Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: DSLRKIT D-BH109 AA BATTERY HOLDER FOR PENTAX K-R KR K-30 CAMERA bh109
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on July 7, 2014
I bought this adapter to go with my new Pentax K50.. I upgraded my camera from the Pentax K200D; the one thing really I liked the most about my K200D was that it took "AA" batteries, so I knew no matter where I was I could find someplace to buy "AA" batteries..
So when I bought my new Pentax K50 which comes with a rechargeable battery, I knew this was a must have to give me the flexibility I wanted...
on June 10, 2014
Getting the SHOT is about always being prepared and having options when others have few to none. I brought the Pentax K30 camera mainly because it is a great camera for my needs. What also sold me on the Pentax K30 is tha fact it tallows use of the K-30 CAMERA bh109 AA Cell holder. The bh109 AA Cell holder allows the K30 Camera to use of standard AA batteries. Cheap AA batteries are worthless. If you attempt to use cheap AA batteries in a quality Pentax K30 you are in for huge disappointment. However as I said getting the shot means having options just as having a number of good lenses insures you are prepared for any optical challenge having battery options gives you maximum flexibility when you simply can't afford to run out of power.

AA batteries can be had anywhere. Duracell is a great AA battery that lasts a long time even in the power hungry Pentax K30 camera. Best thing Duracell is almost universally avaialble in any convenience store or hotel in the developed world or not so developed world. I am not saying you want to stop using stardard Pentax K30 rechargable batteries for your everyday photography. I am saying a great picture hunter has more than one option in powering the camera taking the pictures that are his life's blood. The man with the optional backup plan that includes an AA battery alternative for his Pentax K30 is more likely to be there and ready when others may need and lack this awesome option.

I want to get that special shot and when circumstance has most others ill prepared. I want to always have a backup plan to insure I'm ALWAYS READY with a camera containing frash batteries and buying the K-30 CAMERA bh109 is my insurance against being caught powerless while holding a first rate Pentax K30 camera in want of battery power. Now me as a saged Yosimity Sam might say, I just hates being powerless don't you?!
on June 20, 2014
Okay, so this isn't the highest quality battery holder on the planet. Frankly, it's sort of flimsy, and I always wonder whether my batteries are going to go in / come out well. Still, for the price, how can I complain, really? I can buy a half dozen of these for the price of one "official" Pentax AA battery holder, and I somehow doubt that the "official" holder would last six times longer than this one.

Some people have complained that these cheap off-brand battery holders don't slide in/out of their cameras easily. I haven't had that problem with this holder loaded with Sony Eneloop batteries and my Pentax K-50 body. Maybe I'm lucky, I dunno...
on January 9, 2014
This is an inexpensive battery holder for Pentax cameras that works just fine for me. We have a Pentax K-50 and have no issues with this product.
on May 18, 2014
Decided to take my camera at last minute, charger was left home so I couldn't plug it into my inverter in the car. IO had charged up 2 sets of batteries for mt flash and put some in the adapter and kept shooting after low batt warning.

GREAT ACCESSORY!!
on June 17, 2014
I was hours from home when I realized I hadn't packed the charger for my K-r. I have been wanting the AA adapter for a long time, and went for this instead of Pentax's when I saw the reviews and amazing price.

The product description claims this will "double the shooting time." It won't, but I did get about 1/3 of what my original battery can do for each set of four AA's. That's fine by me since I will be using this only as an "emergency" backup. The fit is a bit tight for the AA's themselves, and took a tiny bit of effort to insert and remove them. Also, the second set of batteries I put in read as depleted within a couple of minutes, but showed a full charge again after I removed this holder and popped the batteries in and out again to make sure they were positioned correctly.

I'd love to give this five stars based on price and that it does work. I'm giving three stars because it's finicky and, while I knew AA's probably wouldn't last as long as a full charge on my K-r's original battery, I expected a little more life out of them based on this product's description.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2014
Came on time. If you look at this battery holder and the one from Pentax you will see they are the same except for the metal on top of the battery holder by Pentax. Put it works just as well as the Pentax.
on December 9, 2014
At a fraction of the cost of the Pentax brand, this battery holder works great. The only difference between this product and the Pentax brand, beside price, is that the Pentax battery holder has a small metal tab at the base of one end. But I haven't seen any performance issues with the lack of one.

I will probably buy another one so I can quick-load a set of batteries if they run down on a long shoot...sort of like Dirty Harry reloading his Magnum, well, maybe not.
on July 22, 2013
It took a little while to get here but it is a strudy battery pack and I am very satisfied it will meet my need when called upon to do so. I also just ordered a second one for my daughter. I am very satisfied.
on August 18, 2015
This lil adapter works perfectly with my Pentax K-50. Its a nice replacement to the brand name. Ive had it for 3 months and no issues so far. Definitely worth the money, having the ability to use regular batteries if your main battery dies and you forget the charger.