Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DHP Manila Metal Framed Daybed with Trundle, Twin - White
|You Save:||$16.36 (7%)|
About this item
- Multi-functional piece with Victorian finial detailing ideal for small living spaces and accommodating guests
- Product dimensions: 77.5"L x 41.5"W x 41.5"H | Daybed Weight Limit: 400 lbs | Trundle Weight Limit: 225 lbs
- Designed to fit one standard twin size mattress on daybed (maximum 8 inches) and one standard twin size mattress on trundle (maximum 6 inches) – both sold separately
- Sturdy metal frame and slats on the daybed the trundle that deliver additional support and durability. Trundle includes four (4) easy-glide casters – 2 locking and 2 non-locking.
- Ships in one box and assembles easily
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
DHP – a division of Dorel Industries Inc. Our division specializes in a wide variety of ready to assemble furniture for home and office use. With a fusion of innovation and design, DHP brings both comfort and value to every living space.
Furniture for every lifestyle.
DHP, We're the small space living experts!
Whether you’re a busy professional in need of a perfect small space solution for your condo or home, or cool and functional furniture for your dorm or first apartment, DHP has you covered.
Our unique and functional furniture varies from futons (sofas that transform into beds), upholstered and metal bed frames, bunk beds, daybeds with trundles, mattresses and more!
- Trendy Designs
- Space Saving Products
With your needs in mind, our beds are designed to give you the functionality you need with many extra storage options.
Built-In Support System
Most of our beds include a slat system that helps the your mattress stay fresher longer while also providing the support you need without requiring any extra foundation.
Offered in a variety of trendy colors, materials and finishes to fit your design needs, our beds are the perfect centerpieces for your bedroom.
|DHP Maven Upholstered Platform Bed||DHP Janford Upholstered Bed||DHP Dakota Upholstered Platform Bed||DHP Rose Upholstered Bed with Storage||DHP Cambridge Upholstered Platform Bed with Storage|
|Upholstery||Linen, Faux Leather||Linen, Faux Leather||Faux Leather||Linen, Velvet||Linen, Faux Leather|
|Available Colors||Black, Gray, White||Black, Gray||Black, Brown, White||Gray, Blue||Black, Gray|
|Available Sizes||Twin, Full, Queen||Twin, Full, Queen||Twin, Full, Queen, King||Twin, Full, Queen, King||Full, Queen|
|Weight Limit||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen/King: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen/King: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 600 lbs. / 272 kg.|
|Dimensions||Twin: 75”W x 39”D x 11”H Full: 75”W x 54”D x 11”H Queen: 80”W x 60”D x 11”H||Twin: 77.5”W x 43.5”D x 45.5”H Full: 77.5”W x 58.5”D x 45.5”H Queen: 82.5”W x 64”D x 45.5”H||Twin: 80”W x 43.5”D x 39”H Full: 80”W x 58”W x 39”H Queen: 85”W x 64.5”D x 39”H King: 85.5”W x 78.5”D x 39”H||Twin: 80.5”W x 43.5”D x 38”H Full: 80.5”W x 58.5”W x 38”H Queen: 86”W x 64.5”D x 38”H King: 84.5”W x 78.5”D x 38”H||Full: 79.5”W x 56.5”D x 42.5”H Queen: 85”W x 62.5”D x 42.5”H|
|DHP Winston Metal Bed||DHP Jackson Metal Bed||DHP Bombay Metal Bed||DHP Rosedale Metal Canopy Bed||DHP Modern Metal Canopy Bed|
|Available Colors||Black, White, Bronze, Gold||Black||Bronze, White||Black, Gold, White||Gray, White, Gold, Pink|
|Available Sizes||Twin, Full, Queen, King||Twin, Full, Queen||Twin, Full, Queen||Full, Queen||Twin, Full, Queen, King|
|Additional Features||Secured metal slat system Adjustable base height: 7” or 11” Center legs for extra support||Secured metal slat system 11” clearance for storage space Center legs for extra support||Secured metal slat system Center legs for extra support||Center legs for extra support||Secured metal slat system Center legs for extra support|
|Weight Limit||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen/King: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.||Twin: 225 lbs. / 102 kg. Full: 450 lbs. / 204 kg. Queen/King: 500 lbs. / 227 kg.|
