Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DRT (A Ghost Story)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

on December 5, 2012
This is the second book I read by Eric Thomas. I thoroughly enjoyed his first book, but I have to admit that I liked this one better. The story is so chilling, so grueling, and it engaged my attention completely. I didn't want to put it down. The anxiety and depression felt by Greg are rooted deep in his past and cause him to shut the world out slowly, until he is an invisible man of his own making. The conflict of emotions he felt after witnessing the traumatizing accident that he feels he could have prevented if he was paying attention are absolutely real and compelling. It is perfectly understandable that he is seeing the ghost of the deceased man, if he is indeed seeing it. Is the ghost real? Or is this his manifestation of guilt over an accident he feels was his fault? Is his subconscious forcing him to face and resolve his long time problems with depression and thoughts of suicide? Or is this man who died as a result of his negligence really looming over him from beyond the grave ready to take his life? He feels like this ghost is going to do him a favor by killing him in seven days, until he starts to investigate the life of the dead truck driver and realizes that for the first time in a long time he wants to avoid death. This psychological thriller will have you questioning the truths of Greg's perceptions and second guessing your own belief in ghosts. The descriptions are intense and tangible, the plot twists totally enthralling.
I was given this book for free in exchange for an honest review.
on February 2, 2013
Eric Thomas has real talent. He writes with an irresistible combination of creativity, humor and sensitivity. Everytime I had to pause and put this book down, I was eager to get back to it to see what would happen next. This is not your typical ghost story, which makes it unique and even more fun to read. You may not even like the main character at first, but keep reading, and you'll be rewarded in the end. Eric Thomas' writing style is sensational, his descriptions flawless. His characterizations reveal humans as they truly are, whether foolish, vain, self-centered, frail, lovable, dangerous, helpless, or just plain amazing creatures. His observations of human nature are right-on. You won't be wasting your money on this one. I recommend it heartily for entertainment value.
on February 21, 2013
An engaging story of a man whose anxieties has led him to a solitary existence, that is, until a ghost demands him to take action or die.

Eric Thomas is a talented writer with a unique ability to create true to life characters. The unexpected twists had me turning the pages into the AM hours.
on May 16, 2013
Mark Lee's Review

My emotions concerning this book are all over the board. There were times it read like a 5 star book that you just can't put down while other parts didn't hold my attention as well, sort of like a 3 star book would do. Overall, I enjoyed it, so the 4 star rating seems appropriate.

Some parts of the book could have used a little more polish, while other parts were pure awesomeness. There would be a scene that captured my imagination, the details vivid, but followed by a page or two of conversation or internal monologue that just didn't do it for me. However, to the author's credit, he always brought me back, each chapter (just about) ending on a cliffhanger and usually a good one that made me say "oh wow" out loud.

In addition to some of the conversations not capturing my attention, I didn't particularly like the format used. There would be an entire page of dialog with no other descriptions, of either the dialog or anything else. The technique is used for rapid conversation, but I personally find it slightly annoying. Half way through I'd lose track of who was talking, having to go back and retrace the conversation. Occasionally identifying the speaker would have helped, not to mention streamlining some of the banter.

One thing I think the author did extremely well was simile and metaphor, particularly simile. As mentioned already, not only would there be a scene that captured my attention, the details would be assisted by a well placed simile. For example, take the following quote.

"[...]her gaze drifted up to the ceiling as if there was weight attached to the back of her head."

Or, how about this one?

"Buried alive and I had just come to terms with the uselessness of beating on the coffin." (figurative, not really buried)

Those and many more like them made the story fun to read, because not only was the plot interesting, these additions made it come alive.

Review Disclaimer: I picked up the book for free on Amazon. The author did not request a review.
on November 4, 2012
DRT (A Ghost Story)Eric Thomas
Thriller/suspense

Greg is an overnight traffic reporter. He is a loner and leads a boring life. Until that night he witnessed a fatal accident. He feels guilt and believes that the accident was his fault.

Soon he starts to see the ghost of the dead driver. He is being haunted by an angry dead man. At first he is not sure if it is real or a dream. He decides to join a group therapy session for people with anxieties. But all the members accept the leader of the group find him creepy and the story bizarre. He starts to question his own sanity.

He begins a quest to find out what the ghost wants of him, and why he was chosen to be the "haunted one". What he discovers is tragic and his life will never be the same as he continues on his quest to fulfill the ghosts wishes.

A fantastic read. I could not put it down. I was hooked from the first page until the last. I look forward to more work from Eric Thomas.

I also recommend his first book : Fall of the Citizens
on May 2, 2015
This was a short story, but one full of twists and turns that kept me reading. It was very different about a man who worked nights reporting traffic issues over the radio. Greg starts out as a shut in who only really leaves his house to go to work. During the day he is sleeping and trying to deal with his horrible anxiety.

The book really takes off when he fails to report an accident to someone who calls and asks if the roads are clear. Greg forgets that there is a stalled car on the highway, and the semi slams into it, killing the driver. The driver comes back to haunt Greg, stating he has 7 days to solve his unfinished business or he will die. At first I thought about the movie, The Ring, and how it is a somewhat similar premise. But it is mentioned in the book! Sylvia, his therapist compares his issue to the movie.

There are several twists that caught me off guard. There are some spoilers, so don't read ahead if you don't want to know ----

Sylvia's real job was unexpected. The fact that she turns out to be a massage therapist instead really made the story come full circle. Also, Draven! I was shocked to learn his "role" in the story since he started out to be likable. I guess that's how most psychopaths are described though.

I like the way this story ended. I'm glad that Greg got over his anxiety, came out of his shell, and his life got much better. Him and Sylvia staying together is great, and though most of the book is dark and spooky, at least it ended with him making good of his life and helping stop child prostitution. Great book - I recommend it.
on October 28, 2013
Any author that acknowledges his dog automatically gets 1 star right off the bat as far as I'm concerned but in all honesty DRT rightfully deserves the 4 stars I'm giving it. Greg is a traffic reporter that witnesses a horrible accident which in at least in his mind is because of his negligence. Jerry, a truck driver is DRT - Dead Right There as a result of the accident. Unbeknownst to Greg, Jerry had some very important unfinished business at the time of his untimely death. DRT, while a little slow in some parts has a good twist that becomes a haunting and a crime thriller combined. DRT was a pretty good read & I would read another from this author.
on October 4, 2013
A good read of a ghost story, but most unusual. Greg's character exhibits traits many of us have faced so he is relatable. Fiction readers will enjoy this book as much as ghost enthusiasts, and maybe mystery readers, too. A really good story ties all the loose ends up, and DRT does so admirably. The odd beginning may make you wonder, but stick with it. It's well worth the read. T. Talley
on October 8, 2013
This book was a Kindle freebie that sounded interesting. Truthfully, I didn't expect much. I thought the story was well written and engaging. I couldn't put it down in places. The writing was good. I have to warn others that there is some strong language and a couple of fairly graphic scenes of violence, but all in all, I thought this was a good book.
on October 14, 2013
This story was a complete surprise to me. As some one who reads the dictionary if there is nothing else, I got this book with little 'real' interest. Then I started to read it. Wow! I am pleased to say it is and awesome read. I wondered through out the story what the ghost was really after. Please take time to read DRT and you won't be dissappointed.