Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 87 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 90 reviews
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2014
I've been looking at replacing an old point and shoot camera for a while and thought that I'd splurge on the new RX100m3. Getting a bundle helped cut down costs in getting the accessories that I'd normally need.

The camera is amazing - quick, responsive, fast lens, great sensor size and everything a semipro needs when they don't want to drag their SLR around. I can't say enough good things.

The kit itself came with a 32gb Class 10 SDHC card, 2 batteries, a Sony carrying case (that was slightly different from what is shown), a screen protector and other stuff that I already have. One interesting thing is that I learned is that if you shoot in the Sony XAVC S video format, you'll need a 64gb sdxc card but that's not bothersome quite yet.

I don't think the camera is gray market - it came in a retail box and everything looks legit. But since I bought it through Amazon they'll protect me (I hope) in the event it is.

Overall I'm happy and I think you would be too. This is the best pocket camera out there but at a premium.
on October 23, 2014
The camera is amazing.

The package, while essentially containing free stuff as it was the same price as the camera alone, does leave a little bit to be desired:

The case does not fit the camera. You have to cut out the middle partition to get it to fit, which was pretty easy to do and results in a case that fits nicely, but still an oversight. Even the image on the card for the case shows a much smaller camera without a protruding lens.

The SLR hand grip is clearly for larger SLR cameras and is useless for this camera. Whatever, I gave it away.

The memory card is the best part, because you need one, and this one is pretty big.

The memory card wallet seems unnecessary, but it's not a bad product.

The little tripod is actually decent for what you pay (basically nothing).

The two cables are short, but they work.

The extra battery will be handy, but I haven't tried it. I'm assuming the car charger works, but I'd prefer a charger that plugs into the wall. (EDIT: turns out it's both a wall and car charger. So yay!)

The little package of screen protectors, lens cleaner, microfibre cloth, and q-tips will probably come in handy as I didn't buy a screen protector for the camera. You will definitely want one as you can't turn the screen inward, so it's always exposed. You have to cut the screen protectors to size though. They aren't made for the camera specifically.

The separate lens cleaning pen seems all right, but I could probably just as easily clean it with the microfibre cloth.

And finally I haven't tried to use the "high speed" memory card reader, but it is cool that they included it, since it takes multiple types of memory cards, including the one in the package.
on August 3, 2014
I've only had the camera a week or so but definitely enjoying it. I did want to let people know that while the description does not list all the items, I received everything pictured - the tripod, HDMI cable, card reader, etc.

As far as the camera - it is pretty easy to learn the basics although the manual leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not sure how to get the Wifi feature to work or how to use a lot of the other options. The manual includes enough to get you started but that's about it. I'll be going online to try and find more.

I have a DSLR and do miss the zoom capability when using this camera. The 70mm just doesn't do much, even less than I was expecting so it was a bit difficult to adjust to. But the small size makes up for it for me as I wanted something easy to carry for quick trips or when going places and lugging a 5 pound camera just doesn't sound fun. A nice feature that our son loved to use, is that when you flip the screen up 180 degrees for the selfies, it has a 3 second count down. We even used that countdown in order to take a group photo!

The picture quality appears to be as good as the ones from the DSLR however I am not a professional. Just my opinion.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase.
on September 28, 2016
All around fantastic point and shoot camera.

Pros:
Extremely well made (in the Sony store the salesman was yanking the camera around by the flash to illustrate this point. The flash will snap back into place and function as expected)
Variety of accessories (including an extra battery, large SD card, and portable tripod.)
Amazing color composition on the pictures be it in Auto mode, Intelligent Auto mode, or the multitude of settings built into the camera
Compact
Good price once you factor in all the accessories its a good value
Good battery life
Good zoom

Cons:
Most of the accessories are cheap quality
The camera is a bit pricey on its own
Not sure about the viewfinder

Conclusion:
This camera has been with me to India, Europe, and back. Its taken a fair beating during my travels but I haven't encountered any issues so far.
on August 1, 2014
What you basically get in this kit is the camera itself, which was already $798, plus everything you'll need to maintain and enhance the experience of having this camera, for zero cost. This feels like the deal of the century for a new camera. I almost paid $860 at a local store for just the camera, and it wouldn't have come with the memory card, extra batteries, carrying case, tripod, cleaning equipment, screen protectors, etc.