|Dimensions||Twin: 78”W x 42”D x 46”H Full: 78”W x 57”D x 46”H Queen: 83.5”W x 63”D x 46”H King: 82.5”W x 79”D x 46”H||Twin: 76”W x 41.5”D x 46”H Full: 76”W x 56.5”D x 46”H Queen: 81.5”W x 62.5”D x 46”H||Twin: 77.5”W x 41.5”D x 41.5”H Full: 77.5”W x 56”D x 41.5”H Queen: 83”W x 62.5”D x 41.5”H||Full: 77.5”W x 41.5”D x 43”H Queen: 77.5”W x 56”W x 43”H||Twin: 78.5”W x 42”D x 73.5”H Full: 78.5”W x 57”D x 73.5”H Queen: 84”W x 63”D x 73.5”H King: 84”W x 78.5”D x 73.5”H|
Do you need extra sleeping space? Do your kids love sleepovers? Then this Manila daybed with a handy pull-out trundle is perfect for your home. The linear Victorian design with rounded finials gives any room a spark of style that’s both modern and timeless. Choose from a white, bronze, gold or millennial pink finish to suit your décor and add a touch of sophistication to any room. The simple yet elegant metal frame is sturdy and comes with metal slats for extra support and ensures air moves freely around your mattress to keep it fresh for years to come. Your kids can read, play and sit back by day, then sleep soundly on the daybed when it’s time for lights out. For overnight guests, just pull out the trundle, which is mounted on four easy-glide casters. All you need are some pillows and throw blankets for a pop of color, and you’re all set!
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Update: No action will be taken. No replacement or refund offered. Three months is the apparent life span of this product.
Update 2: Seller has now initiated a replacement with the manufacturer.
Metal on metal, just like wood on wood, over time will begin to squeak. Such was the case with this bed to the point it was driving me and my guest crazy ... even AFTER tightening the screws as I had done before. I googled my problem in the hopes of finding some sort of relief from all of the squeaking. Someone suggested locating the screw(s) that were causing the noise. After I located the guilty screw on the deck (front left) that was the noise maker, I used the sealant tape which was what was suggested to use to wrap around the screw. It has been a month with no complaints ... NO SQUEAKS!
SHIPPING AND PACKAGING:
I purchased the above on 25Sept2016 and received it on 28Sept2016 (Wed.) It must have rode on a jet stream because I requested FREE SHIPPING and it arrived in 3 days. The box was tightly sealed like a drum with no dents, rips nor tears. Took about 30 minutes just to open the box which must have been sealed with gorilla glue. Be careful if you use a sharp object to open the box. You don’t want to accidentally scratch the surface of the metal pieces. All items needed to assemble the daybed are conveniently located in 1 large box that weighs about 75 lbs.
ITEMS AND ASSEMBLY:
There are lots of tiny little pieces (too many which are PLASTIC) which are included with this merchandise. It takes a little while to figure everything out when comparing the items with the assembly guide. However, everything is nicely labeled. If you follow the instructions carefully, you should be fine. It took me 3-1/2 hours to assemble by myself at a snails pace because I didn’t want to mess up. Let’s just say the percentage factor to mess up dropped dramatically when I took my time and didn’t rush. Please note, I did mess up a couple of times and want to share with you how to avoid the mistakes I made.
1. Do not tighten any metal bolts until you have finished EVERYTHING (including assembly the plastic pieces and attaching the deck to the frame of the bed. This is to make sure when you later install pieces, they will fit into place.
2. When attaching the metal bars for the deck, slide them in at an angle all the way in so that the other end can be aligned into place and rest into it’s ‘L’ position.
3. When attaching the Plastic Plugs (Y pieces) to keep the metal bars in place, bend them EVER SO SLIGHTLY so they will go into the space they are to occupy. I broke a few pieces when just trying to snap them into place and had to contact the seller (they provide their 1-800 number and email as a means to contact them). They were pleasant and within a few days, they sent via UPS my replacement parts. When I figured the method of bending them ever so slightly, they actually went in with ease, giving my sore thumbs some relief.
