of dust, as you'd expect), you have to buy two different Dewalt vac adaptors (one for each base as they fit differently). Just put them in the box please.
- include the straight edge guide in the kit as well - for the sake of an extra $10 retail tops, you could make this a complete kit with the vac adaptors and edge guide.
- make sure you clean the threaded body of the motor unit really well before you use it - mine had vaseline type grease in all the threads, had I not noticed it would have gummed up with sawdust on the first use
Overall I'm really pleased with this little router, it seems to be about the best reviewed one on the market currently - from my experiences with it so far, the good reviews are well-deserved. It's perfect for home diy/woodworking. If you get one of these, you're not going to regret it - high quality, well thought out (apart from the on/off switch) - but a solid 5 stars.
Good job Dewalt! (but please be more generous with the accessories in the box!)
- small enough to be comfortably controlled in one hand
- adjustment mechanism is a little odd a first, but fantastic now that I'm used to it
- little light by the mandrel is quite useful for seeing what you are doing. I was skeptical, but I like it.
- the mandrel can be locked in position, so only one wrench is needed for changing bits
One area for improvement is that the opening in the base is quite small for inserting the wrench to change the bit while the router is installed in the base. I had to flip the wrench back and forth, using two motions to get a single flat on the nut. Pretty easy to pull the router body out of the base though.
Update: you may want to consider purchasing the edge guide sin e it is not included with this package, despite what the images in this offering shows.
Comentare que tiene buena calidad de materiales he usado DeWalt y es garantia de buen funcionamiento lo recomiendo para jobistas o uso no tan rudo aunque hay routers de colet de media pulgada y generalmente son los mas usados en talleres.
Gracias buena compra.
It worked great..very easy to handle..one hand operation..very happy with this buy.looking forward to suing it on upcoming projects..
I definitely recommend this unit..it's way better than my old craftsman 3 hp. way lighter and way more control.
The one small complaint that I do have is that the "on/off" switch is a little hard to use because of some type of plastic protective membrane that covers it. I had read this mentioned elsewhere as well prior to my purchase. It's nothing to stop me from buying another one if I needed it.
Overall a good purchase at a great price. The free delivery was fast. As a hobbyist, I am satisfied that this is the right router for my use.