Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
DIY Lithium Batteries: How to Build Your Own Battery Packs Paperback – March 24, 2017
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
- ISBN-10 : 0989906701
- ISBN-13 : 978-0989906708
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.31 x 11 inches
- Item Weight : 11.7 ounces
- Publisher : Toll Publishing (March 24, 2017)
- Paperback : 136 pages
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #29,089 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Trouble is they tend to address the how and spend little time on the why. This book is different. It's broadly split into two sections, one discussing batteries and what works best. Call this the "why". The writing is simple and there is NO jargon. That said, the knowledge is very detailed and is essential to building an effective, safe battety.
The second section is the typical "how". I found it a bit simplistic for a typical hobbyist but anyone can build a Lipo using these instructions.
What the book summary says is what you get. You also get useful information on the feeding, exercise and care of your pet Lipo battery
• A paragraph or so on lithium chemistries: Lithium ion, Lithium Manganese Oxide, Lithium Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide, Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide, Lithium polymer, Lithium Iron Phosphate
• Choosing between: Pouch, Prismatic, and Cylindrical cells
• Choosing between 18650 chemistries with model numbers based on trade offs between: Capacity, Power, and Safety
• The basic mathematics of determining your voltage, power and capacity requirements.
It's a good tutorial and reference for lithium batteries and is worthwhile for anyone contemplating buying a commercial battery pack.
Check the table of contents, he delivers on what's promised. A tour de force!
But I am disappointed I was thinking this would have a lot of different diagram illustration on hoy to wire them a long with where to put the balancing wire and I am disappointed there a lot of pages of bla bla explaining the different chemistry and pretty basic info. That won’t help me to build packs.
They should have included MORE diagram on different battery setup from 12v up to 24 or higher.
I was surprised how simple-yet-professional it is.
I have no knowledge in this matter and yet I can say everything is clear and simple,
Top reviews from other countries
DIY Lithium Batteries: How to Build Your Own...
Micah Toll from amazon .co.uk
Turns out I already knew most of it and it didn't tell me what I wanted to know.