The equipment from Focus isn't the highest quality stuff, but, you're getting free stuff. Plus, for what it's worth, the cleaning equipment proper is more than adequate for not just a compact camera, but for a DSLR and lenses. I am very impressed with this kit. I am seriously wondering how Focus can profit off this Amazon deal. It's that good.
on July 12, 2015
I bought this camera because I wanted a point and shoot digital camera which would give me good photos and have minimal shutter lag, which was my primary complaint about my previous camera. So, I paid more than $800 just for the improvement on shutter lag. Now I have a camera which gives me much less zoom (no digital zoom and only 2X) and a flash that doesn't work due to some internal error (E91:01) that has plagued Sony digital cameras for almost 10 years and they have been unable to fix it.

Since the error occurred after 90 days, the seller has no responsibility and Amazon also will not help. Sony takes your information and forwards it to their third party service contractor who sends instructions for returning the camera with a fee of $306.50. No guarantee the error won't return either.

I'm still looking for a camera which will give me quality point and shoot, and minimal shutter lag, and doesn't include unsolvable flash and digital zoom problems such as in this Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Digital Camera. I assure you I'm going to stay clear of Sony electronics in the future.
on August 23, 2015
this is my standard camera for filming anything quickly. video looks great and nice wide/fast lens. the lens on this camera is better than my canon lenses. however, getting exposure right and being in focus is difficult to tell on such a small screen (and small eyepiece). auto focus can be slow and lazy and I have recorded things and found out later they were out-of-focus when viewing on the computer. for exposure I learned how to set the zebras where I know what is going on, this helps immensely. but if you are in a challenging high and low light setting, do yourself a favor and do 2 takes, one with locked exposure at your best guess (better to underexpose the darks than over-expose the lights) and the other with auto-exposure and let the camera automatically adjust exposure up and down. you can connect it to a tablet so its easier to see focus using the Sony Memories app, but that is not ideal for run-n-gun shooting.
on July 27, 2014
This camera is really good at everything. For someone whom is really good at taking photos it makes you really great; for someone who is bad at taking photos it can make you good. It is expensive, but it is worth the price.

Pros-
Easy of use, low light capabilities, WIFI and NFC, resolution, viewfinder, display, flash, and almost everything!

Cons-
The camera is a little heavy (but just for a point and shoot), price (but worth it), it is a little big for a point and shoot (but again it takes pictures like a high end camera)

For me this camera is the best of both worlds. It takes high end pictures in a point and shoot size. The greatest thing about this camera is that I do not have to ever connect it to anything. I have a spare battery and a cradle charger, so no plugging it in to charge. I have the NFC and WIFI setup so that I can wirelessly send pictures to any of my computers or phones, so no connecting to transfer photos. That in itself makes the premium price very worthwhile for me.
on November 22, 2014
What a fabulous camera! I upgraded from the Rx100 which was already a great camera but liked some of the new features on this model. Having a viewfinder/ eyepiece is really helpful if it's bright out its hard to see with the LCD monitor alone. This model also has an adjustable LCD monitor which is nice. The flash has a small switch to open it. This camera has superb quality of 20.1mp and many different settings. It can be left in the fully automatic two settings or manual, shutter and aperture along with a few others. I have been playing with the "photo creativity" and having fun taking different kinds of photos including black and white. You can shoot photos in raw or Jpeg or both. I can't wait to try out the movie feature. I love the wireless feature that enables me to easily transfer a photo to my cell phone. I'm just giving a few of the highlights, this camera is a joy to use and fairly easy to learn even if you're just an amateur. I got Alexander S. White's book Photographer's Guide to the Sony DSC-RX100 111. It is a fabulous book loaded with all sorts of good information! It's well written and easy to understand. I highly recommend it if you want to learn all there is about this camera. I look forward to taking this camera on an up coming international trip instead of having to lug along my bulky heavy camera equipment!
on February 27, 2015
The camera is very good and the pictures are outstanding. Focus delivered the camera and the other packaged products within 2 days. I am very pleased with the products and the fast service. I am totally satisfied with the service from Focus the seller. There are two limitation with the camera, no touch screen and slow motion viewing of a movie. This is even if the movie is recorded in XAVCS at120p 50m for slow motion - the camera will not play the video in slow motion. I had to search and download a viewer for my PC that would allowed me to view in slow motion. Even knowing these limitations I would buy this camera again. The view finder works great. With all of the power and flexibility of this camera, there are YouTube videos that show how best to best administer the menu's. Also, there is a help display for each of the menu selections - which are many. All of the expert reviews are very positive and as an amateur, my review is excellent too.