- Age Range: 4 - 8 years
- Grade Level: Preschool - 3
- Lexile Measure: 450 (What's this?)
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens (July 7, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1619634732
- ISBN-13: 978-1619634732
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 0.4 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#123,810 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #168 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > First Day of School
- #568 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Parents
- #1359 in Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Friendship, Social Skills & School Life > School
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.75 shipping
Dad's First Day Hardcover – July 7, 2015
$0.69 extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From School Library Journal
PreS-Gr 1—Oliver and his dad had a fun summer—playing, singing, and reading together. When it comes time for school, Oliver is ready, but his dad grows nervous as the big day nears. As Oliver's dad complains his stomach hurts, hides from his son as they prepare to leave, and drives slowly to school, Oliver is the one reassuring his dad. This familiar story will hit home with kids and parents alike who have experienced first day of school jitters. As Oliver's dad proclaims, "I'm not ready for school!" The colorful gouache illustrations will elicit giggles from young readers as they imagine their parents behaving like Oliver's dad. VERDICT A charming addition to the popular first day of school section.—Sarah Polace, Cuyahoga Public Library System, OH
DAD'S FIRST DAY
By the end of the book, readers will be all set for school too: this is sure to provoke shared laughter that will calm the fears of even the most unready parents."
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At home, Dad is sad without Oliver. And rushes back to school early but sees something that makes him realize Oliver's right place is at school. This book allows both children and parents to talk about first-day jitters in a safe and humorous way. The illustrations are happy and colorful (like the cover), and this would be a good book for families, classroom teachers and librarians to share.
A classroom could draw a picture afterwards of what they enjoyed most about their first day or week of school.