Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on January 7, 2016
This is one of those you get what you pay for type products.

First off, if you expecting an OEM battery you can spend 6x what this one costs to get those standards. I call these my back up batteries that I use first while on a shoot or out in the field.

I have 2 Canon OEM batteries which can be recharged for years, have no problem communicating, and are my reliable sources of power. Along with those 2 OEM Batteries I have 4 of these inexpensive batteries that do the job when my shooting is a little more flexible. They probably hold about 80% of the charge an OEM battery has and after a 12-18 months I expect my camera may stops communicating all together or it will no longer hold a charge. That's the nature of the game.

However, if you go into this purchase knowing that then you shouldn't be surprised if one dies on you. When you're out in the field and you need power I recommend using your OEM battery last and using these batteries first. They will more than likely give you all the charge you need for your shoot however you have the added insurance of an OEM workhorse sitting in your bag ready to go if you run out of juice. With one exception, don't rely on these batteries during a "no second chance shoot". Meaning I wouldn't have these batteries in my camera during the wedding ceremony or the start of a race, however if you are doing staged shots or won't be affected when the battery runs out of juice and you have to switch batteries then you will be fine.

Again for the price they are offering these at you can have 5-6x the power in your bag, however they do not replace the reliability of an OEM battery, so don't assume they do.
on January 7, 2016
I bought 2 and they worked fine for a few uses... they never indicated their charge level on the 1DX however. Now one will not even charge anymore and simply blinks green in the charger (won't calibrate either) and the other works but holds much less charge then a few months ago. Not worth the money or risk!
UPDATE: Now neither will charge or hold a charge. Not worth the money!
on March 9, 2017
works as it should
on January 4, 2016
They admittedly cliam this battery is coded and shows the battery level. This is a lie, I purchased two of these batteries and neither one shows the battery level and I get a warning error that reads cannot communicate with battery when I put them in my 1DX.
on January 6, 2014
Update: 2/08/14. Out shooting pictures of birds with the 1d Mk IV and I noticed the shutter started dragging. One can tell by the sound. The battery said it was still fully charged. I swapped it for the original Canon Lp-E4 and the drag stopped. Looking at the images in Lightroom showed all the images that day shot with the DSTE battery were over exposed by 1-5 stops. Researched on the Internet and the dragging seems to be a common problem on some non-Canon batteries and photographers have reported shutter failures due to non-Canon batteries. Not sure if this was the case, but I am not taking any chances on ruining a $4000 camera. DSTE customer service was very accommodating and said they would replace or I could return the battery - to China. Cost of shipping for me is more than the cost of the battery so it will go into the battery recycle bin. Ended up buying a Canon Lp-E4n to replace it so I did not save any money. DSTE indicated in an email that the battery should be fine. So maybe mine was just a problem.

My original 1d Mk IV's Canon LP-E4 is down to a moderate level. I notice when I go shooting, while still adequate capacity, it shows some depletion after a short time of shooting. I decided to get a spare battery. The DSTE battery I received says it is 4400mAh (instead of the listed 3400mAh). I have been shooting with the DSTE battery for about a week and the camera still indicates a full charge. Also when I received the DSTE. I put it on the charger and it indicated 50% charge. So I calibrated it and fully charged which did take about 12 hours.
Pros: High capacity
Works like Canon's
Appears to have similar rubber sealed gasket as Canon's battery
Fits well
Cons: We will need to see how it stands up in the long run
Took about 2+ weeks to receive from HK
on April 27, 2016
Works great!!!! Provides plenty of hours of clickng without any issues. Second battery I have purchased and I would actually ef. Buy a third if upgrade units again. HIGHLY RECXOMEND.
on October 14, 2016
Works just as well as original
on January 26, 2016
These work - thats all you can ever want. Maybe another one or two. That's it
on September 2, 2015
Doeson't stay charged as longer as the Well Brand names batteries.
on April 15, 2015
Advertised. Great shipping
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.