Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

DaVinci Kalani 4-In-1 Convertible Crib, Espresso
Style: Crib|Color: Espresso|Change

on April 20, 2013
We purchased this just over a year ago, in Espresso. I was alarmed when it arrived. The package was extremely heavy and there were rips in it. I was afraid to open it but obviously DaVinci anticipated some potential rough treatment as it was packed very efficiently to protect it from that type of shipping damage. There wasn't a scratch on it. It is natural wood and we had been warned that there it may mar or scratch easily. We have a very very active toddler that has slept in it for over a year and there is not a scratch on it. It is an attractive addition to his room and is sturdy and safe for him. We are looking forward to the next transition to the toddler bed with the railing!! We highly recommend this product!

It is now over two years later (Dec 2014) and I just have to add this addendum. This crib is great. It survived our dynamo boy who was so active, then it went to a transition converted bed with one full side and one with the railing. It was perfect. It gave him the security he needed but it was a big boy bed so he was ready for a genuine bunk bed when his first little sister needed this one. I had anticipated getting a new one for her but the timing was perfect for us to just graduate this one to her. It then moved across country without a scratch or damage. We did modest but careful packaging for that, and that sister now shares the bunk bed's other bed while their newest addition is in this crib. It's not often anymore that items survive through three children like this and still look great and can perform so well. It's been great !!!
4 people found this helpful
on August 20, 2017
This bed lasted us three years. Our daughter enjoyed it and it held up pretty nicely. The one downfall is that it is not truly a 4 in 1 crib. They sell it to you like it is, but we didn't realize until today, that it does not turn into a full size bed unless you buy the converter kit for it. Which is like another 70 bucks. We didn't opt buy the kit, as we found a decent nice twin size bed frame for half the cost that we were able fix and make look like new.
on December 17, 2016
So the product itself is really great. Like others have said, it does scratch a bit, but it's easy to put together, it's sturdy, it looks great, and it will last a long time due to the conversions. My four star review only comes from a shipping error. I ordered this in Honey Oak to match the changing table we bought, but I shipped in a darker color. Unfortunately we didn't notice this until we'd already had it shipped to our apartment in Japan, but Amazon did give us a partial refund. Make sure you check the color written on the box before you open it!
on May 18, 2017
Great crib but the lowest mattress level is too high. It's higher than the davinci Emily mini crib I was transitioning from. My 20 month son could lift his leg over the bar in this but couldn't in the Emily. We ended up putting the mattress straight on floor in the crib. It will buy us some time until we use it as a toddler bed.
2 people found this helpful
on August 23, 2017
My main gripe about this crib is that the barrel nut is easy corruptible and slightest tightening gets the inside screw damage. So I doubt it can be dismantle n put back in different usage mode more than once. That beats the entire purpose of buying this crib because of it's advertisement saying it can be used with side down and as bed for later use.

I will try to contact the product manufacturer customer service to see if I can get extra barrel nuts for future use.
review image
on February 23, 2015
This crib is beautiful. We finished painting the nursery this weekend and set up the crib right away. It was easy to put together and is very beautiful. The Toddler Rail comes with it and we order the rails at the same time to convert to full size when we are ready. It is a wonderful set and looks amazing in our baby girls bedroom. It took me a very long time to settle on a crib and I am so glad I chose this one.
review image
6 people found this helpful
on February 20, 2015
I got this for my daughter before she arrived in Oct of 2012. I assembled it my self 8 mths pregnant, easily wile my husband was at work. It is a gorious color. Smooth and sleak looking. The wood is a softer wood. Knowing that I was careful not knock the pieces against each other while assembling. Now, Feb 2015 we have had the crib in the toddler daybed setting for a while still just as sturdy as before. We do have a few teeth marks, comes with the territory of a teething infants (nothing major)
I did purchase (separately) the piece to turn the bed in to a full frame when she graduates put of the toddler size, but it to use it. The instructions are easy to read and include how to transform bed with that piece.
Update 2017: Finally, converting from a toddler bed to a full. Our had held up to one rambunctious jumping kid foot five years now!
3 people found this helpful
on April 16, 2018
The quality of this bed is defined exactly by the amount you're paying for it. No more and no less. The assembly was definitely a pain, but for 1.5 years, the crib was very stable. My is now 2, a few months ago, we tried to unassemble and change one side to the toddler frame and only then did we notice how poor the quality of the whole thing is, the screws don't fit right and even though we made them work before, we couldn't figure out how to fix the toddler gate. My son has chewed all around the wood once he started to stand up and i'm sure that's not safe. This crib is just. plain. okay. It did its job but not for as long as I wanted it to.
on September 26, 2017
Railings thin in comparison to other cribs. The back railing had a big crack in the middle and a huge chunk of wood out of the right corner. Seeing that we needed this crib put together right away, we decided to repair it and not try to send back a 96 pound package. I'll go to a store and look at furniture like this in person before purchasing again. $175... you get what you pay for.
on August 21, 2014
Update 1/25/15: After having the crib for a year, we still like it but don't love it. The finish on the crib comes off really easily and it dents super easy. My son was teething and now we have several lighter spots along the edge of the crib.

We bought this crib in the cherry color and it is absolutely stunning and sturdy. We have a mix of woods in our son's room and the cherry looks great with them all.
Pros:
-Beautiful color
-easy to assemble (just make sure you read the instructions carefully and lay out all the materials)
-sturdy (our son is only 6 mo old so we haven't seen its durability to him jumping...yet...but it seems very secure)
-mattress fits great (ordered the Safety 1st Heavenly Dreams White Crib Mattress)
-I was concerned that I would not be able to easily lay my sleeping baby in the crib because of the height if the sides since I'm only 5' 1". I've had no issues and neither have taller people in our family

Cons:
-it's made out of a softer wood that does scratch and dent fairly easy. We've had it 9 mo and it has at least 10 or more scratches/dents and we're pretty careful. One caution I have is that you run your hands over all the surfaces before you put your child in it. I got a sliver from the front railing. Had the wood seemed like it would splinter more I would have called the manufacturer or returned it, but we've had no additional issues.
-since the railings are like a sleigh you can't attach crib soothers over the front or back railings with the holder they come with. However, we found that we could attach our crib soother by zip tying cloth dog collars to the soother and tighten the collars around the sleigh edge. Just make sure the clips to the collars done press into the wood or are accessible to baby