Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 27, 2013
First of all - excellent game, has kept the kiddos busy and they really love it...

Enter the parental confusion...play sets, toy box. figurines oh my
Playsets: necessary to enter story mode where you are playing in the figurines world ie: you need that little crystal-looking statue to get there and it is not included with individual figurines
Toybox: alternate mode of playing where you can create things...different figurines have different playing options there.
Figurines: sold as individual pieces or in pairs (Frozen sisters), these complement characters you already own in Story mode and can enter their worlds. (Remember only people from that world can enter their world - no cross world visiting) OR you can use them independently in Toy box mode and everybody can play together depending on your gaming system.

to date the Playsets available that I have found are:
. the starter pack with the worlds of : Monster University, Metropolis (The Incredibles) and The Carribean (from Pirates)
the Cars world
the Toy Story world
the Lone Ranger world

There are many figurines available that I have not found have their corresponding world available yet (12/2013) I am hoping that Disney will make these worlds available soon and that I won't have to repeat purchasing figurines to get that precious little crystal world holding device (cause I won't) :)

So buyer, beware - read your packaging carefully - know what you have, where you can go and what you're expecting to be able to do with it. ie: if you have wii - remember only 1 can play in world mode at a time and only 2 can play in toy box mode at a time. etc... know what your gaming system allows :)
88 comments| 397 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 22, 2016
It's a shame that Disney Infinity is shutting down but this was a really great car kit. At the time there weren't that many female characters so a female car was really cool for my daughter to play with.
on October 28, 2016
Although my daughter loves everything Frozen and she did love these figures, it is a shame that these figures can only be used in Toy Box on Disney Infinity. Anna has a fun pick axe ability, and Elsa has a frozen ball ability. It would have been fun to see these two have their own story and world to play through as I think it would have been pretty awesome, considering what has been done by Disney Infinity already! If your kids are happy playing in Toy Box and love Frozen, then a must have, otherwise I would buy something that has a story instead!
Top Contributor: Petson November 1, 2016
My 7 & 8 year old daughters cannot get enough of Disney Infinity. They love these characters and are so sad that Disney is discontinuing the product line. This is only a toy box pack, not a playset.
on March 18, 2017
Great product! My 7 year old and 4 year old love Disney Infinity! These arrived just as listed in their original package. Very happy kids!
on May 12, 2015
My four year old loves Buzz so we had to get this for him. I wish that Disney could have made the Infinity and Infinity 2.0 play sets be compatible. All of the characters cross over but you have to play the play set on the software it is tied to. With the era of downloadable content I would think you should be able to download updates or patches so that all of the Infinity content would run on the current software but I am just being picky. The play set is pretty fun for the kids and easy enough for my four year old to get around but still has enough challenges to keep my 10 year old entertained. I think most families with children will find this pack to be very fun.
on October 21, 2015
This set started out pretty fun and interesting - any set that has characters armed with guns immediately makes them exponentially more exciting to me (which is strange considering that I'm not a gun person in real life and don't enjoy gory 1st person shooter games). That said, this pack got pretty dull pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, there's TONS of areas to explore, and it's REALLY fun for a while...but then I began to feel like I was doing LITERALLY the exact same challenge multiple times to progress, which got a bit annoying, and quite frankly made me feel a bit like I was becoming amnesiac.
on June 19, 2017
Exactly as expected. Kids love playing with these figures in the game with their specific powers. Lots of laughs.
on June 9, 2015
Comes with the two figures and two discs- background and theme discs. We love the figures. Vanellope is fun. She can actually glitch THROUGH walls and hedges and solid items. Ralph is fun but somewhat hard to control with his fists slamming to the ground. We miss a lot of enemies who aren't in his direct line. I just wish I knew where to get the retro video game music (like Mario-ish). I have heard it before on YouTube so I know it's out there. I was hoping it was in this set so that's a little disappointing. This pack came with the sugar rush background and plays the sugar rush song over and over and over. My kids like it though.
on July 24, 2017
This is not a play set, did not come containing the playset piece. My kids were very disappointed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.