DOD TECH LS460W Sony Exmor Powered Full HD Dash Camera Dashcam with WDR Technology & GPS Logging (Black)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Enhanced Night Quality with the New Sony Exmore Image Sensor. 20% larger than our previous flagship sensor to capture more light which improves clarity at night.
- Captures 1080P Videos Under Tough Lighting Conditions - Advanced wide dynamic range processing ensures video is recorded vividly and clearly even under strongly contrasted lighting.
- Sharp Image Quality. Low Noise. The f/1.6 aperture Japanese 6-Element glass lens ensures no details are lost. The large aperture increases light reaching the image sensor, improving clarity at night.
- 8 Hours of Recording Time - 64GB microSDXC cards can be used for a full workday recording once correctly formatted.
- Two Convenient Mounts - Suction & Tape. Suction is easy to remove, Tape reduces vibrations and is harder to see.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
DOD TECH DOD-LS470W+ LS Sony Exmor Powered Full HD Dash Camera & GPS Logging with Polarizing Filter
THINKWARE F770 Full HD 1080p Dash Cam with Built-in WiFi & GPS
Cobra Electronics CDR895D Drive HD 1080P Full HD Dual Channel Dash Cam
Garmin Dash Cam 65W, 2.0” LCD 1080p Extra Wide 180-Degree Field of View GPS-enabled small dash camera includes memory card, G-Sensor, Loop Recording, 010-01750-05
Cobra Electronics CDR855BT Full HD 1080P Dash Cam with Bluetooth Smart Enabled GPS and iRadar Alerts
|Price||$177.41||$236.14||$259.99||$168.22||$249.99||Add to cart to see price. Why?|
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Black||Black||BLACK||Dash Cam 65w||CDR855BT|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 7.88 x 2.88 in||7 x 7.88 x 2.88 in||4.33 x 2.38 x 1.26 in||1.24 x 2.56 x 2.28 in||1.6 x 0.8 x 2.2 in||1.24 x 2.56 x 2.28 in|
|Style Name||DOD LS460W GPS||DOD LS470W+||Bundle w/ Hardwiring Cable||—||Dash Cam 65W||—|
Embrace the lifelike and stunning video quality of the DOD LS460W. The unmatched quality comes from the exclusive SONY Exmor CMOS, Japanese-made f/1.6, 6 element glass lens and advanced wide dynamic range processing. The LS460W helps provide the details you need even under difficult conditions. Simple to use and quick to start.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
DOD TECH LS460W – 1080P
E-Prance D101 – 1296P
Dexors X7 – 1296P
First one I installed was E-Prance (it arrived first) & the results were not good. The camera was clearly out of focus. In the dark, all lights from oncoming cars & street lights & brake lights appeared huge to the point where they blocked out everything around them (including the oncoming car). I could not see license plates clearly either. Tried both 1296P & 1080P.
Next one I tried Dexors X7. Much, much better… Clear picture. No fuzziness. I can see license plates clearly. In the dark they are visible. I won’t be able to tell what the numbers are till the car gets really close, but I can at least see something.
The last but not least, I tried DOD TECH. The picture during the day when there is no rain was pretty much as good as Dexors X7. There were a couple of issues however.
1. The description on Amazon shows that it’s supposed to be able to use 64GB MicroSD card. But the box says it can only handle up to 32GB MicroSD card. I initiated my return to Amazon immediately as the description of the item was clearly wrong. But then I decided to try it out to see if maybe it would still work & just use it for a car that only does short distance city driving.
2. When I tried it for the first time, I noticed that when my headlights are directed at the license plate of the car in front of me, I can’t see that numbers due to pretty bad glare (even in a very well lit parking garage). It only happens when the surface is a reflective surface (like license plate). So not a good thing.
3. The viewing angle of this camera is only 140 degrees. When comparing to Dexors 7 & E-Prance, this camera is really at a disadvantage. On the next trip, I noticed a big difference. On Dexors I see a pedestrian on the right immediately, but on DOD, I only see the person when he is almost in front of the car. So something to keep in mind…
Now about how we compared the cameras:
All cameras were attached to the windshield at the same time next to each other & sometimes were switched places so that our info was not dependent on where the camera was inside the car.
All were set at 1080P. All had WDR or HDR or equivalent turned on. All had loop recording set at 5min. All had Audio turned on.
The only deviation from above was when I tested Dexors & E-Prance at 1296P. No real difference between 1080P & 1296P that I could see. So that only lasted a little while. (I purchased 2nd Dexors camera set to 1080P to compare). I also changed the loop recording to 1 minute & turned off audio.
So all in all, this is a pretty decent camera. It has a clear picture. At night it’s OK, but not as good as Dexors. Also, when raining, it’s not as good either. Please keep in mind the smaller viewing angle & the fact that it doesn’t handle reflective surfaces very well. Other than that, it appears to be pretty well made & has pretty nice software on the disk.
I would recommend it for places that don’t get a lot of rain (like we do) & if you are not planning on doing a lot of night driving. E-Prance & DOD were returned as Dexors appears to be a better camera.
Hope this helps to those trying to find a good camera.
The camera logic has been well thought out, and the playback of collected movies is crisp, clear and with lots of detail. No disappointments there at all. I suppose where this model comes into its own is the 3200 ISO, which allows VERY GOOD low light recordings to take place. The camera has WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) capability which makes all the difference for night trips.
Knowing that we have this "witness" in the car at all times provides peace of mind should issues arise. Highly recommended!
The bad part is that, it only takes up to 64 GB sd card and saving the videos on the camera itself is a headache. I work a 12 hour shift but the sd card only records about 4 hours. I don't always have time to save the video right away so I run the risk of losing valuable video. If there is a simpler way to save video, I am open to suggestions. Once you save a video it will be saved on the camera until you delete it. Time change is a bit of a puzzle too but that's not as complicated. I also tried to download the software that comes with the camera but have not been successful in using it. We use Windows at work and I have a Mac. Neither have successfully installed/opened the software. I am very curious what all you can do with the recorded videos using the software.
Overall, this is a great product. The only downside, mainly, is the amount of data that can be stored. If you're looking for quality video for day and night, you found it. Right now I blew the fuse to the power cord and am looking for a replacement. Even if the cord could not be purchased separately, I would buy this camera again.
I mailed it back for repair, knowing it was out of warranty. DOD Tech has had my camera now for over a month. They are refusing to return calls or emails. They answered their phone ONCE but repeated attempts to teach them at their customer service number only go to voicemail.
I swear only 2 people work there or they are inundated with phones calls about their products crapping out after a year or so.
Avoid this manufacturer like the plague until their customer service improves.