|Item Weight||8.1 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||15.5 x 14 x 8.1 inches|
|Item model number||CP.PT.000168.R|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Refurbished Unit (Certified Refurbished)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The resulting product includes all relevant accessories, comes with a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only sellers who meet a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the free DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
- Fly up to 25 minutes with the included intelligent battery.
- Take stunning 2.7K HD videos and 12 Megapixel photos with the integrated aerial camera and update the remote control first before use.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Phantom 3 Standard is the best way to start enjoying aerial photography, even with no prior experience. With the all-in-one ready to fly design and simple GPS- assisted flight, the Phantom 3 Standard lets you focus on taking great pictures and videos from the sky. With a range of over half a mile and crystal clear live video streaming over Wi-Fi to your mobile device on the free DJI Go app, the Phantom 3 Standard delivers sophisticated functionality with a simple learning curve and an accessible price point.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This thing is great, because it has almost all of the awesomeness, for a fraction of the price of the current generation. Really, the 4 doesn't add much of interest, and it costs easily 3x as much. Buy the 3, you'll be happy you did.
The software is-- fidgety. Sometimes when you turn on Bob, he says he can't find enough GPS signals and has to fly in ATTI (hard) mode. You basically have to reboot Bob and his remote a couple times, and eventually it works fine. Dealbreaker? No. Annoying? yes.
The first run takes forever, because you need to update firmware. But once you get past all the administrative junk, the fun begins.
This thing is super fun to fly. It's fast. And with GPS you don't have to worry about compensating for windspeed, and all the annoying things, you can just fly. The purists will tell you 'you're not a real pilot unless you fly ATTI all the time, raaaaaaaugh' but I think that's silly. You should be able to of course control the craft, and land in ATTI, but avoiding GPS because it's not the "organic experience" is just hipster nonsense.
The features are nice. There's a replacement app you can get that adds all the newer features, and costs only a couple bucks. I haven't tried it, but have heard good things. Photo and video quality is solid. Gimbal works as you'd expect it to. Flight time is better than advertised, presuming you're not flying super aggressively.
Using on a phone-- I'd just avoid it. I have a ProjectFi phone, which flips between WiFi and Cell depending on conditions. This is not something you want when connected to a drone. So you need to remember to turn the cellular radio off. Personally, I'd suggest just getting a cheap android tablet and using that always. Using with the phone is a pain, and tablets are super cheap.
Overall this thing is great, as long as you remember that it's a hobby thing, not a super polished experience. You'll have to tinker some, it's part of the fun. And there is risk. You can literally shut off the drone mid-flight or fly it into a Qdoba. It doesn't stop you from doing dumb things. Generally in life though, the thinks with a bit of risk attached are the most fun. Bob's no exception.
Carefully go through its preflight routine, pay attention to where you fly, check for software updates and don't get careless. I'm looking forward to getting some great footage with this drone. As far as video quality, I started out downloading my footage from my smart phone like I did with my cheaper drone but getting the video straight from the Micro SD card, the quality is amazing. I'm using a small USP plug in card reader. Very handy to use, loads straight into my laptop.
Most recent customer reviews