Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kwik Tek DP-46 Case for Cellphones, GPS and Mp3 - Yellow / Blue
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on June 6, 2010
I've been using this with my iPhone while kayaking and couldn't be happier. The iPhone fits perfectly inside. I keep the lanyard attached to my PFD and stick the whole thing into one of the PFD's front pockets. Its waterproof and gets wet on occasion, but I haven't seen any moisture or condensation inside. I took a hard dunk when hit by a wave but the phone was perfectly dry.

I can talk on the phone and also use it to get weather and tide info and with MotionX GPS. Overall, I don't have any issues using my iPhone through the plastic. I did drop a small silica pack on the bottom to absorb any stray moisture. Because its exposed to sea water, I rinse the outside and the top after using it and let it air dry.

My only complaint is that back is blue so I can't use the iPhone camera, but not really an issue since I also carry a waterproof Sanyo camcorder...
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2012
This thing doesn't let any water in, I tested it for 12 hours underwater in a large bowl with a 5 pound weight on top of it with paper towels inside. The paper towels were taken out, completely dry. I then proceeded to use it with my Galaxy S 4G and took it out in the full blast bubbling hot tub, played some games, watched some videos with it, dunked it a few times just for the heck of it; no hints of any moisture came inside the Dry Pak. This thing keeps your device perfectly dry!

Now the buts:

- This is where the 1-star deduction comes from:
It's pretty hard to get your phone into the Dry Pak, not because of size, but because of the rubber surface inside the pack. As you try to slide your phone inside, it will resist you all the way in... the rubber deathgrips the back and front of the phone. My phone has a smooth plastic backing, unlike another reviewer who had a RUBBER backing which was stated to make it impossible to get the phone inside, I now believe this to not be an exaggeration at all. It takes me a good 1-2 minutes to get my phone inside the Dry Pak in the position I want, you have to do all kinds of maneuvers and shakes, which is a hassle. Now getting it out is a bit faster, about 30 seconds. DO NOT try to brute force the phone out, it will pull against the siding and possibly rip them, you'll have to squeeze the sides and shake it out. For me it goes like this: *shakeshakeshakeshakeshake**it moved!* *shakeshakeshakeshakeshakeshake**it moved!* *shakeshakeshakeshakeshake* *It's OUT!* finally.

- When completely submerged, my touchscreen will not function, since the water is "touching" the whole screen. This isn't a fault of the Dry Pak, though. Other phones might work if they use a different touch screen input method (i.e. capacitive, resistive, etc). If I want to take pictures, I'll have to adjust it so I can control the camera with the volume/power buttons, obviously using the front-facing camera unless I want pictures of blue shades. When not submerged, drops and streaks of water on the surface of the Dry Pak will interfere with your phone in different ways, but it does not happen often enough for me to download an app to lock the touchscreen. Bonus: you get get to see your screen's pixels with water drops magnifying it, pretty cool!

This product is an easy 5-star if it were easy to get the phone in and out, this is my only gripe with the Dry Pak. I do not have any issues with the plastic lock system (yet?).
on August 4, 2007
Last year, while at the beach, I was knocked down by a big wave and ruined my cell phone, having to spend $100.00 to replace it. This year, me and my cell phone will be safe. Have tested it in the pool and it does what it says it will do. It's water tight and floats, which makes me very very happy.
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2011
I read mixed reviews about this product so I conducted a science experiment before I placed my phone into harm's way. I cut out a piece of cardboard and submerged the pouch for five minutes. The cardboard stayed completely dry. I then added some weight in the form of AA batteries to mimic the weight of my phone. After 5 minutes underwater they too stayed completely dry. So- I held my breath and added my iPhone. Not only did it stay completely dry- I could still use it thru the pouch so I did not have to remove it while kayaking or boating. Having this device offers me a great peace of mind for my electronic gadgets.
on September 2, 2008
Background...
I'm going off on a cruise and anticipate some water-related off shore excursions. So, I was looking for something that would protect our passports in the smallest available size, since I'll be wearing this around my neck.

The listed size of 4 x 6 in is INCORRECT. The width is off by a little more than 1/4 inch! The length is basically on point.

A US passport is just shy of 3.5 inches in width so I figured I have enough leeway with this case.

Lucky, with a bit of manipulation I was able to squeeze two passports in but it is a rather tight fit and hopefully the seams won't be compromised.

I am yet to test the functionality of the case so I can't comment on how well it works.

Just want to give consumers a heads-up and help with the decision making process on purchasing this item. If I was to purchase it again for the same intended needs, I'd go up a size. For this discrepancy I gave it 3 stars. Hope this helps.
1313 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2008
Colorful, lightweight, and waterproof (so far). Got mine to put a small camera or cell phone in while kayaking. It's on the small side, which is good for a compact item like a phone or camera that you want on you all the time, and the carabiner and neck loop are a good idea. Easy to use cam-lock type closure, which works, although I regard this design as more splashproof than truly waterproof, in that I don't think I'd risk submerging for extended periods. Otherwise only limited only in that this is pretty much a one-item case, so if you're looking for something to hold several items, this isn't it. It's also fairly tight for most items, so it's not really ideal for taking something in and out a lot.
on April 7, 2010
Slightly bulky, but that's a no-brainer trade-off for a true dry bag (no more ziplocks for me) that fits my phone (Motorola Droid) perfectly. You can actually activate the touch screen through the plastic, too.
on May 13, 2011
i was a bit sceptical about putting my Droid 2 in this and hoping it would wouldn't sink. welp, it works!! i had my phone, some cash, and my ID in it going to a pool party at Caesar's Palace. i tested it at home in the sink before leaving, and it floated! i was happly surprised. my stuff was safe all day at and in the pool.

Great Product!!
on March 29, 2016
I purchased this case to take with me on vacation to Fort Myers Beach, Florida. I mostly kept my credit card, debit card, driver's license, and hotel room key in it. When I did go kayaking I put my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) in it. Your phone will work through the case and you can take pictures through it, though if the plastic on the back is smudged as mine was from sunscreen, then your pictures may come out a little foggy! :)

The case did what it was suppose to do and none of my belongings inside of it got wet, though I did manage to get sand EVERYWHERE, though that was my fault, not the case's. I still have sand in my luggage.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to take their phone or cash into the water with them as this will protect it. I will say though I never tried submerging the case and phone under water. I would definitely seal it tight and test it with some paper in the case before doing it with someone that could get permanently damaged like your expensive phone.

Review Disclaimer: I did not receive this product at a discount, nor was I asked to review it by the manufacturer. I'm simply giving my experience with the product in hopes to aid others in their decision making process.
review image review image
on July 1, 2015
This worked perfectly during our recent vacation. My iPhone 5s (in an Otterbox) fit perfectly. I was able to take pictures and even video UNDERWATER during a snorkeling trip. I've added a photo of our guide holding a starfish in his hand. The phone was absolutely dry. I am very pleased with this purchase.
review image