DOWN UNDER OUTDOORS Large Waterproof Windproof Extra Thick Quilted Fleece Stadium Blanket, Machine Washable Camping Picnic & Outdoor, Beach, Dog, 82 x 55 (red/blue/green) Festival Baseball Folding Rug
|Brand||DOWN UNDER OUTDOORS|
|Color||Blue / Gray|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||82 x 55 x 0.25 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- NEVER FEAR THE WINTER WEATHER AGAIN stay warm and dry in the bleachers, while lovingly supporting your kids at the football, soccer, hockey, softball, other sports or family event, boat, festival, or enjoying the great outdoors; your all purpose blanket has a tough blue water and wind resistant polyester backing and gray 300 gsm anti-pill polar fleece to give you the best cosy feel
- NO MORE STAINS ON THE COUCH your XL lightweight blanket can save you from life’s little or big mistakes by being a moisture barrier to unwanted spills; be aware the soft plush fleece side is not water resistant; spread the mat under the baby high chair indoors, or put it on the car seat for the dog or pet to travel on; then just throw it in the wash and roll up for storage in its stuff sack
- WHY OUR BLANKET ultrasonically quilted, the 2 layers can’t slide on each other, maximizing safety; at 2.9 lb of quality materials it is THICKER THAN THE OTHERS in this price range; a special double coating has been sprayed in between the 2 layers to stop water penetrating from the blue side, making it waterproof in most situations; a secret zip storage pocket for the stuff sack and it is backed by our lifetime warranty; if your unhappy with your blanket, EVER, send in for replacement
- YOU DESERVE A BREAK head down to the park, spread your picnic mat for your little ones to play on; take a good book to the beach, sit and watch the big surf roll in; or wrap yourself up and be the warmest person around the camp fire; use it in your tent to cover your sleeping bag on those cold nights
- WATCH THE SUNSET IN COMFORT WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE show them you care about the little things, be prepared with your extra large blanket, go for a romantic picnic and pop your keys in side the safety of the weatherproof pocket; it is Australian designed with integrity; if you ever have a problem with your blanket there’s no need to worry because it is totally covered by our lifetime warranty, as we say in Australia, “She’ll be right mate"
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
WHY DOWN UNDER OUTDOORS?
- Ultrasonically Quilted. Our leak proof quilting prevents the two layers sliding on each other, solving the risk of slipping over when stepping on the blanket.
- Thicker Fleece. We have increased the thickness of the fleece on all our blankets by 20%, from 250gsm to 300gsm.
- Waterproof / Windproof. The polyester waterproof backing is internally coated with polyurethane, making our blanket waterproof in most situations. If liquid is allowed to pool on the non waterproof fleece side for several hours, some moisture may be drawn through the backing.
- Secret Pocket. The perfect place for your stuff sack, keys and phone.
- Machine Washable. Wash on a gentle cold cycle and tumble dry on a low heat.
- Extra Large. At 82 x 55 inches there is plenty of room for two.
- Oversize Stuff Sack. Just stuff it in, or fold it in four lengthwise and roll it up.
Stay warm and cozy at the game. Use it for padding the seats, or for protection against the wind and rain. Cuddle up with a friend in comfort!
Who says adventure has to be uncomfortable? Whether camping, boating, tail gating, at a concert or your favorite sporting event, our blanket makes your day better!
Plenty of room for two! With its extra large size there is always room for two at the beach. A really good shake easily gets rid of the sand.
With its waterproof side down, wet grass is no problem. The soft, durable and high quality anti pill fleece gives you plenty of comfort.
Pet Blanket and More......
Protect your sofa or bed from unwanted messes. Also helpful in the car to protect your seats or trunk, or as an emergency travel blanket. Extremely versatile! Use it to cover the pool table, picnic table or put under your child's high chair. Use it to cover the stroller in case you get caught out in the rain. Keeps sleeping bags dry from condensation when camping. There are so many ways you can make our blanket, uniquely yours!
Down Under Outdoors
We are a small family business based in Australia. We love the outdoors and are regularly up in the mountains enjoying the rivers and forests. We have always been campers and appreciate quality camping and outdoor equipment. We are known for our honesty and integrity in what we do and hope that our products make things a bit easier for you. We strive for excellence in everything we sell, keeping the quality high but still affordable.
