|Item Weight||14.8 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||7.17 x 6.85 x 2.83 inches|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Area Lighting Classification||IP65|
|Type of Bulb||LED|
Smart LED Light Strip, DISDIM Multicolor WiFi Wireless RGB Strip Lights Smart Phone Controlled Waterproof IP65 LED Rope Lighting, DIY Kit Easy Install Working with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Strip: It works Wi-Fi (only support 2.4GHz) without hub required. You can scan the Q-R code at the end of the manual or search “Smart Life” app in iOS App store or Android market to download. You can control the light anywhere and anytime. Compatible with iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 Plus iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6s /6s Plus, iPhone 5/5s/SE, iPod, iPad, iMac, Samsung, HTC and other smartphones.
- Voice Control: DISDIM smart light strip can working with Alexa and Google Home, speak out your demand by Alexa and Google Home to control the smart strip lights, you can turn on or turn off, adjust the brightness and change the color you want.
- Intelligent and Multifunction function: With 16 million colors to adjust and RGB color control. It has 2 ways to adjust color, you can through smart phones or touch control. It also has programmable timer, set up customized schedules to turn on/off time. You can set up a time to remind you to get up or sleep.
- Easy to Install: LED light strip with adhesive tape and soft design, just need tear out it and install the light strip anywhere, not affected by any angle (can bend). It has 2M (6.5FT) length,you can use it for decorating home, office, ballroom, restaurant, garden, hotel, bar and so on. Especially suitable for Halloween, Christmas, various parties.
- What you Get: DISDIM smart led strip lights and 12 months warranty and our friendly customer service. Please carefully read the user manual before using. If you have any problem, please contact us.
Customers also shopped for
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
DISIM smart led strip lights will give you a colorful life. From the refreshing blue light to the warm yellow light, to create a different atmosphere for you. Smart lighting strip with soft design to convenience to you can install anywhere. You can speak to Alexa and Google Home to control your led light strip. Such as turn on or turn off your light, adjust the brightness and the color you like. You can decorate for your home, bars, garden and so on. Make your life full of fun.
Color Mode: RGB
Lifespan: 25,000 hours
Working Temperature: -10—40℃
Working Humidity: 0%--85%RH
Adapter Input: AC 100~240V 50/60Hz 0.35A
Adapter Output: DC 12V/1A
WiFi Standard:2.4GHz IEEE 802/11 b/g/n
Support Platform: Android 5.0 above or iOS 9.0 above
How to use
1. Place the controller on the chosen position.
2.Mount the light strip at the right place.
3.Plug the adapter in the power outlet.
4.Tab the center button of the controller to turn on the light. Tab the button again to turn off the light. Long press the button to change the color of the light strip. Slide the color circle palette of the controller to select your favorite light color.
1.To prevent injury, this apparatus must be securely attached to the power outlet in accordance with the installation instructions.
2.Smart Light Strip shall remain operable after installation.
3.The Smart Light Strip may not work if there is a radio frequency interference in the operation.
4.You may be required to reset the Smart Light Strip when radio interference occurs.
5.IP65 rating for outdoor use.
6.Keep controller dry and it is not allowed to use in bathroom and other damp locations.
7.Please use it safely. It is not allowed to power appliances over the rated power.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I downloaded the app, not really expecting too much, but it's fairly well designed! I had no issues creating an account and pairing my phone with the strip. Of course you can use the touch-sensitive dial (it's not just a sticker!) but the app is pretty helpful. There are preset scenes and the ability to schedule the lights, but for maximum coolness, you need to hook it up with your smart home.
Searching for the Smart Life skill in the Alexa app lets you install the skill, find/pair the strip, and get everything set up. I originally called mine Light Strip, but found that Alexa had a hard time recognizing that. I named it Color Strip instead and have had no issues. Your voice lets you turn on/off the lights, set a color, and set the brightness.
There's even an If This Then That applet that unlocks some functionality - on my first test, I tried "anytime I get an email, the light turns on red". It worked with an average of 45 seconds from sending myself a test email to the light turning on. There's a way to chain multiple applets with another service called Glitch, but I haven't explored that yet. I imagine you could add a second condition to turn the light back off after a few seconds or something. I wish I had a Harmony Hub so I could cue up mood lighting when watching a movie on my home theater, but alas.
The one downside I can see to this is that the wires to control the strip are a little bulky, and my strip did come slightly unplugged, but I pushed the strip back into its housing thing and it works fine now. I didn't test the adhesive yet, but I never trust them and prefer to add wire clips or hot glue when installing.
- Works pretty well with Amazon Alexa and the Smart Home app.
- The color selector built into the power adapter actually works fairly well. It is extremely sensitive to touch, and it isn't just a sticker. Actually surprised me a little on how good quality it was.
