Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 135 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 143 reviews
on April 14, 2017
Pros: These battery cases keep my D-cell batteries organized in a very compact configuration. The cases are made with quality material that is rugged enough to keep its shape with the weight of a full load of batteries.

Cons: The lid on one of the two boxes I purchased did not stay securely closed. However, I corrected that deficiency by adding a ranger band to the box (rubber band made from bicycle/vehicle inner tubes). I use ranger bands on all my battery cases due to the heavy weight of the case when fully loaded. Save your used inner tubes!!
review image review image
on June 26, 2016
My wife has a ton of seasonal holiday decorations that takes these huge D cell batteries. After deciding to organize my hobby table of all our AAA, AA, C, and D cell batteries that are rechargeable I saw these and picked up a few. A total happy moment being able to organize all our D cell batteries. The latch can be just a teeny tiny finicky since it's a snap lid one time out of four, but it's not enough to ding it a star. They're made out of solid plastic, stackable, and helped keep my 30+ batteries from being "under foot". I'm as pleased as punch! They do exactly what they're supposed to and I wouldn't doubt a saavy organizer or hobbyist could find other uses for them as well. Price was very good and they work. What's not to like about them? I'm happy, the wife finds them easy to use, and I cleared up some space on our hobby table in the spare room. Winner all the way around!
on September 28, 2016
Seems well made and sturdy enough but the latch sucks. It will baaaaaaarly stay closed if sitting on a desk but pick it up or move it at all and the lid pops open. I have a rubber-band wrapped around it and I like the hinge design. Its a little bendy loop and not a crease that many plastic cases like this have. So I really like that and the box seems really sturdy otherwise, but wish it would latch securely. It's honestly a good idea to put a Velcro strap or rubberband around something like this anyway.
on May 10, 2017
Just received it in the mail. Fit all my D batteries just fine. Only big, major problem is that it doesn't snap close. The lid would just pop back open. I could use a rubber band to keep it close but that defeats the supposed functionality of the box. Additionally, that loop is worthless. It is attached to the lid so any force on the loop would just make the lid pop open. It would have been a decent enough box if it just snaps closed.
on September 29, 2016
Battery manufacturers can't seem to be able to package their products so that once opened the container can be reclosed for practical storage. Although some packaging can be reclosed, the batteries will fall over and roll around when moved. This storage box is practical storage. It can be easily opened and closed, and since it's semitransparent the contents can be seen without having to open it. This type of case keeps the batteries in discrete channels so they don't easily roll around. It is not for carrying in your gear bag because the latch is not really secure. If this box rolls around, the catch can easily come open. For storage in a larger box, a drawer or cabinet this box is perfect.
on September 2, 2013
This box is adequate, but the top will not snap closed securely. If you close the top and hold it upside down, the batteries will fall out. I had to place a piece of duct tape over it to make sure it stays shut. I gave it three stars instead of two because it was relatively inexpensive and I couldn't find anything better to hold eight D-cell batteries.
on November 4, 2012
I like these D Battery storage boxes.
I am going to use a few for batteries and I want to use one to hold all 8 of my battery adapters.
They all fit very nice without much moving around inside. I like the separator in the middle but wish they had two more. One for each row of two.
Why, you ask? I purchased some D batteries from a local corner store and put them in the storage box. One of the batteries in the top of the box had a leak and acid dripped on the other three batteries and made them useless. If there was two more dividers in there it would have saved the other two batteries. This is nothing big but would be nice.
Another nice thing about these battery storage boxes is that they are easy to stack if you have more than one of them.
Other than that I think they are a good and safe purchase for D battery storage boxes. Hope this helps someone.
on July 28, 2014
I’ve been meaning to get these battery storage boxes for years now. So, this year when I was going through the camping gear and getting things cleaned up and organized, I knew it was time. I bought these for the D’s and also picked up ones to store my AA & AAA’s. All the current sizes I use for all the miscellaneous camping accessories I have, fans, lights, portable shower, etc. These really are great little storage boxes. I had read some other reviews, mine came with the dividers and they all snap shut tight. You have no idea how great it is to finally have the batteries stored as they should have been all along, and not rolling around in whatever box they just happened to land in because I was in a hurry to get camp broken down! Great idea, great product, just wish I had picked them up years ago like I wanted to.
on July 23, 2016
Handy for storing lantern batteries between uses. No issues with anything yet, but there is not much to the "hinge". Keep the batteries with the lantern so you don't mix types or ages of batteries.
on March 22, 2017
These are excellent storage containers. Batteries usually come in blister packages and once open the batteries are hard to contain.