Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on July 10, 2017
I used a Dry Pak waterproof case in Bonaire for a week - no problems. On my second trip I reached around and found the purse missing - swam to shore, and sure enough I had an empty strap around my neck and arm. I searched the water and the shore and couldn't find it, so my credit cards and vehicle keys were gone. A Bonaire Stinapa Ranger came into the parking lot - I explained my predicament. He called Budget Rental for me, and within an hour they pulled in with another vehicle, and drove my first one away. I had other credit cards in the safe in the room, but ended up having to pay $300 for a key replacement on the vehicle.

This has happened to others that use the Dry Pak case - the carabiner that connects the case to the strap comes open. The solution is just tie a piece of string around the strap and into the slot on the case - a second means of securing it.

The rest of this story is I got a call from BarclayCard 63 days later. Someone picked up my water purse on the beach near Quintana Roo, on the Yucatan Peninsula, and called the number on the card. It had floated over 1200 miles without sinking!
on March 30, 2009
I use this little pack for carrying my ID and some money while snorkling. This saves me from having to worry about leaving my stuff on the beach while I'm in the water. I can attest to the pack being waterproof to at least 20 feet deep. The waist belt that came with it fit fine (I'm a 40 waist).
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is one of those items that you need when you need it and then don't need again for a long time. For snorkeling while on vacation and not feeling secure about leaving stuff on the beach it is the answer. Warning: don't overload it or you will get a leak. Luckily I always put my stuff in a ziplock bag inside but if it gets too heavy it will leak. I have used this several times on vacation and even though I don't trust the water proof ability it does come in really handy if you can't leave stuff on the beach.
on March 4, 2012
I needed some waterproof bags for an upcoming snorkeling and diving trip. These bags are advertised as waterproof so I purchased two larger bags (4X6) and a smaller bag. You might say I was surprised when they arrived and I learned they are not waterproof. The instructions clearly point out they are not to be used for below the water surface as they are not truly "waterproof." Rather, they are to used at water's surface. To test them, I put a piece of paper in each of the bags and placed them underwater and left them there for about 20 minutes. When I opened them all, all three pieces of paper were wet and the interiors of the bags were all wet as well. These are not waterproof bags. Do not be mislead by the advertising.
on December 16, 2011
I purchased this Pack to take on vacation in Hawaii where my husband and I planned to do a SNUBA trip and some snorkeling. During our SNUBA the Pack was in my husbands pocket submursed to 20 feet for a 30 minute period. When we got back to the boat he checked to see if there had been any leaks. We were pleased to see that not a single drop of water leaked into the Pack and everything was dry! We continued to use the Pack many other times over that week snorkeling and the Pack held up over many openings and closings and never leaked. The Pack is a good size to hold ID's, money and a few other small items. We have used other products that did not do what they claimed, but the Kwik Tek Dry Pack is a great product and a good value.
on June 12, 2014
I bought this to be able to safely store my wallet and electronic key fob for my car while kayaking. The type of dry bags that wrap around and seal with Velcro are only half a solution as then I need to come up with a way to secure them to the boat.

With the Dry Pak I can use the clip or run a line through the handle area and have a secure connection. I have doubts as to how long the clip would last in salt water and so use a lanyard instead along with a nylon clip. With the metal carabiner clips I have used in the past all have had their springs rust to the point where they would not keep the gate closed.

The size is perfect for my needs.
on April 26, 2015
I used this for my money and credit cards to snorkel while on vacation for 3 days, no issues. Money didn't have a drop of water on it. I was even diving a few feet under while snorkeling. On the fourth day, we decided to put a cell phone and wallet in as well. Disaster. Cell phone ruined. The entire bag filled with water. My guess is that the wallet was the problem. Too big/heavy. However, I'll never know. I wouldn't trust this to protect electronics. It does float.
review image review image
on June 30, 2017
This is a great little waterproof bag with belt however the clip was broke when it arrived and the belt could not be used without it. Didn't realize this until we disembarked in Jamaica. Bummer. Will definitely buy a stronger clip because it deserves a second chance. Nice size, great design and worth the money!!
on September 27, 2010
Ok so i purchased this dry pack after reading reviews about how it doesn't work and how it leaks at times and that the directions clearly state not to submerge it into water, even though it advertises that it is completely waterproof. After reading these reviews, I still went for it and this is what i found:

First you have to consider that it is less than a $20 purchase. The product is actually built pretty solid. The quality of the plastic isn't cheap and the nylon belt isn't cheap either. The only component that I'd have any complaint about is the aluminum clip that attaches the bag to the belt. I had a fear that it might open up during my snorkeling sessions so I solved the problem by putting some duct tape around it to make sure it doesn't slip open.

The next fear was the water leaking in. SOLUTION: i put my stuff in a little plastic ziplock and then put it in the bag. Worked like a charm. Yes, the bag leaked a bit at times, maybe a couple of drops, but even if it leaked a lot i was protected. The point of this bag is to serve as a fairly decent waterproof package that you can connect to yourself using the belt. It wasn't too much of a burden for me to just bag my ID, money, coins, passport, etc. in a ziplock and stuff it in the bag. I'm very satisfied with the use i got out of the pack and look forward to using it again.
on August 1, 2011
First, it came on the mail faster than expected. During our vacation we were at a waterpark and the beach for 5 consecutive days and the Kwik Tek Dry Pack really worked for us. We put a camera, some tickets, cash and credit cards in there. It's not too small or too big, it's just the perfect size to protect your valuables. You can either use it with the belt or just hanging on your neck. I do recommend to put your electronics in an extra ziploc bag just in case because even though my items never got wet, some drops may occur when you're opening the dry pack if it is still wet. But other than that, this is a great waterproof dry pack. Loved it!