Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 315 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 337 reviews
on April 13, 2013
I've had this for 4 months now, and my daughter's Nintendo has been dropped on hard surfaces multiple times. It has saved it each time. Would highly recommend for those who have little ones who try to be careful with their electronics but just can't. Wish they had it for her tablet. The only thing she didn't like was the color/design - not very girlish.
on January 24, 2013
I bought this in the hopes that it would protect my daughters DSiXL from her little brother's many and terrifying abuses.(He's autistic.) It lasted about two weeks. Significantly shorter life span than I expected from anything I'd refer to as armor. My biggest complaint (and the majority of the problem) was the undersized hinges that popped off far too easily. From there, the back portion did a great job of staying on, but the front half had little to no staying power and I'm constantly putting it back together. Overall, this is a good idea, but it was poorly executed for this size of DSi.
on October 11, 2012
Both my kids, 7 and 5, have DSI XL's and I have Nerf Armor for both of them. Yes, the armor is bulky, but provides great protection for the price.

Also has a place to store the larger stylus.

I did have to buy a second one for my oldest because the soft part started pulling off the plastic. I was about to fix it with some super glue, and dropped it (without the DSi in it) and the plastic near the pivot broke making it useless. I knocked off a star for the soft part separating from the plastic. If I could, I'd give it 4.5 stars. Still highly recommended for young children with a DS.
on June 16, 2012
I so missed the days of tossing Nerf footballs and beating my friends senseless with Nerf bats. Now I can confidently do both with my Nerf DS.

The bad: Be careful if you plan to remove this case at some point, particularly where the top case attaches. I could easily see someone breaking the hinge on their DS, because the inner case feels a lot more rigid than the DS. Also, you won't be plinking this case in a dock, but but you knew that.

The good: It's thick, squishy, bouncy, and nerfy enough to survive WWIV. There will be no need to survive WWIII, as all countries involved will surrender in awe of your Nerf Armor. This case also has a place for storing the large stylus, and greatly improves grip over the flat DS.
on October 1, 2011
I picked this up for my 7 yo son knowing he was going to drop his DS a few times. The fit was perfect and it holds tight to the DS unit without glues or adhesives. Does not restrict unit functionality, access to ports or opening and closing. All this at the slight but worthy cost of thickness. Trying to squeeze the DS into a small carry-on luggage bag along with everything else is not as easy as it once was. Still...worth it, especially when the inevitable drop happened. The DS was protected, but the cover did pop off a bit. If the drop resulted in a tumble then the cover may have come off entirely. A drop of silicone caulk on both sides of the cover fixed this but resulted in a 4 star rating instead of five.
on July 20, 2013
I wasn't about to trust my 6 year old with an expensive electronic device (DSi XL). So we purchased one of these for added insurance. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Extremely well made - fit like a glove - solidly protects the DS. HIGHLY recommended.
on February 23, 2012
This is the second time that I have bought this case. The only reason I bought another one is that my son was incessantly picking at it and it was missing a few chunks. When we took off the first case to replace it, the DS was like new!! & my sons pretty rough. Hands down the best case out there!!!!
on February 18, 2011
Love the NERF cover! We got it for my son's DSi XL and it fits great and looks cool. We bought a silicone cover for my daughter's DSi XL and it's pure junk. I highly recommend the NERF over the silicone! NERF really adds lots of protection as well! ***UPDATE*** I've had to order a second one because the 1st one kinda fell apart. Really the kids "picked" at it. It still works great to protect the DS but I ordered a new one just because the 1st one looks junky now. Still a great product. Just got my youngest her own DSXL and ordered the case for her too. I just wish there were more than 2 color choices.
on January 4, 2012
I love this product! It most certainly adds bulk to this item, which can be tricky for little hands but it's worth it. The only problem I see with this is it feels just like a nerf football. I don't know if you used to do this but, as kids we would tear little pieces of them off until there was an oddly shaped "football" remaining. As you can imagine this is what I caught my nearly 4 year old doing. It is a wonderful product if you can keep your child from tearing it to shreds. Happy Shopping
on March 15, 2013
Some chunks have started to fall off after 3 months of use. My son is pretty easy on stuff despite being a boy, so I was a little surprised that some small chunks have started to fall off.

I'm only taking one star off because it still fits his DSi XL perfectly and I feel is more protective than other cases out there & he can still easily hold it & play his games without taking the console out.

AND, it seems to me all my nerf toys as a kid had little chunks of foam fall off - who doesn't have a nerf football that isn't missing a small chunk or two? :)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.