Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DYMO 12966 Mechanical Embosser with Tape
|Price:||$9.18 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use and modern look. Intuitive turn and click labeling system.
- Prints letters, numbers and symbols with an extra degree of comfort and convenience.
- No batteries needed. Stands on workbench or desk.
- Includes one pre-loaded12-foot by 3/8-inch wide embossing tape.
Create custom labels quickly and easily with DYMO labelers and compatible tapes. DYMO labelers can be used with a variety of white and color tapes so you can create sharp and easy-to-read labels. Find your DYMO label today. Shop now
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Now, I have a philosophy which has served me well, but it may or may not work out for others: if a device is broken to the point that it's about to go live with Dr. Trashcan and I have nothing to lose by taking it apart, I take it apart. Even if I don't manage to fix the device, I get to see how it works. When I took apart the label maker, I found about what one might expect: some little slivers of embossing tape stuck within the embossing wheel, jamming it up. Once I removed them and reassembled the label maker, its embossing feature worked again, although its cutter doesn't function as well as it did before this whole debacle.
If your label maker is broken beyond hope and you want to try this yourself, here's what I did:
1. Get out a smallish Phillips screwdriver and remove the two screws on the underside of the label maker. Place them in a bowl so they won't get lost.
2. Get out a long, slender flat blade screwdriver, the type one isn't supposed to use as a pry bar. Using your fingers, pull the grey embossing wheel assembly away from the black support on the bottom. You will find that the embossing wheel assembly doesn't wish to detach from the black bottom support. From the front of the label maker, jam the screwdriver into the gap thus formed, all the way to the back by the handle where the embossing wheel assembly won't detach.
3. With the screwdriver - yes, the very screwdriver one shouldn't use as a prying device - pry the grey embossing wheel away from the black bottom assembly.Read more ›
Squeeze with just a tiny bit more force than you have to, to get the letter to show up perfectly.
Always type a SPACE after the last letter so the space from the tape to the letter edge is the same on both sides.
There are a few common characters that this DOESN'T have, including: * & + % : ; ( ) [ ]
The lack of parenthesis and colons means no emoticons. :(
Anyone who scrapbooks, or is obsessed with organizing, should definitely have one of these.
However, do not use it on hot surface, such as power adapter. The letters will flatten away, according to my experience. ;)
This is what I have learned:
1. Sometimes little pieces of the label do break off and jam the pinwheel. But these can be easily removed from the pinwheel. If you keep pressing, the pinwheel seems to spit them out far enough so you can get a hold of it and pull it out.
2. Do not apply too much pressure to avoid breaking the handle. (This is for the men who are using it! I doubt this is a concern for the women folk given their gentle touch.
3. Be patient. The device needs training. Work the letters and number all around the pinwheel several times and do not grumble about wasting tape. This calibrates the device so all the numbers and letters are able to form better letters and numbers.
4. It makes no difference whether you always turn the pinwheel one way for each new letter selection or back and forth. (Some maintain it should be turned only one way to avoid "clogs".)
5. When the machine is new, it takes a period of breaking in.
6. If you treat your new little friend with care and compassion, your new friend will serve you well for years to come.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Piece of cr*p. Ceased to function after less than 2 reels of tape. Cutter and lettering all stopped doing anything but mangling tape. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Mark Donovan Warner
Bought Friday. Toast by Wednesday. Guess it worked well in the meantime. Never been more disappointed!Published 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
Last century, we had label makers like these in every office and I was excited to buy one for my daughter to use. This label maker is not nearly as good as the ones of years ago. Read morePublished 23 days ago by Scott Butler
Disappointed in this product. When advancing forward it leaves a small white mark between what I am writing. Again it wasn't worth the time and effort to return.Published 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
Love this label maker. Used it to label our chargers & more. So glad I purchased this!Published 1 month ago by Astaire