|Item Weight||8 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7 x 10.2 x 19.2 inches|
|Item model number||DWP611PK|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||3 Year Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Home Improvement Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable 1.25hp motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications. No Load Speed range 16,000-27,000rpm
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64-inch (fixed base only)
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's
The DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LED's has a 1.25 HP motor to deliver power for the toughest applications, and variable speed control for optimal bit speed in each application. Features precise depth adjustments and fast, easy motor pack removal for bit and base changes. LED light and clear plastic fixed base provide superior bit visibility.
- Amps: 7.0 Amps
- Collet Diameter: 1/4 in
- Horsepower: 1.25 HP
- Plunge Stroke: 2 in
- Router Base: Combo Kit
- Spindle Lock: 12 Position
- Base Dimension: 4" (standard),4 3/8" x 5 3/4" (plunge) in
- Depth Stop: 5
- No Load Speed: 16,000-27,000 rpm
- Power Tool Type: Corded
- Router Type: Compact Router
- Tool Weight: 4.6 (fixed) , 6.2 (plunge) lbs
- Durable 1.25HP motor delivers the power to meet the toughest applications.
- Variable speed control feature enables bit speed to be optimized for changing applications.
- Soft-starting motor features full-time electronic feedback that maintains motor speed through the cut.
- Dual LED's and clear sub-base ensure maximum visibility in operation.
- Adjustment ring enables controlled bit depth changes to within 1/64" (fixed base only).
- Plunge base incorporates fine-tune adjustment rod for precise depth setting.
- Large, low-pressure spindle lock button allows for comfortable, single wrench bit changes.
- Multiple shaft-lock detents enable quick and simple bit changes.
- Depth ring and clamping mechanism combine to ensure motor remains locked in position (fixed base only).
- Spring-loaded release tabs allow for quick base removal (fixed base only).
- Motor can be transitioned quickly and easily between fixed and plunge bases.
- Overmolded rubber handles provide a comfortable and secure grip (plunge base only).
- Allows up to 1.5" of depth travel with standard base & 2" with plunge base.
- Aluminum motor housing and base construction provides long term durability.
- Extended sub-base provides greater work surface contact for improved user control (fixed base).
- Large plunge base platform provides added stability for heavier applications and sub-base accepts universal template guides.
- Extended 8-slot 1/4" collet maximizes surface contact with router bit shank for a tighter grip.
Compare with similar items
DEWALT DWP611 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router with Dual LEDs
Makita RT0701CX7 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit
Bosch 12 Amp 2-1/4 Combination Horsepower Plunge and Fixed Base Variable Speed Router Kit 1617EVSPK with 1/4-Inch and 1/2-Inch Collets
DEWALT DW618PK 12-AMP 2-1/4 HP Plunge and Fixed-Base Variable-Speed Router Kit
DEWALT DW618B3 12 Amp 2-1/4 Horsepower Plunge Base and Fixed Base
|Price||$180.29||$99.00||$139.00||See price in cart||$207.99||$284.99|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||CPO Outlets|
|Item Dimensions||10.25 x 7 x 19.25 in||11.5 x 5.6 x 7.3 in||10 x 17 x 7 in||19.5 x 6.25 x 14.5 in||24 x 15.88 x 9.13 in||24 x 19.94 x 7.75 in|
|Power Source||ac||ac||electric-powered||corded-electric||corded-electric||Corded – Electric|
Includes Premium Compact Router Fixed/Plunge Combo Kit - DWP611PK
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While I waited for the next weekend, I did some research online and found a lot of anecdotes of the exact same issue happening to other people. I also saw suggestions from people to take it easy on the motor speed, how dialing it over 3 (out of 6) was overkill for most projects and would just overload the motor. I did read the manual ahead of using the tool (shocker), and I was skeptical by those recommendations, because I followed the manufacturer recommendations for the material I was working with.
Come next weekend I was ready to move past my previous setback. This time I was taking it extra easy on the tool, letting it rest longer after cuts (maybe the last one overheat?), making more passes with shallower cuts etc. Well, this time I got a full 40 minutes (non-continuous use) out of the tool before that one died too.
The most annoying part for me was again being set back by another weekend. This tool proved completely unreliable.
Disclaimer: I didn't have any previous experiences with routers, but I did my homework ahead of buying this thing. Besides, I've owned and used several power and non-powered tools for years without anything remotely similar happen to me. This was my first time trying any power tool from DeWalt and probably my last. This actually motivated me to return another DeWalt tool I had just purchased (a circular saw), out of aprehension it would eventually fail too.
- This thing was actually nice to use while it lasted. It felt well constructed (externally), I liked how the acrylic base gave me plenty of visibility of my work piece, the plunge base worked great etc.
- It died so fast that I could just return it to Amazon without having to deal with the manufacturer, authorized service etc.
- Motivated me to go back to my trusted brand and invest more into a cordless router (so much better).
- Unreliable. Delayed my project by two weekends.
Now, I don't consider myself to be so ham-handed that I just broke two of these tools myself out of sheer ineptitude. That said, even if that was the case, I got an idiot-proof router from another brand that not only allowed me to finally finish my project, but also to start several others.
UPDATE 2/3/17: A DeWalt technician told me that a stuck bit is a common problem - apparently with any router. Is that true? He said this router has an "easy eject" collet so I'm supposed to remove it to get the bit out, but the collet is also stuck, despite my putting my entire 190-pound body weight on the wrench. I'm shipping this one back and getting a replacement (meaning I also have to return and replace the bit set because the most important bit is going back stuck in the router). But if this is a common problem, I have strong doubts about this machine. Is there any handheld router not prone to this major problem? Why do they make these things this way? You'd think their engineers would solve this very very basic problem. I've never had that happen to my drill or screwdriver bits.
UPDATE 2/2018: Got the replacement shortly after sending the old one back (go Amazon!) and can now offer a more realistic review. The router itself is very durable. I haven't had any issues thus far with power or functionality of the unit. All locking clamps work as expected, adjustments rings pose no issues. The fixed base is very easy to use and provides increased control on larger projects.
Inserting and removing bits is not difficult.
The only "pain" I have is the fact that shavings go everywhere, but that is of course expected. Would love much more if I had some vacuum assembly attached.
Most recent customer reviews
I am not able to send this to my cousin...Read more