|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 10.2 x 19.2 inches|
|Item model number||DWP611PK|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||3 Year Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable 1.25hp motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications. No Load Speed range 16,000-27,000rpm
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch (fixed base only)
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
The DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's has a 1.25 HP motor to deliver power for the toughest applications, and variable speed control for optimal bit speed in each application. Features precise depth adjustments and fast, easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes. LED light and clear plastic fixed base provide superior bit visibility.
- Amps: 7.0 Amps
- Collet Diameter: 1/4 in
- Horsepower: 1.25 HP
- Plunge Stroke: 2 in
- Router Base: Combo Kit
- Spindle Lock: 12 Position
- Base Dimension: 4" (standard),4 3/8" x 5 3/4" (plunge) in
- Depth Stop: 5
- No Load Speed: 16,000-27,000 rpm
- Power Tool Type: Corded
- Router Type: Compact Router
- Tool Weight: 4.6 (fixed) , 6.2 (plunge) lbs
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications.
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications.
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut.
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation.
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only).
- Plunge base incorporates fine-tune adjustment rod for precise depth setting.
- Large, low-pressure spindle lock button allows for comfortable, single wrench bit changes.
- Multiple shaft-lock detents enable quick and simple bit changes.
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position (fixed base only).
- Spring-loaded release tabs allow for quick base removal (fixed base only).
- Motor can be transitioned quickly and easily between fixed and plunge bases.
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip (plunge base only).
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.
- Aluminum motor housing and base construction provides long term durability.
- Extended sub-base provides greater work surface contact for improved user control (fixed base).
- Large plunge base platform provides added stability for heavier applications and sub-base accepts universal template guides.
- Extended 8-slot 1/4" collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip.
Compare to similar items
This item DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
Bosch 1617EVSPK 12 Amp 2-1/4-Horsepower Plunge and Fixed Base Variable Speed Router Kit with 1/4-Inch and 1/2-Inch Collets
|Price||$159.99||$197.99||$189.00||See price in cart||$119.00||$218.14|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 7 x 19.25 in||24 x 15.88 x 9.13 in||19.5 x 6.25 x 14.5 in||11.5 x 5.6 x 7.3 in||13 x 15 x 8 in||14 x 18 x 13 in|
Includes Premium Compact Router Fixed/Plunge Combo Kit - DWP611PK
Top customer reviews
Overall good for the price, and a definite upgrade to the Rigid one I had
Finally, a recent project I am working on warranted a purchase. I always eyed the Bosch Colt as I love Bosch tools and felt that a compact router would probably (hopefully) suffice for my needs, but the Colt seems to have some issues based on reviews. So after a lot of research, I decided on the DWP 611.
Despite some reviewers suggesting that a compact router is not a good first router, I respectfully disagree -- for my purposes I am extremely happy with my purchase of the DWP 611. This is a very high quality tool that is very managable and safe -- and safety for me was a key consideration when purchasing a router as I am newbie (although not unskilled). I like everything about this tool incluidng the one-wrench bit changing system, simple fixed-base height adjustment ring, ample power for my needs, good ergonomics, smoothe and reliable plunge base action, and yes, even the soft case which is better than I expected.
So why only 4 stars? Not that this is a deal breaker, but I find the depth adjustment mechanism on the plunge base a little sloppy -- it's very difficult to adjust cut depths within exact tolerances (say 1/16") because the "depth adjustment rod" is not threaded to dial-in an exact cut depth; rather, you have to slide the depth adjustment rod up to match a cut depth on a ruler, and then lock the rod by tightening a thumb screw. In this process there is some play which prohibits exact depth addjustment (but is close enough for my purposes).
My other gripes are the sealed rocker switch is difficult to turn on and off, and I do not see what the big deal is about the LED lights (and I DO like LED's on my cordless drill). But for my purposes, this router is more than capable and I am very pleased with my purchase.
My unit was a little dirty and the D-base was a little more scuffed up out of the box than I would have liked. I am probably going to put it in a small custom router table.
Most of the negative reviews are from people who did not read the product description(regarding shank size) or are unwilling to learn how to use a router. With a few probably having genuinely defective/damaged units.
My next project was to make a new table saw runoff table and that required plywood and applying Formica tops. After watching a couple of YouTube videos to get a feel for applying Formica, I noticed everyone had a compact router that just seemed to zip along. I decided to make the investment, and I sure wish I had it several projects ago.
It seems powerful, the LEDs do a great job shedding light on the piece, and most of all, it is very maneuverable while still having enough weight to be stable. Kind of like a big dremel tool, it easily made it around both of the pieces, and hardly seemed to slow at all. Granted, I have only used it on trimming Formica to this point, but I have certainly resolved my mortising concern as I would be very confident this would do a great job with shallow mortises. The depth adjustment system seems very intuitive, but I have not yet used it or the plunge base (needless to say, I am looking forward to an opportunity).
In all, I really like my purchase. My only regret is having waited so long . . . .
Most recent customer reviews
Not also included: Vacuum Attachment, Centering Tool, Round Sub-Base.Read more
The motor went to max RPM then stopped.Read more