4. When assembling the Slat Spacer 1 (W pieces), make sure you line them up as straight as possible. Why? When it’s time to attach the Slat Spacer 2 (Q pieces), you want the stress that is received to be as evenly as possible because the Slat Spacers (1 & 2) create what I call ‘the spine’ of the deck (daybed and the trundle). If they slant too much, (I feel) over time since the pieces are plastic they could snap. I’m wondering if these plastic pieces could be substituted for some kind of wired cable.
5. Speaking of Slat Spacer 2 ... when you are attaching them, think of holding hands. The instruction manual states to “press (Q) onto (W) alternating left and right.” In other words, think of it like holding hands with neighboring people ... your body is the Slat Spacer 1 (W piece) ... if your left hand is stretched forward to connect with someone ahead of you, the right hand should hold the hand of the person behind you. DO NOT BREAK THE LINK. In other words Slat Spacer 1 should have the backend of a Slat Spacer 2 (Q piece) to the left side and the top end of Slat Spacer 2 (Q piece) on the right side. If you mess up attaching them, take deep breaths because its tough to take it apart.
AFTER IT’S BEEN INSTALLED:
Now, if over time or after moving the daybed in order to clean/vacuum, you notice squeaking ... don’t worry. Just take one of the 4mm hex keys (one is for the trundle, the other for the daybed) and tighten each and every bolt. That noise will disappear. I actually moved the daybed closer to the wall and then soon after noticed it squeaking. I retightened every bolt and it no longer squeaks. (NOTE: Save enough space between the daybed and the wall in case you need to use the 4mm hex key to tighten the posts.)
I’ve tested this bed for 10 nights in order to make sure it was secure and comfortable for future guests. Boy is it ever! I don’t experience any of my sciatica issues. That “spine” that I spoke of is amazing! However, please note, for added support and because I’m sensitive enough to feel the spine, I had 1/8 inch masonite (a.k.a. hardboard) cut to 36 x 68 inch. from a 4’x8’ piece at my local hardware store for less than $13. (I felt plywood would add too much weight.) The leftover hardboard that’s wide I use to put on the trundle to hold my art supplies (paints, 2 pochade boxes and matt boards). Unlike some people, I did not go with the cardboard from the box for added support because over time, you'll see microscopic bugs which feed off of the cardboard. I went with the 1/8 inch over the 1/4 inch hardboard because it’s lighter (10 lbs. if that) and I didn’t want to add too much weight to the daybed whose weight limit is 400 lbs. (The trundle’s weight limit is 225 lbs.) Speaking of the trundle, it wheels effortlessly on carpet. I just wish the daybed had casters (preferably those that lock) as well.
I’m 155 lbs and have had no issues. I use the bed at night in a spare multipurpose room that one of it’s purposes is to serve as an art room. Sometimes I am inspired to paint at night and do not want to wake up members of my household by getting in and out of bed and/or walking in the hallway. My spouse and I sat on the daybed. It supported 300 pounds with no issues.
As an added note, I looked under the bed while laying on it prior to installing the hardboard for additional support and did not notice the mattress going in between the 2.5 inch space metal slats. I will say this, prior to installing the spine, I did notice the metal slats did bend even with the Plastic Plugs that prevents the slats from sliding out. Make sure you install the plastic Slat Spacers 1 & 2 that make up the “spine”. It does add support.
ATTENTION COLLEGE STUDENTS OR THOSE WHO WILL NEED TO BREAK IT DOWN IN ORDER TO RELOCATE THE DAYBED:
I would recommend to unscrew the bolts only so that the guard rails are no longer attached. Do not try to remove any of the plastic pieces which might break when trying to remove them.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Even though I prefer an all metal daybed, this one works for me and I was able to purchase it for less than $150. It’s not a daybed that looks “girly”. It’s unisex and beautiful that has provided the best 10 nights of sleep ever! I hope this lengthy review was of some help. Good luck!
Top reviews from other countries
I was missing the hardware packages but called DHP and they mailed out replacements immediately.