|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 10.2 x 19.2 inches|
|Item model number||DWP611PK|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||3 Year Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
|You Save:||$18.99 (11%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable 1.25hp motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications. No Load Speed range 16,000-27,000rpm
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch (fixed base only)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
The DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's has a 1.25 HP motor to deliver power for the toughest applications, and variable speed control for optimal bit speed in each application. Features precise depth adjustments and fast, easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes. LED light and clear plastic fixed base provide superior bit visibility.
- Amps: 7.0 Amps
- Collet Diameter: 1/4 in
- Horsepower: 1.25 HP
- Plunge Stroke: 2 in
- Router Base: Combo Kit
- Spindle Lock: 12 Position
- Base Dimension: 4" (standard),4 3/8" x 5 3/4" (plunge) in
- Depth Stop: 5
- No Load Speed: 16,000-27,000 rpm
- Power Tool Type: Corded
- Router Type: Compact Router
- Tool Weight: 4.6 (fixed) , 6.2 (plunge) lbs
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications.
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications.
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut.
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation.
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only).
- Plunge base incorporates fine-tune adjustment rod for precise depth setting.
- Large, low-pressure spindle lock button allows for comfortable, single wrench bit changes.
- Multiple shaft-lock detents enable quick and simple bit changes.
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position (fixed base only).
- Spring-loaded release tabs allow for quick base removal (fixed base only).
- Motor can be transitioned quickly and easily between fixed and plunge bases.
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip (plunge base only).
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.
- Aluminum motor housing and base construction provides long term durability.
- Extended sub-base provides greater work surface contact for improved user control (fixed base).
- Large plunge base platform provides added stability for heavier applications and sub-base accepts universal template guides.
- Extended 8-slot 1/4" collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip.
Compare to similar items
This item DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 7 x 19.25 in||24 x 15.88 x 9.13 in||19.5 x 6.25 x 14.5 in||11.5 x 5.6 x 7.3 in|
Includes Premium Compact Router Fixed/Plunge Combo Kit - DWP611PK
Top Customer Reviews
I like my Bosch Colt routers a lot and use them often, but IMO the DeWalt is clearly superior (although durability is unknown). The after-rebate price seems very fair for all this functionality.
The only things that I prefer on the Colt are the:
1) Rubber grips (vs. the raised-dimple aluminum on the DeWalt). The Colt's grip is better when your hands get sweaty, and generally more comfortable.
2) Offset base which has come in handy a few times (no equivalent on the DeWalt)
3) Less-cheesy wrench (the DeWalt is flat stamped steel)
4) Hard case (the DeWalt comes with a canvas bag, but this is obviously personal preference) - see update below
Only the grip and offset base are significant to me. In every other respect (accuracy, flexibility, precision, ease-of-use) the DeWalt is better than the Colt.
Much of the dado-style & circle-cutting work that I do is with small bits where a 1/4" shaft works well (and a smaller/lighter router is easier to handle). But without a plunge base I was reluctant to use the Colt (I'm not comfortable plunging fixed-base routers...). The DeWalt plunge action is very smooth, and feels similar to my Bosch 1617 (but obviously with less tension). The plunge depth stop is just outstanding - very easy to adjust quickly, but also quite precise.
DeWalt obviously did their homework, and hopefully the DWP611 is reliable. The overall quality is higher than I expected, with minimal slop and very precise adjustments. The little DeWalt has an abundance of small refinements that I'd read about in other reviews but are even more impressive in-person. One surprise is that the motor can easily be re-oriented 180 deg; this is helpful for handling the power cord or aligning the power switch with the correct base edge. The LEDs near the shaft work very well to illuminate the cutting zone. And the clear polycarbonate ("Lexan") bases are one less thing that I need to replace!
If your woodworking includes lots of cuts appropriate for 1/4" shaft bits, definitely consider this router. My Colts are now relegated mostly to basic round-over work.
FWIW, the one I received was made in Mexico.
** Update August 2011 **
If anything, my impressions of the DWP611 are even better after several months of use. So far, no reliability issues. The dust collection hoods are sturdy and work very well, although dragging around a hose for long cuts is a PITA so I only use the hoods for relatively small cuts. Overall, I just *love* this little router! I'm thinking about getting a second one and unloading one of my Colt's. The only reason I'd keep a Colt at all is for the occasional use of the offset base. The little DeWalt is just a much better router.
FWIW, with all the accessories, I now prefer the canvas case. I'm not dragging the router around in the back of a pickup, and the canvas case is easier and faster for the relatively light DWP611.
If the cost of the DWP611PK seems too high, then consider the fixed-base-only model: DEWALT DWP611, but the plunge base is *very* handy, and what I use most often.
Or, keep your eyes open for a periodic price-drop from Amazon, and/or a rebate from DeWalt. :D
I don't see much use for the original half-squared base the fixed base has besides that some could appreciated to finger-press on to square side while let the round one glide against the guide, so I bought a round base DNP613, put it on and probably won't take it off, ever. Besides the advantage of not to think which side to ride along the guide, this one has a smaller opening to fit standard template guides perfectly (the square one is useless for that". Wish that the round one was included in the kit as standard but that probably would make DW less money, shame.
So far I used the fixed base for rounding over edges and the plunge base for carving design/inlay with the help of, bought at the same time, Milescraft 1207 Router Design Inlay Kit and Whiteside 9500 Solid Brass Inlay Kit.
At the beginning the plunge base gave me a little scare, appear like sticking/jamming a couple of times, maybe my getting use to it, but looks working smoothly now.
Happy overall with this guy, no need to pull out heavier Bosch B1450 for lighter jobs.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Yes I would purchase again.