Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on July 24, 2014
great gift for my husband for father's day..he loved it
on July 28, 2016
Cool book. Vivid art. Poetry ok.
on June 23, 2009
I used this book for a vespers service at my church in which I combined the topics of Juneteenth and Fathers' Day. The illustrations are colorful and well-suited to the poetry. The poetry (all by African-American poets) itself ranges from excellent to somewhat ordinary. I think it would make a wonderful gift for a new dad...of any race. Also good for kids in preparation for Father's Day.
on June 17, 2012
I purchased this book for my great grandson because his dad is deployed. Although the book is too advanced for his age, he loves the pictures and he makes up a story to go with them. Anything that will help my sweet little great grandchild with his long wait for his dad is worth it. I love the pictures as well.
on September 28, 2014
Great images. It will be my gift for my nephews for years to come. Also gave a copy to a male friend.
on May 21, 2011
I originally got this book for Father's day to read to my students. After reading it, it really made me look at fathers a different way, and for those that are fathers in their children's lives should be celebrated.
on March 24, 2015
Lovely family read
on March 6, 2000
I thought this book was very unique. It has poems about everything children notice in their fathers-from being a hard worker to a picky dresser. The illustrations are wonderful. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on September 1, 2013
i thought that this was a story book that my son could read with my grandschild. its a poetry book and its not so bad.