|Item Weight||2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7.4 x 3.9 x 9.8 inches|
|Item model number||1768815|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||1768815|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
DYMO LabelManager 420P Rechargeable Hand-Held Label Maker (1768815)
|Price:||$76.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Portable label maker's powerful lithium-ion battery charges quickly and lasts long. Recharge via USB or adapter.
- Label printer's large 4-line graphical display shows exactly how your label will print.
- Uses easy-peel, split-back D1 tape (1/4-, 3/8-, or 1/2-inch sizes). Thermal printing creates labels with no ink or toner.
- 8 fonts, 7 font sizes and 10 text styles. Prints 6 bar code types : UPC-E, Code 39, Code -128, EAN 13, EAN 8, and UPC-A.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Multiple font and label creation options, plus computer connectivity for even greater customization.
DYMO offers a complete range of products for the office, warehouse, worksite, home and even the classroom. From simple embossers, manual label makers and desktop products to industrial portables, computer-connected products, and cutting-edge software and online service, DYMO is here to simplify your tasks while helping you look more professional.
From its initial beginnings in 1958 as an embossing company, DYMO has grown into a company with global reach. Today, DYMO product lines include labels, label makers, contact management software and business card scanning solutions, mailing and shipping scales and online postage.
DYMO LabelManager 420P Label Maker
High-Performance Labeling to Stay Agile and Organized
Tackling a tricky project? The highly portable DYMO LabelManager 420P prints durable, water-resistant labels that make it easy to access files, charts, tools, and more. The large keyboard makes it a snap to enter and edit text, while the bright backlit display shows label contents and style before printing. The DYMO LabelManager 420P can also connect to a PC or Mac with the included USB cable for access to powerful editing capabilities including additional fonts, graphics, and barcodes.
- Create labels using eight on-board fonts, seven font sizes, ten text styles, plus over 200 symbols and clip-art images
- Connects to PC or Mac for additional font, graphic, and barcode printing options
- The large four-line backlit graphical display shows formatting and font effects on-screen before you print
- Stores up to 15 frequently used labels, and prints up to 10 copies of the same label at once
- Rechargeable battery pack helps save time and money
Convenient and Portable Handheld Design
A rechargeable battery pack, large backlit display, and quick access to keys, fonts and text effects make it easy to create labels on the go.
Organization Made Easy
Multiple Font Sizes and Styles
The flexible DYMO LabelManager 420P comes equipped with a broad range of label customization options, including eight on-board fonts, seven font sizes, ten text styles, and 8 boxes plus underlining.
Six Barcode Types
Simplify inventory control and tagging by leveraging the barcode types your organization needs. The DYMO LabelManager 420P prints 6 barcode types, including UPC-E, Code 39, Code 128, EAN 13, EAN 8, and UPC-A.
Powerful Customization via Computer Connectivity
Looking for more label customization options? Simply use the included cable to connect the LabelManager 420P to a PC or Mac to access the fonts loaded on the computer. Connected users can also add a personal touch to their labels with a company logo or personal graphics.
Save Time and Money with Rechargeable Power
The DYMO LabelManager 420P is powered by a convenient rechargeable battery pack; saving users the cost and hassle of dealing with traditional batteries. It can also be powered and recharged via the included AC power adapter.
The Right Label for Any Job
DYMO D1 labels are created from durable materials that are both water and UV-resistant. Standard D1 labels are ideal for hundreds of tasks around the home or office, such as filing, storage, and asset management. They come in a wide variety of colors for easy, at-a-glance coding and organization. These continuous label cassettes allow users to create customized labels of nearly any length.
For general labeling or extreme conditions, vinyl labels offer moisture, chemical and UV resistance, making them ideal for labeling both indoors and outdoors. Available in the widest range of colors that adhere to key OSHA, ANSI and ISO color standards.
Flexible Nylon Labels
DYMO D1 and IND flexible Nylon labels are perfect for curved or heavily textured surfaces. They are also ideal for flag-marking cables. Their permanent adhesive means they stay stuck once applied.
