YED Save up to 90% on textbooks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Size: 2|Change
Price:$5.46+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on November 7, 2010
I had bought my first container of Dynasty Five Spices to smell. I love the aroma! Then I started using it in my marinated cucumbers 'n' onions. Well, it doesn't last forever that way. I tried another brand of five spices but it didn't even begin to compare to Dynasty. There isn't anywhere around close where I can buy it so I was glad to find it on Amazon. True, the shipping is a little steep but I pay more than the total for spices in stores. This was worth it!
on November 4, 2011
I needed 5 spice powder. So I tried Dynasty. Excellent product. Wonderful flavor. If you never tried Chinese cooking, you are really missing out! Please try it!
on May 13, 2010
If you like licorice, then you'll enjoy this seasoning. I didn't realize that was one of the ingredients when I purchased this, but that flavor jumps out at you as soon as you open the jar. I used it for an asian style noodle broth with vegetables and chicken and it came out really well. This is hard to find in most stores and if you don't want to drive to numerous stores for this spice, just buy it online.
on August 30, 2012
My husband wanted to make a dish requiring Chinese 5 spice powder. I looked for it at all my local grocery stores: Ralph's, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's. None of them carried it. I probably could have gone to an Asian grocery store. But it was extremely convenient to just buy it here on Amazon and at a good price, too. Apparently, it is not real Chinese Five Spice Powder if it doesn't specifically have "Chinese" and "Five" in the title on the label.
on January 18, 2009
Great find as I didn't have to run all over town to look for this. It came very quickly. Thank you Amazon.com.
on August 7, 2013
the listing on the ingredients is not as delivered. delivered and packaged very well i use this on canning figs and this is not what i wanted
on March 18, 2014
I just received this jar of spice and am not pleased about the fact that it is labeled "Best by 6/13/14". Granted, it's not officially expired yet, but I would never have bought this from a store. It not only makes me wary of buying such things from Amazon (or online in general), but I'll definitely not buy from this Marketplace Vendor again. This is a spice blend that I use quite often — in everything from Asian stir-fries to pot roasts and most red sauces. But even given that, it'll take a year to use this.

Bottom line: BUYER BEWARE. If freshness matters to you, stick your local markets. I know I will.
VINE VOICEon February 1, 2014
I've never used Chinese Five Spices before, but we had a holiday goose and I wanted to try it in combination with citrus to flavor the bird. It was a real winner and I loved the spice combo. In fact, I like it so much that I'm finding other recipes just to use more of it.

This brand seemed to be of good quality and fresh, as well as being reasonably priced. We live in the country and don't have any stores that would carry such things, so I was really glad to find it online.

If you've got a recipe that calls for it, I highly recommend giving this one a shot.
on January 13, 2016
When this arrived in the mail the expiration date was rubbed off of the lid. I contacted the manufacturer to see if there was another way to figure out when the jar would expire but they said they couldn't help me if I wasn't able to read the information on the lid. I contacted Amazon's customer support and they offered to replace the item or refund my money. I asked for a refund and did not try the spice.

I had purchased the dynasty five spice from grocery store in the past and it was on par with other brands of five spice that I've had.
on March 7, 2016
We love to wok and cook asian but have not had a chance to really "cook" with this, but I opened it and used it on a diet asian frozen dinner the other day and it rocks! I can smell every spice! Can not WAIT to wok with this! Nice glass jar, packaged great, tight and safety lid... YUM WHAT a great addition to our every day or asian spice mixes! I think just sprinkled on white rice would be fabulous. A Must for your spice cabinet!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.