DJI Phantom Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter for GoPro
|Price:||$449.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Complete quadcopter and remote transmitter, pre-tuned by the factory and ready in minutes! Just charge the included battery, attach the propellers and landing gear, and add 4 AA batteries to the remote and you're flying.
- Fun flying by itself or even better with a GoPro to record the action. Tested with Hero2, Hero3 and Hero3+ models, sold separately. Produce dramatic cinema-quickly results from the air! Note: Wi-Fi streaming from a camera is not possible because it may interfere with the Phantom's remote control.
- Outdoor flight is made possible by advanced GPS positioning that compensates for light wind. The Phantom has a fail-safe function and can be configured to automatically fly to and land at its take-off position if connection to the transmitter is lost. Note: indoor flight or operation by persons under 18 years of age is NOT recommended.
- With a maximum horizontal speed of 22 miles/hour (10 meters/second), the Phantom lets you capture the action of almost any sport, event or scene.
- The Phantom's high tech Naza-M autopilot system lets you configure advanced parameters via software (USB port and separate download required).
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Item Dimensions||8 x 17 x 17 inches|
|Item Weight||2.2 pounds|
|Legal Disclaimer||Purchaser agrees to comply with all local government rules. Purchaser assumes all liability for damages to property or persons caused by the equipment from proper or improper use. Purchaser will assume all risk and determine the suitability of the product for his or her intended use. Anyone injured or any property damaged by use of this product is the sole responsibility of the user. IN NO EVENT SHALL DSLRPROS, INC. BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATED TO THE USE OF PRODUCTS SOLD. AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES ACTUALLY INCURRED) ON ACCOUNT OF DEATH OR INJURY TO ANY PERSON OR DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY GOODS SUPPLIED. THIS INDEMNITY SHALL APPLY WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE CLAIM, DAMAGE, LIABILITY OR EXPENSE IS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT.|
|Shipping Weight||6.53 pounds|
|Style Name||Base Quadcopter Only|
Ready-to-fly Aerial Filming Rig with GoPro Mount
DJI's Phantom quadcopter is the gear of choice for next-generation filmmakers, extreme sports enthusiasts and R/C hobbyists. Despite all the advanced functions, it's easy to learn, so if you've never before owned an outdoor helicopter, this is the place to start. With innovative features such as Intelligent Orientation Control, automatic navigation back to home and a sleek, integrated design, see for yourself why the Phantom is the rig used by pros and beginners alike.
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
At the flip of a switch, you can change the Phantom from flying relative to its front and back to flying relative to a home point, allowing you to perform sweeping camera motions without losing track of how to make your Phantom go in the intended direction. This innovation is made possible by the Naza-M autopilot and needs to be turned on before using. Using the included USB cable and downloadable Naza Assistant software, you can enable IOC and other advanced functions.
GoPro Camera Mount
The Phantom includes a GoPro mounting case from DJI and holes for the standard GoPro housing (shown at left with the GoPro Hero3+, not included). Tip: use the GoPro's onboard video rotation (flip) setting to adjust for the upside down mounting position.
Special Start Sequence
Simultaneously hold the LEFT joystick to the lower-RIGHT while holding the RIGHT joystick to the lower LEFT. Both joysticks should be pointing down and toward each other. The Phantom's motors will then start and you can let the joysticks return to their center positions. Gently power up the motors for take-off and you're flying! To stop the motors, hold the left joystick all the way to the bottom.
Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount Features at-a-glance:
- Ready-to-Fly design means no complex tuning or "binding"--each Phantom is pre-configured at the factory
- Internal autopilot can return to home and land via GPS automatically
- Transmitter range over 980 feet (300m)
- Compatible with Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal for super stable videos (sold separately, requires upgrade board)
- Up to 15 mins. of flight time with included rechargeable battery
Quick Start in 5 Simple Steps
1. Charge the included main flight battery and add your own AA batteries to the transmitter. 2. Attach the propellers (wrench included), landing gear and GoPro mount using the screws provided. 3. Turn on the transmitter and calibrate the compass (if needed). 4. Install the Phantom's battery. 5. Activate the Phantom using the special Start Sequence shown at left. NOTES and WARNINGS: The Phantom is made to soar and should only be used outdoors. For maximum safety, DJI recommends the use of prop guards, which are sold separately. Proper calibration of electronic compass may be required before first flight. Please follow all steps in the owner's manual and watch introductory videos before attempting to fly. Wi-Fi signals from an on-board device (such as GoPro HERO3+ or other Wi-Fi camera) may interfere with the 2.4 GHz control frequencies and cause the Phantom to lose contact with its transmitter. Please ensure that the Phantom's flying area is free from interference by electromagnetic signals in the 2.4 GHz range, and do not carry Wi-Fi equipment on-board the Phantom. Obey all local and national laws and airspace restrictions, do not operate the Phantom under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and avoid operating in areas of dense population. USB port on a compatible computer is required for some advanced functions; visit www.DJI.com to download the latest Naza-M assistant software.
Please see link below.
Comparing the Phantom (this page) with the Phantom 2 Vision, also from DJI
Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount
Phantom 2 Vision with 14MP Video Camera
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
Ready to fly, includes transmitter and rechargeable battery
Configurable via USB with downloadable software
Includes GoPro mount
15 mins. flying per charge
Includes 14MP/1080p video camera with Wi-Fi streaming and microSD recording
Redesigned propellers for maximum lift
25 mins. flying per charge
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 0:53 Mins|
Okay, this is too cool. First I should state that I have *never* flown a radio-controlled aircraft. Never, as in zip.
What drew me to this was that it's made for use with GoPro cameras, which I already own, and I needed a new way to use the camera. Mine is the original GoPro, and although the DJI Phantom includes an open "basket" to hold your camera, it also uses the same GoPro mounting bracket elements, so I kept mine in its GoPro case (for protection) and hung it upside-down from the Phantom. Anyone with a GoPro camera knows that it's very easy to invert the video ride-side up.
I put mine together after watching the five videos on the DJI site (Amazon deletes URLs in reviews, so I'll add the URL to a comment), but I do recommend downloading the PDF instructions from the DJI site, also, since no instructions are included with the Phantom. Their reason for this is that it's their way to make sure the instructions are always current and up-to-date. Okay, I'll buy that (I guess).
There are firmware upgrades made available via USB, but we Mac-users are currently out-of-luck. You do not need the upgrades except for advanced features (at least for now).
I assembled my Phantom with no problems (again, after watching the five videos) and headed out to a large field. It was fairly breezy.Read more ›
Flight control of the Phantom is vastly superior to the Hawkspy and video resolution of the GoPro is vastly superior to low resolution camera that came with the budget priced helicopter. For a toy, the Hawkspy is a good value for what it does. If you want an entry level, professional piece of aerial filming equipment, the Phantom is hard to beat for the price. My first Phantom cost about $670 and now you can find them for around $470. A really good deal for a quad copter that is well built, is easy to control, and has GPS.
If you read the other reviews, you will find as much technical detail about these quad copters as you want. I've decided to write this review based upon experience and I have several recommendations:
1. With flying time, screws can become loose. Check screws on a regular basis to make sure things are tight.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It has been a few years now and the phantom still remains to be the best entry level quad. I still have this one and it has been crashed a few times. Read morePublished 11 days ago by KandR
Ordered and received this item in August of 2015. Since that time I had flown it approximately 30-40 times. Loved it at first. Read morePublished 1 month ago by John
I flew it 3x, until it went gaga.
So, it was sitting in the hard-case for over 9 months without using it.
Then I need to get some aerials for a film shoot. Read more
After almost 2 years of research I bought this. It's a great drone in general but especially for someone ready to learn or advance with a good platform. Read morePublished 2 months ago by ZG
Do not buy. Cannot connect. A problem that they will not correct. Cannot enter camera view.Published 2 months ago by canejacket
A good starter drone - works as advertised. The company should bring the model back into production.Published 2 months ago by M. Rose