- The colors are very bright and vibrant!
- You can dim the brightness of the lights! This is the feature i love a lot. It adds a lot of value to this product.
- It is waterproof. I personally don't use this feature nor have tested it, but it could be helpful for outdoor use.
- It is very very VERY hard to pair the device to the app and the WiFi network.Took me upwards of 30 minutes. Followed all the instructions which did not help much.
- The device's orange is very strange. Its very green. It looks nothing like orange. Not sure if that is my specific device I got or not.
- The pins that connect the power cord to the actual LEDs came out of the box slightly disconnected. You need to push the cord in further and then the LEDs will correctly function. Not sure why they did that.
- The pins on the power cord that connect to the LEDs all bent on my model. Not sure how or why. I contacted the company, and they were very willing to send a replacement power cord that had new pins. Just something I thought I would mention.
- When I do ask Alexa or even use the app to turn the device on and off and change the color or brightness, the delay is very noticeable. Not sure why it is so big.
The product isn't bad. I have used this product for 9 months and I do use it everyday. It adds nice ambiance to the atmosphere. You can use it to set the mood, or to just have a nice accent in the room. Sure, the product has a good amount of flaws, but at the end of the day, I still use it and enjoy the product.
Do I recommend this product? Yes. Despite all the cons, it still is a great thing to have around.
Would I buy this product again? No. I personally would try a different brand.
Should you buy this product? If you can get past the cons, then yes.
The color wheel used to change colors looks nice but is a bit more generic than I anticipated but it does indeed work well while being more sensitive than I imagined. I’ve tested this for a while and have hooked it up to my app (you’ve got to in order to use full functionality) and I’m thinking I’ll use this as a bias light. While there is not an extension piece on the end, it DOES appear that you might be able to splice another strip of the same configuration to extend it but I’ve not tried that yet and you should do so at your own risk.
The only con that I’ve got concerns the fact I had to hook up the app to be able to change colors. It turned on with the light blinking in pairing mode. That’s actually not bad but I was trying to test it without that at first but I couldn’t until the app was good to go and connected.
In all, a good light with some good light and color reproduction that works with the best assistant; Alexa.
I read online that the reason is it connected to another account and has to be removed from that account, but we never got it connected, so it must have been a returned item.
Well, it will be returned again. This was a horrible purchase.
Top international reviews
The lightstrips were very easy to set-up. They are wi-fi type devices and don't require a hub. I already own a few wi-fi wall plugs and wall switches so I was pleased that I could use the same App on my phone from the other manufacturer to get these lightstrips to work.
I'm starting to think that all wi-fi enabled lights/switches/plugs are agnostic when it comes to the phone app. Probably due to the industry standards on wi-fi devices. So when you buy a device from a different manufacturer and they tell you to download "their" phone app, I think it doesn't really matter which smart device app you are using. I personally prefer the TuyaSmart app. I have 4 different manufacturers devices and I put them all on that TuyaSmart app, even though the different companies say to download SmartLife or Kasa app etc. This keeps your phone device apps to a minimum.
Of course once they are on the phone app and connected to your wi-fi, just ask Alexa to find the new devices and use the Alexa app for their settings. (Actually I noticed lately that you don't even have to ask Alexa to find new devices as Alexa discovers these as soon as they are connected to your wi-fi)
The quality of the lightstrip, power supply and controller (including the wires) seems to be well made. I peeled off the adhesive and stuck them under a kitchen counter and the other I stuck around a big picture frame. The adhesive seems ok. I'll know after a while if it holds out.
At 100% brightness and with white colour selected, the brightness is more than adequate for working under. However these are more or less "mood" lights so if you really need super bright working lights then these might not suffice. I usually keep them around 5% brightness for mood lighting.
The local switch allows you to turn the lightstrip on/off and adjust the colour. From the phone app or Alexa app you can brighten and dim and also change the colours. With Alexa you can use voice too and ask for any brightness level from 1 to 100%. Also you can use voice to change the colour but not the whole gamut, just the following:
Eg. "Alexa, change colour of counter light to" (then say one of the following):
white, red, crimson, salmon, orange, gold, yellow, green, turquoise, cyan, sky blue, blue, purple, magenta, pink or lavender.
It wouldn't make sense to have more voice colour choices as it's almost impossible to remember the names of all those colours when using voice. Though it would be nice in the routine section of Alexa to have the lightstrip change to the full gamut of colours but only the colours listed above are available. If you want colours in between those listed above you can always use the local controller or the phone app.
The lights work great, but if I'm not able to connect it to my network, there are much more affordable options out there.
These also do not work with your Google Home or Alexa as advertised. They require it's own proprietary app, and it's terrible.