Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3
DLNA Support? An earlier model lists DLNA under Compatiblility but it is not listed for the new Live Plus HD. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KKFP9Y)
asked by Miles O on June 9, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Wayne answered on June 18, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's not a question of whether DLNA is or is not simplistic. It's a question of whether it works when people use this device, and specifically when people use it with the native capabilities of whatever is hosting or storing the media. Saying what's better sidesteps the issue. It would be better for me to ignore the WD and use a powerful desktop computer attached to my TV instead. Unless you factor in cost. In that case, it's better not to need to find any dedicated server program or anything else that's not included for free.
Wayne answered on June 18, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Paul answered on June 24, 2011

A
Wayne answered on January 26, 2012

A
Yes, it has DLNA support. Weird that it was omitted in the specs.
Basically it's the same as the live non-plus version but with NetFlix support.
O. Prusak answered on June 14, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wayne answered on December 10, 2010

A
I used to use DLNA, but now I ONLY use the network connectivity.
If I had an external HD directly connected, it might be more helpful since I think the WDTV has some indexing features when using DLNA, but all my files are now on my NAS.
O. Prusak answered on December 11, 2010

A
I've been wondering the same thing, only I have Windows XP Media Center. I'd like to be able to DVR shows on the PC and watch them on my regular TV. I'm starting to think I should just have a dedicated PC for the TV.
JIllians answered on December 13, 2010

A
Wayne answered on July 31, 2011

A
Skipping back and forth doesn't work well over DLNA. My Blu-ray player supports that, but it takes longer to figure out the skip location and advance the video stream than the time of the skip. I'm happier with my WD without DLNA. I do wish it could skip 30 seconds, and I'm going to explore if that is possible with wdlxtv firmware.
P. Menchen answered on January 26, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product