|DYMO LabelManager 160||DYMO LabelManager 210D||DYMO LabelManager 280||DYMO LabelManager 420P||DYMO LabelManager 500TS Touchscreen||DYMO LabelManager Wireless Plug N Play|
|Label Widths||1/4, 3/8, and 1/2-Inch||1/4, 3/8, and 1/2-Inch||1/4, 3/8, and 1/2-Inch||1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4-Inch||1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, and One-Inch||1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, and One-Inch|
|Suggested Applications||Files and Binders, Home Organization||Files and Binders, Home Organization||Files and Binders, Home Organization||Files and Binders, Asset Identification, Barcoding, Facilities & MRO Labeling||Files and Binders, Asset Identification, Barcoding, Facilities & MRO Labeling||Files and Binders, Asset Identification, Barcoding, Facilities & MRO Labeling|
|Uses D1 Label Cassettes||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes DYMO Productivity Software||✓|
|PC and Mac Connectivity||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Uses Connected Computer's Fonts||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Touch Screen Interface||✓|
|On Board Fonts, Font Sizes, and Text Styles||1, 6, 8||1, 6, 7||1, 6, 7||8, 7, 10||10, 25, 32||N/A|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: DYMO LabelManager 420P Rechargeable Hand-Held Label Maker (1768815)
Brother PTD450 PC Connectable Label Maker B00OCEKCCQ
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||9.84 inches x 7.36 inches x 3.94 inches||8.3 inches x 2.6 inches x 3.1 inches||9.2 inches x 2.5 inches x 4.9 inches||2.8 inches x 7.4 inches x 7 inches|
|Item Weight||2.33 pounds||2.1 pounds||2.37 pounds||3.22 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
My biggest complaint is the battery life. If you completely charge the device and then leave it unplugged for 2 or 3 days, it'll be completely dead, even with zero use. On top of that, the manual states that the charger doesn't power the unit, it just charges the battery. So, once you do plug it in, you have to wait around 10 minutes for it to give the battery charge before it'll start working. Very annoying in the field.
I've found the workaround is to fully charge it up then take the battery out and not to put it in until ready to use. This is quite a pain though and is not something that should happen. Most devices (e.g. cell phones) do not behave this way so there must be some engineering flaw where the device uses power even when turned off.
I contacted technical support and they were not very helpful. Initially offered to replace the battery but I explained it's not the battery since I can take the battery out once fully charged and it doesn't lose it it's charge. She offered that I could send it in for warranty but I'm not sure if I'm ready to go to the hassle to do that just yet.
I am assuming this is some sort of user error so I submitted a help ticket. Dymo gets back to me and says that I enter 11 digits and the 12th digit is automatically assigned upon generation of the barcode.
But it doesn't print the 12th digit. I follow-up again and wait a week. No response. Then I get another form email saying they question was answered. It wasn't. I need a physical label printout showing a 12 digit UPC code.
I'm still not sure if it is something I'm doing wrong. I'm giving two stars because of the lack of support, weeks of waiting for a non-response and the seemingly inability to print 12 digit UPC-A barcodes. (I would give it 1 star if this is confirmed).
I'm attaching a photo to show what result I'm getting. For demo purposes, I simply used the exact bar code on the Dymo box.
For general label printing, this is fine. But there are many other options if all you need is a general label printer. Not many hand-held UPC printer options.
- Beautiful design. This is one sexy looking label printer.
- The orange back light helps in dimly lit situations. Annoyingly, it turns off after 10 seconds or so and there is no way to adjust it.
- It fits well in my hand. The paper cutter is accessible with the right thumb.
- Printing resolution is excellent. I can print symbols and such without any problems.
- PC/Mac compatibility. Hook it up with a supplied USB cable (yes, it comes with it!). Go to My Computer and open the disk drive. Launch the .exe file. No installation!
- Excellent additional software. Download it from their website (Dymo Label v8) which is far better than the supplied one. You could save labels and layouts, print addresses from address book, etc.
- Formatting options are overwhelming, especially when connected to a PC/Mac. The software can even take screen captures and make a label. I googled "Resistor symbol" and took a screengrab and BAM! You're done. This is meant for black/white pixalated or vectored graphics. You won't get good results with a picture of your dog stuck on a label.
- Only up to 3/4" width cartridges
- D1 Cartridges are a little expensive (around $15 a pop) and this is where they make money. However, they do come in 23 feet lengths which is plenty for home use. If you own a business, you might want to do some math.
- The most ANNOYING thing is the keyboard layout.Read more ›
On a related note, my very, very old battery operated label maker still works and I change the batteries maybe once a year.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very nice machine, but it is quite complicated to learn and operate.Published 8 days ago by Robert D. Chandler
Great device, but waste label space at the beginning and end of text.Published 3 months ago by R3B3LLI0N
I'm using it so much, that no time to tel hoe good it is, IS PERFECT!lPublished 4 months ago by Rafael Blanco
Bought on Amazon Today's Deals for $39 dollars. Nice label maker. Works great and fits in your hand nicely. Hook up to your PC/MAC is easy and is the best way to print labels. Read morePublished 11 months ago by KEN TELLS ALL
More Major battery issue reports. This is a really nice labeler, however buyer beware of battery issue. I returned my first on thinking that it was defective. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Terry E Harlan
Love the labeler. It is easy to use and the battery has lasted a long time so far. Very pleased.Published 13 months ago by HPM North America
Only charging option is via USB cable, provided, and battery runs down pretty quick in comparison to other label printers. Can't seem to find a power supply for it.Published 14 months ago by ThomasOfAustin