Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dahlia Women's 100% Merino Wool Pashmina Scarf - Houndstooth or Plaid Pattern
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on August 26, 2012
Now... if you unfold this ALL THE WAY... which leaves you with a *huge*, wide scarf (big enough to wrap over my head and around my neck and down into my jacket, which i will sometimes do and pair with a hat or my motorcycle helmet) - it IS a tad thin, which leaves it prone to pulls and snags. However the times I've done this are few. So cheap--maybe, ten or twenty years ago, it would have been thicker and perhaps then it would not snag quite as much. But I got TONS of compliments on it, and there is nothing to the weave or design to suggest cheapness. and truly, i gave this "fashion" scarf a workout. If I'd just been wearing it out to the office or an evening out, I doubt I'd have had any problems at all. As it is, they are still basically injuries to the fabric that only i would notice. It's still got plenty of wear for this winter and next.

With all that said, this is without question the prettiest, softest, WARMEST, most versatile (due to it's size) and most fashion-forward scarf I've ever owned. Warm like wool, but not scratchy at all, smooth and soft as a baby's bum.

It's long enough to do almost ANYTHING with - usually i wear it doubled over width-wise (sometimes even twice) and then i fold it in half length-wise, wrap it around my neck, and pull the tasselled ends through the loop. This method gives it plenty of pile around my neck and the scarf is long enough to have plenty of end to tuck securely into my coat. It also leaves the scarf the least vulnerable to accidents.

However as I said first, I have also been able to wear this scarf like a classic bubushka with room to spare, and been grateful to have it. In many ways it's ability to spread out very thin is an assett. it is still warm but you can fit it under a hat easily, or just keep your hair from getting blown out of shape, with a light touch.

If you are sick of having too-short scarves (i've bought SO many) and want one that is gorgeous, warm, versatile, soft, and pretty too, get this scarf.

I basically beat mine to death last winter since I wore it every day,for every purpose indoor and out, but I think it will make at least one more season, and I'm buying another one in brown for a treat. Aside from being pretty it's just the best performing
on November 13, 2014
I will use this scarf, but was a bit disappointed with the thin fabric. Unlike other reviews, I didn't think the black and white were distinct, probably because of the thin fabric allowing a visual bleed through.

I had planned to give it as a gift, but don't think it's impressive enough. I will use it periodically with a black coat during the winter months. Overall, it's serviceable.
on January 8, 2010
This is a perfect scarf ... or, perfect for me at least. I was looking for a black and white print scarf("houndstooth" is what I typed into google), woven from a warm, good quality, natural fiber, and of a length that could be circled around the neck for warmth yet still fall with a nice drape. This was the only product I found that seemed to meet each criteria. But, always expecting to be disappointed with online purchases, I was nervous in placing the order. So much wasted worry ... this scarf surpassed each criteria!
With regard to the print, I wanted a very distinct black and white pattern. Many of the houndstooth prints I looked at seemed so small that the effect seemed to be more of a grey. Or sometimes the pattern seemed dominated by white or by black. This scarf is a perfectly balanced black and white - very eye catching - very sharp.
The pashmina is incredibly soft - luxurious really (NB - I'm a cotton/linen/sometimes-marino girl so if you're a silk/velvet/cashmere person you may disagree). And the length is just right (ok, I might have liked it about 6 - 8 inches longer because I do like to play with draping, but this is the longest I could find and hangs perfectly [to my taste] if I don't drape it over my head).
Really, I couldn't be happier with the scarf, and the price seemed really reasonable, especially considering the overall quality of design and fabric.
I was looking for classy, distinctive and cozy and that's what I got.
on October 10, 2014
I am extremely pleased with this scarf! It is soft, and will be very comfortable to wear with my coats. I felt lucky to have found it, since its black and white colors go nicely with BOTH of my coats (one black; one grey). Actually, I suspect that this would go well with almost any color coat/wool suit--so, would make a fabulous gift.
on December 19, 2010
Unlike the previous reviewer, I AM a silk/cashmere type of girl so I guess my expectations for this scarf were a bit higher. Though scarf may be an overstatement. The weave is incredibly loose and the fabric is so light that it feels and looks like cheesecloth. Mine came with runs and sections where the threads had pulled apart. If the craftsmanship were better this would make a lovely distinctive scarf...
77 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
This thing is warm and soft and it makes me feel like I'm inside the rectum of a cloud filled with more clouds.
on May 18, 2011
My biggest fear in buying clothes and accessories online is that they won't be as pictured on the website. However, what you see here is what you get. My roommate really wanted a houndstooth scarf, so I got her one as a present.

Pros: the cashmere is soft, and the houndstooth gives it an elegant look. The houndstooth pattern is big and you can see the threads, but I like that about this scarf. It's very warm and the fringe is pretty.

Cons: The scarf could be longer; the current length makes it so you can only loop it around once.

My roommate has had the scarf for a couple of months and it still looks brand new!
on December 30, 2014
Hard to find a houndstooth scarf with a large pattern. The scarf is warm, very large size, so you can double it around your neck, soft, not itchy as a lot of merino wool clothing usually is. It's great...
on October 23, 2013
The fabric used to make this garment is flimsy and fragile. Just removing the tag resulted in tears in the fabric. Also, ewelry get snagged in it.
I would not purchase from this company again, and I'm very displeased considering the cost.
on December 9, 2014
Loosely woven. Poor quality. I should have return it. It is wool, but does not look like Merio wool.