Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

DNS For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 28, 2017
This book is worth it... The version I have is from 2002, but the concepts are still relevant. For me the makings of a good book, is one that makes the complex concepts understandable enough so that you can implement real-life scenarios. I now have a home DNS server that my kids will use so that I can monitor which websites they will be able to access. Then I will use my home firewall to block them from using any other DNS server, just in case they try to change the windows desktop DNS server settings. Great book... I was up and running in no time....
on March 11, 2017
Needed another reference, I keep some books at home and others at work for reference.
on March 14, 2015
I would like to be able to give this book 5 stars but it is a little light on the explanation of some of the intermediate level topics. For example, the explanation of the OSI model in the first section of the book makes a few too many assumptions about the education level of the reader.
on March 11, 2013
Starts off slowly and a bit too "dummy" for me but progresses into the meat of the matter and seems pretty thorough. If you are an advanced user and don't like to have to skim ahead get an O'Reilly book. If you are new or was fairly knowledgeable but need a refresher (that was me) this book will do nicely.
on December 20, 2014
A must read guide if you are new to DNS.
You should read the first few chapters a few times .
It will help you with problems affecting you DNS.
Thanks,
Vincent Garcia
on January 22, 2017
good/as expected
on November 18, 2016
Nice
on September 28, 2008
This is an excellent book for both beginners and those with some knowledge of DNS and how it works. It starts with the basics and includes how DNS relates to TCP/IP and the OSI model. It continues with setting up your DNS servers and troubleshooting. It continues on with more advanced concepts and security issues. All this is in a very readable format.
on November 25, 2014
very boring, didn't cover much of anything that would be useful. About 5 pages of the whole book actually explained anything helpful.
on March 22, 2014
I think this book is great because it enables me to understand the topic so much better.
This publisher is great and I would purchase more books from this publisher as well.