BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on July 6, 2011
I have been an avid Amazon shopper for years. Never once have I (selfishly) written a review for a product. After purchasing this simple tongue scraper, tonight I am ending that streak.

Before today, my tongue had (unknowingly) never seen the light of day. That's right. For YEARS, my tongue had been a whiteish-covered organ. It was more white-covered than pink. It looked like it had been born permanently stained with streaks of vanilla ice cream (as long as I can remember).

I thought I was just born "different". But deep down, I secretly envied the wet, pink, glistening tongues of others. Over the years and with countless attempts of desperation, I scrubbed and scrubbed my tongue with the fronts and backs of toothbrushes, all to no avail. I resigned myself that I would always be a freak, I would always be the outcast with a white-splotched tongue.

Until tonight.

I skeptically opened the tongue cleaner and went into the bathroom. Sure, I had read all of the other ecstatic reviews, but I was different. Momma didn't raise a boy with no pink tongue, no sir, and there was no way it would change now.

I almost chuckled at the absurdity of even trying this, as I raised the scraper into my mouth. "I've been through this so many times, so many years...", I thought.

I opened my mouth and rested the scraper at the back of my tongue, giving myself one last look, almost as if to say "It's ok Stewart, one day others will judge you not by the color of your tongue but by the flavor of your breath." But then I remembered that my breath was probably caused by my tongue, and cried.

I shook my head as I looked at myself, giving me lonesome one last sorrowful look, trying to let myself down easy... and started scraping.

As I pulled the gentle scraper down across my tongue, I couldn't believe my eyes.

"What is that??" I asked myself. It continued piling up on the scraper, I dare not describe its feature. More and more, it continued to pile up... Was not my tongue in its barren and dry state just a moment ago? Wherefore doth this infernal material spring forth from? What manner of sorcery does this device command?!

The scraper rolled off my tongue, my eyes following it down the mirror as I lowered it to the sink, washing off what I thought must have been residual dragon saliva, hiding in the nether caves of my taste budduals.

I looked back up to the mirror, into the nefarious cave of the mouthlock, the home of the white wildebeast.

"What is this.... Are not my eyes deceiving me?? Dothfore I not see a pinkish-red plain that was therefore not there before???!"

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I HAD FINALLY UNCOVERED WHAT MY SOUL HAS CRIED FOR FOR YEARS -- A PINKISH-RED TONGUE!

I was freaking out of my mind. I put the scraper back in and started scraping like a bug-eyed Californian goldminer in 1848, giggling gleefully as I hopped up and down with childish delight. Scrape, scrape, scrape -- the sins of my tongue coming off with each gentle scrape.

I probably scraped for almost five minutes. When I finally cleared it all, I stood there in front of the mirror with my big ol' tongue hanging out like Lassie's on a hot summer day. I was laughing and shaking my head, watching that big beautiful pink tongue that had shamed me for so many years laugh and play in his pinkish-red wonderland.

Maybe I'm going a bit overboard here. But I just can't get enough -- I have literally been going into the bathroom JUST to unfurl my tongue before the mirror so I can admire it, like rolling out the red carpet to Nirvana, watching it sway back and forth like the pendulum of the divine, with myself still wide-eyed and wondrous of the miracle of Dr Tung.

I'm anxious for tomorrow, when I'll surely be over-zealous in showing off my new "look" to others. I even catch myself pondering how I can garner as much exposure time for my new "pride" as possible. I have visions of me jumping up on my coworkers desks and rolling out my best "Gene Simmons".

I then imagine my colleagues leaning over to each others' cubicles, whispering their shocked surprise -- "Goodness gracious, have you seen Stewart today? Something's different about him... Something's different, alright, and whatever it is, I LIKE IT."

[Short version]: BUY THIS SCRAPER. It will take years off your tongue and add them back upon your life.
5150+ comments| 3,061 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2016
Excellent scraper portion--just the right size and sharpness. Rubbery handles get moldy though, so tear them off. Saves weight and bulk for travel, too.
review image review image
on April 27, 2015
I have always wondered if these work or just a gimmick. So I have used this for a month and here is my evaluation

I do think there is some value but for the average person probably not a life changing difference. People that have a tendency to collect food debri on their tongue will see a value. I brush my tongue everyday so I feel that I was ok before.

After I use this I do look at the device and see somethings removed but not every time. If you are brave and low gag reflex you can reach back and get more but still it would depend on the person. I am also a little afraid to really drag this across my tongue with force so I only use a small amount of pressure so maybe that would make a difference.

The instructions are simple and easy to follow. This tool probably creeps people out but it is simple and I will continue to use it.
on July 8, 2016
This extremely affordable and hygienic product is a game-changer i scrape my tongue all the time now is part of my regimen and my mouth feels so much cleaner and healthier I do it before using mouthwash this product is excellent because you can rinse it under scalding hot water to an Essence disinfect it I have had mine for so long and it keeps going and going and going you can flip it over and use different sides as well I have done research on tongue scraping and so far everything I have read comes from reputable sources and says this is an integral part to overall health
on August 11, 2017
1. The steel scraping surface is a bit short on length, so it impacts user comfort. There is an another product available that has a longer steel blade length, it may work better for you, if you are set on this type of design.
2. This design is not good as the other designs of similar products. This requires that you have to open your mouth wide and this is less convenient for sub adults.
3. Other products are more comfortable and do an equally good job.
I wish I could return it but understandably returns are not an option for this type of product.
on September 14, 2015
I can get so much gunk off of my tongue by using this! My mouth feels so much cleaner after using the tongue cleaner, breath is much fresher compared to just brushing and using mouthwash. I rarely, if ever, go without using this. This is especially useful for me because I suffer from post-nasal drip when I sleep and this helps me clean all the mucus out in the morning. This along with my neti have really changed my life

I ordered this for all of my siblings too and they have told me similar things.
on June 9, 2016
Simply the best product available keeping your tongue clean and keeping all that nasty bacteria out of your mouth.

True story-- I originally bought this exact brand of product back in 1996 and it is STILL going strong. Unbelievable build quality. I just wanted To get a new one because Dr Tung makes such a fabulous product he deserves my support, and I can use it in my travel kit!!
on June 2, 2016
Wow this thing is almost scary how effective it is at taking gunk off your tongue!! The design is very helpful at getting right at the back of your tongue where other tongue cleaners are too wide to go. I noticed that my breath stays fresher for much longer after use of this tongue cleaner. Even comes with a little carrying case to keep it clean and in good condition. Actually ended up buying another one for my sister because she saw how effective it was. Its also easy to clean and easy to control for kids and elderly i believe.
on August 27, 2014
Can't believe I would write a review on this, but it's great. I bought this over a year ago and still use it frequently. It has held up to a lot of traveling and constant abuse. There has been no rust at all. It'll bend occasionally if I stuff it into my luggage the wrong way, but it's easy to bend it back.

Update 7/14/15: I accidentally left my tongue scraper at a hotel on a business trip, so now I'm back to buy another one. I've been using a spoon, but it's not as effective and looks weird to leave in the restroom.
on April 5, 2016
I ordered this tongue scraper because I lost my previous one that I had for over a year. I previously owned the long plastic one that looks similar to a toothbrush. This tongue scraper is totally different. And I have to say it is so much better! I think this steel tongue scraper does not even compare to the cheap plastic ones. It removes probably ten times the amount of yuck on my tongue than the old ones. This tongue cleaner is far superior to any others I have used. I love it!! It leaves my mouth feeling so much cleaner. Will buy again!