DODOcase for iPad 2 (Red)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made for iPad 2/3/4
- Handmade in San Francisco
- Bookbinding Techniques
- MacWorld iPad Case of the Year
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Case Construction Made from black Moroccan cloth and constructed using traditional book binding techniques in San Francisco, the cover of the DODOcase for iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 is designed to fold back to be used as a stand. An elastic strap keeps your iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 protected while on the go. Offering a new solid core bamboo, complete with a four-piece tray design, the DODOcase perfectly matches the curvature of your iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 while providing access to all buttons and ports. Style and Function The DODOcase for iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 is designed with angles appropriate for both typing and video functionality, as well as for easy in and easy out for the use of the new rear facing camera feature. Borrowing from the familiarity of a book, the DODOcase Classic offers functionality, style, and sophistication to your new iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2. DODOcase will keep your iPad 4, iPad 3 & iPad 2 protected and you looking sharp.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have recently began to notice small tiny tears of the red cover on the spine when the case is flipped. This could be due to the stretching of the fibers but you'd think this wouldn't, occur since its the primary method of using it to type with.
Secondly, I've notice that my pad no longer sits snug into the bamboo encase ment. The bumpers provided do not have a substantial life span; they tend to sink into the groove on the bamboo causing the iPad to lose contact with them allowing the pad to easily fall out without hesitation. Pretty much, in other words, it loses it's grip on the iPad.
While these are minute details, these are details that make me reconsider if the cost of $60 is really worth the quality of the product. With having this product for only several weeks and to not see it holdup to the potential the dodocase website states, I questions whether I soon will be in search once again for a more reliable case that will hold my pad in place while adding the much needed protection we require for such a delicate product.
Lowered rating from 4 stars to 2.
Since I first purchased my case about 5 months ago, I have had two replacements; I'm now on my third. The reason? The bamboo encase ment is poor quality. On both of my cases, the bamboo has split. After e-mailing customer service, their response was something to the effect of them being fragile. If you keep it in a book bag or something of some sort, these things will happen is What they said.They've been very good at replacing it, although, before replacing it the second time, they suggested using glue to fix the issue. I mean that is a fix, but a cheap fix at the cost of a $60 product. All in all the case is beautiful and unique. Unless someone starts to market a protection case for your dodo, don't expect this thing to last.
In the meantime, Im on the search for a new case.
I noticed in some of the reviews people are not happy with the typing position, but I find it very adequate. I will open it and fold the back over to type on; and will also prop it up on a solid surface to watch videos or type with a blue tooth keyboard. It basically is like a book; it does not give the same positioning options as some of the other cases but makes up for it in quality.
The only downside I can think of is that you need to remove the Ipad from the case to use the camera.
A few weeks ago I noticed that the bamboo frame at top of the case had 2 hair line cracks. The case had been treated gently and the Ipad still stayed securely in the frame, but I was worried that it would eventually fail so I wrote to the customer service folks at Dodocase. They immediately responded asked for photos. After reviewing the photos, they sent me a new case and only asked that I destroy the old one. Although the first case needed to be replaced, this is obviously a quality product and the company stands by it.
I will buy cases for my family and friends as gifts this season; I highly recommend both the product and the company.
1) It looks great and is discrete. It makes the iPad look more like I'm carrying a book than an iPad. Nice.
2) It protects very well. I think I could drop the iPad on concrete in any way and it would survive. I doubt the case itself will fare well with the bamboo lining - but that's partly what will protect the iPad - the case will absorb the fall rather than the iPad. With Amazon selling it for $30 - I'd be fine having to replace the $30 case as long as the $500 iPad is ok.
3) It is easy to carry.
3) It's very functional - for me. I use my iPad mode mostly in book/portrait mode viewing gmail or FlipBoard - or in landscape mode typing. This case works great for me in landscape mode because it gives my iPad a bit of an incline/lift which is great.
I love the case. I have had it for a month, use it a lot, and have had no problems.
1) Free-standing Functionality: The case can't really sit upright on a smooth counter without propping something behind it - it will slide down. For me that's not an issue because rarely do want to do that - the only time I have noticed it is when I'm trying to follow a recipe on it.
2) I don't know if the case can really handle having the iPad taken in and out. I determined when I first put the iPad in the case that I wouldn't take it out - because I think the rubber corners that hold it in will become less snug. For me, that's not a problem as I have no need of taking it out - but for someone who wants to take it out or to use the rear camera - this could be a problem.
3) Rear camera access - there's no way to use the rear camera when the iPad is in this case. Again, for me I could care less about the rear camera, but I'm sure some people use their camera a lot - if so this is not the case for you!
Overall, I would suggest that you will love this case if the three "potential problems" above don't describe functionality that is important to you.
Most recent customer reviews
I love my DODOcase!!!!
its terrific! wonderful design and of great quality!