Check Out Our Turntable Store
Need a new record player? Check out our turntable store for a great selection of turntables, needles, accessories, and more.
DISTURBED - THE SICKNESS - CD (not vinyl)
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
The Sickness [Explicit]
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
"The Game" has everything: Great keyboard sound, great drumbeat/bass, knife-edged guitar in all the right places, and a masterful combination of wistful-sounding, melodic, tenor-pitched singing with angry screaming that has all the impact of a kick to the head. And, you can dance to it! (Although I don't dance.) Above anything and everything else on this CD, "The Game" is a masterpiece--of its time and genre.
As I finally got around to playing the rest of the CD, I found that (to my surprise) most of the other songs are very good, and do not sound very much like each other. That really surprised me, because I had found the first three songs I had heard by them to be a bit too similar to each other (especially "Voices" and "Down With The Sickness"). Although similar themes are rotated around quite a bit on the CD, there is much greater variety in the music than I had expected to hear. "Violence Fetish" has a heavy-industrial sound, and the hook line "Bring the Violence/It's significant" is used to good effect.Read more ›
It may not be the most innovative or mature album ever, but this is essential nu-metal and a must have for everybody who has 1990's nostalgia. The bottom line is if you hate nu-metal, it would probably be wise to give "The Sickness" a wide birth, but if you do like this genre and this band, or if you are willing to listen with an open mind, you should really like this C.D.
1. Voices (10/10) - Awesome fast paced song. One of my favs
2. Game (9/10) - This song grew on me untill I would repeat it several times
3. Stupify (10/10) - Tied for my favourite on this CD
4. Down With the Sickness (10/10) - The song that introduced me to Disturbed
5. Violence Fetish (8/10) - Awesome song but I tend to skip it every so often
6. Fear (7/10)- Another song that grew on me, Its great but one of the worst on the CD
7. Numb (10/10) - Tied for my favourites on this CD
8. Want (6/10) - I think this is the worst song on the CD, its still good
9. Conflict (8/10) - This song gets crazier and crazier, I love it
10. Shout 2000 (7/10)- Another song I skip alot, its still good
11. Droppin' Plates (6/10) - This is close to worst song on the CD for me
12. Meaning of Life (9/10) - I really like the ending for some reason
Overall my favourite CD ever. Stupify and Numb are two of my favourite songs ever and Down with the Sickness and Voices are freaking awesome as well. Theres nothing that I hate on this CD.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great rock music from a great rock band. Their last three albums have been impressive.Published 5 days ago by Johnnie R. Mcentire
This was the start of it all for Disturbed with Draiman's distinct, signature voice being introduced to the world. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Oscar Wilde
I really love the Sickness. Every song makes me wanna break stuff or just go wild and have fun. Their cover of shout is amazing. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Marc Getz
This is Disturbed's best album, hands down. I loved this album from the first time I heard it back in high school, some 16 years ago, and love it to this day. Read morePublished 1 month ago by AllUpInYoGrill