Enjoy the great outdoors!
Geoff and Cath.
Product detailsColor:Blue / Gray
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 82 x 55 x 0.25 inches; 2.9 Pounds
- Date First Available : January 5, 2018
- Manufacturer : Downunder Products Pty Ltd
- ASIN : B07BNSRKM6
Best Sellers Rank:
#10,356 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
- #11 in Camping Blankets
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We thought we would test how waterproof it is ourselves.
I got the hose out with one of my kids hiding under the blanket and sprayed the hose on full all over the blanket for 5 minutes.
He came out completely dry, that's waterproof enough for our needs.
I also purchased a Oceas waterproof blanket to see which of the two is better. The Down Under brand wins for softness and quiet (does not crinkle at all so no sound issues) but Oceas wins for wind blocking. The Down Under brand has quilting and I think it lets a tiny bit more wind through compared to the Oceas. I would still recommend the Down Under blanket as an excellent solution to preventing wind and rain and providing warmth while you are at sporting events. My husband has adopted this one because he doesn't like the slight kinkling noise the Oceas one makes.
The first thing I did was wash this and while taking it out I found a couple of bugs at the bottom of the washer. I won't say they came with the blanket but I won't say they didn't either. Good thing I washed it first. Actually washed twice because some of the soap didn't come out the first time which I suspect is because of the way they treated the fabric. The seller claims you can wash this but only mentions that it should be cold water on gentle. Nothing about detergents. My guess is that you don't want to use bleach of course or anything acidic; just a mild detergent. If it can't handle that, then what good is it. This type of washing won't get rid of most bacteria or viruses. If you have small children, I would suggest adding an antibacterial soap when you wash it and/or using a blanket over this. I don't believe it's healthy to raise children in an antiseptic environment but when a kid is sick it does no good to keep exposing them to the same cold source, or spreading it to yourself or other children. Just commonsense.
I live in the desert southwest so I don't care that much about the waterproofing. I bought it to go along with a portable cabana we got last year. It's really handy to have one of these cabanas in the desert but ours has no floor to it so I needed something to lay over the ground. But, I have to laugh at some of the sellers comments. The fabric is treated with a chemical to make it waterproof. In my experience, all products that are created that way do not last forever. Washing it 10 times and then running water over it doesn't tell you anything. The only good test is time and conditions. Anyway, for kicks, I did my own test. I made a pocket of one corner of the blanket in the sink, poured some water in the depression and waited. Same test the seller describes in the Q&A except my blanket was only washed twice. Two hours later the blanket was soaked thru while they claim after 12 hours nothing leaked thru. The blanket I got is not waterproof at all. If you're in a cold rainstorm this will not keep you warm nor guarantee you won't get wet; it will keep some of the rain off but not for long. As for wind, it will make a better kite than protect you from the wind, particularly since there's no snaps, straps or anything to keep it from flying away except you're own two hands.
As I expected, this is more of a picnic blanket than something to keep you warm at night in the outdoors. Also as I expected the outer cover is not rip/stop fabric. When I was shopping I decided on this blanket instead of the another product that was made from rip/stop fabric and now I'm not sure that was the right choice. Time will tell. The difference is that with ordinary fabric you can get a tear and it can rip a large area but with rip/stop, the tear is supposed to be limited considerably because there is criss cross stitching in the fabric. I'm not referring to the stitching that holds the pieces together but the fabric itself. I didn't choose rip/stop this time because this blanket is a bit bigger and the seller promises lifetime replacement. I'm not going to ask for a replacement if the blanket rips, whatever the cause, but if the stitching or fabric comes apart in the climate where I live, I'll certainly be complaining to get a replacement or my money returned and hopefully the seller will honor their word.
This didn't come with a material sheet so it's unclear what chemicals they used to treat the fabric. Any kind of fabric that has been promised to prevent stains or promises to be water resistance/proof is typically treated with toxic chemicals. This applies to everything from blankets to furniture to clothes and so on. Yeah, yeah, I know, we're all exposed to toxic chemicals all the time and I don't want to get in a debate over the health hazards. I just think that people should be aware of what they are getting and manufacturers have an obligation to tell you this. Just because you're not ingesting their products doesn't mean that the chemicals don't get into your body, or into your kids.